Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

dweezil78

All the building facades in Hollywood land ARE close by to park.

I'd perfer they put in Westwood Village's Fox Theater and it's interior instead.

5f6f70cb5ebf4eb1ed11e357abe18c2d.jpg

o.jpg

Love that theater, but it’s a little too close in style to Carthay for both to both co-exist in DCA don’t you think?

dweezil78

Seems silly to me to think about cloning a facade that that pre-dates the Mickey ride by 30 years and they are retrofitting it into -- I don't think they would have used a theater facade had they not been using the GMR space. If they do end up building it here, I think it'd be way cooler to disguise it as part of the Disneyland train line as a new (or updated) station -- with one side used for the regular train, and another side that transitions you into some bizarro cartoony station. With Main St cinema and Carthay (plus the Hyperion facade), I think we're pretty good on the whole theater thing.

mickEblu

Seems silly to me to think about cloning a facade that that pre-dates the Mickey ride by 30 years and they are retrofitting it into -- I don't think they would have used a theater facade had they not been using the GMR space. If they do end up building it here, I think it'd be way cooler to disguise it as part of the Disneyland train line as a new (or updated) station -- with one side used for the regular train, and another side that transitions you into some bizarro cartoony station. With Main St cinema and Carthay (plus the Hyperion facade), I think we're pretty good on the whole theater thing.

Not a bad idea but then we lose the whole being sucked into the theatee screen concept.

mickEblu

Yeah...but the only reason that concept was even concocted in the first place is because there was a theater there leftover from the old ride.

Yeah I know. I just think it’s a cool concept and hope they find away to carry that over even if it doesn’t make ad much sense. They can just make the facade a Toontown theatre.

Rich T

Before my time and your time it was a gift to humanity. Then cheapness happened.
I used to visit one of the first Chuck E. Cheeses after work in the early 80's (I am a fossil) to play Tempest and Venture. It was more of an all-ages arcade and less of a playground back then. At the time, I almost liked the weird, surreal atmosphere (the applauding hands on the wall!) but I only tried the pizza once. My clearest memory, though: The make-your-own-sundae bar... with several flies buzzing around it...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I used to visit one of the first Chuck E. Cheeses after work in the early 80's (I am a fossil) to play Tempest and Venture. It was more of an all-ages arcade and less of a playground back then. At the time, I almost liked the weird, surreal atmosphere (the applauding hands on the wall!) but I only tried the pizza once. My clearest memory, though: The make-your-own-sundae bar... with several flies buzzing around it...

You're a bit older than I am, but we've probably hit a lot of the same spots.

BTW, no more Ready Player One quotes? I mean it did just get released on BluRay.

TwilightZone

Oh dear god that sundae bar sounds terrifying.
But somehow less germy than it is now. My mom knew someone who's kid died from some germ they caught there.

Rich T

BTW, no more Ready Player One quotes? I mean it did just get released on BluRay.
"Is James Haliday really dead?"
"Yes."
"Then what are you?"
"Goodbye, Parzival. Thanks. Thanks for playing my game." And then I bawl my eyes out--That scene makes me imagine how I'd feel if I ever got a chance to talk to Walt Disney's ghost.

Bought it when it released early on iTunes. I could watch King Kong chase the Delorean all day! :D Not a perfect film by any means--I'd rank it with the original Jurassic Park. Great idea, likeable heroes, and a lot of ingenious, wonderful action scenes connected by "adequate" character scenes. And a couple of plot holes (does *everyone* live in Columbus???) But, man, it's so much fun! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom