Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

DanielBB8

I don’t hate Toy Story Mania. I love the ride! I just can’t see it being a ride like BTM or HM, something that’s there for years and will be there for years.

I can’t see it being a Disneyland in 20 years. If it’s there for more I would be shocked.
What’s the criteria when Disney decides to replace it? I just don’t think you know so you already decided it should go. This attraction is a franchise so it’s very likely to be around for a very long time.

VJ

I think its a shame they don’t change up midway mania more. You could easily have lots more games on a random play so you don’t know what you’ll get like they do with star tours. Would make the ride a lot more fun and add repeatability
I think that was the original intention, and holiday (Halloween and Christmas I think?) games were even made and programmed but never implemented.

BrianLo

I actually think the time is ripe for the holiday overlays;

1) because the third track and addition of other priority attractions has finally made Midway Mania very reasonably accessible in DHS. I anticipate TSMM (TSM) will wind up like a 5th/6th priority FP+ pick by the end of next year, which is completely remarkable from where it was a few years back.

2) because there is no downtime needed to convert it. We know WDW, god forbid, can't take a ride down for refurb more than once every 15-20 years.

3) because they are trying to turn DCA into the Halloween park, this is another reasonable attraction that would be inoffensive and easy to add to that roster.

As far as the ride, I think it's fun. It's completely inoffensive for how fun it is, yet it gets a totally unfair rap. My first visit to DLR with friends the summer of Carslands opening, their question at the end of the day was whether there were any more game rides like TSMM in either park.

I actually think screen city (Universal Orlando) would actually have a better lineup if you randomly plopped TSMM into it. An unbelievable assertion I know.

mickEblu

They should add a few AAs, some more interactive elements (like the apparent water effect when you hit the cloud ? that I thjnk experienced once) and change up the games every now and then. And brighten up those screens for crying out loud.

smile

It’s fun but it’s no E Ticket. And it’s in two parks that need and deserve so much more.

for an ip that deserves more...
the franchise that started it all gets giant jessies and a wii game... pardon?

tsl in dhs should have been taken as srsly as carsland and had a rsr equiv - tsl's all over the world and combined they can't green anything WITH AN ACTUAL STORY

smile

You got to stop typing from your phone.

if i'm curt with you it's because time is a factor...
i think fast, i talk fast, and i need you to act fast if you wanna get out of this.

so, pretty please... with sugar on top... stop harassing me

:cool:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
i think fast, i talk fast, and i need you to act fast if you wanna get out of this.

Why do you write like you're running outta time?

Phroobar

Your messages are next to impossible to read.

smile

Your messages are next to impossible to read.

sorry, guys

suppose haste, a distaste for walls, and a tendency to post streamy thought shards (?) isn't particularly fair to the reader - my apologies!

i'll consider your feedback :D
appreciate you bringing this to my attention - thanks for caring!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
sorry, guys

suppose haste, a distaste for walls, and a tendency to post streamy thought shards (?) isn't particularly fair to the reader - my apologies!

i'll consider your feedback :D
appreciate you bringing this to my attention - thanks for caring!!

I was just making an allusion...

Rich T

Calling TSM a "Wii Game" is like calling Pirates of the Caribbean a Flume Ride. The live competition, the motion of the vehicles, the outstanding 3D with perfectly-timed 4D effects, the AMAZING real-time processing going on, and the general intensity and fun factor make this ride a winner. It's unique and special. It doesn't need any AA's. It doesn't need a story. It's incredibly fun the way it is, and its continued popularity is the result.

Not everyone has to love every ride. Not every ride has to have AAs and a story. TSM is fun, brilliant, beautifully done and one of the most re-ride-able attractions ever. I'm (certainly) not one to defend every Disney project, but TSM has been a hit since Day 1 for a reason: It's a blast as well as an appropriate and clever non-book-report use of the IP.

Phroobar

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
EmotionalDisguisedChinesecrocodilelizard.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom