Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Phroobar

I miss this scene from the book.

23e.jpg

Rich T

I miss this scene from the book.

23e.jpg
Yeah, me too (it's probably the most iconic scene in the book), but I think the race was a solid replacement--Otherwise, they'd have a movie where the first and third challenges had the hero standing at a video game cabinet. Although... what if the race had everyone riding flying ostriches? That would have been great!!! :D

Phroobar

Yeah, me too (it's probably the most iconic scene in the book), but I think the race was a solid replacement--Otherwise, they'd have a movie where the first and third challenges had the hero standing at a video game cabinet. Although... what if the race had everyone riding flying ostriches? That would have been great!!! :D
What's wrong with standing in front of a video game cabinet? I do that for at least a half hour every day. ;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And a couple of plot holes (does *everyone* live in Columbus???)

Not to turn this into a Ready Player One thread, but for the movie the characters had to be close together otherwise it'd take 6 hours to tell the story. Not that having more Ready Player One is a bad thing. ;) But seriously, I know that everyone likes to find movie plot holes, especially when it comes from a book source material. Screenwriters have to condense a lot of material from a source into a few hours. So they cut corners, tweak the story, and change locations in order to be able to fit it into a normal 2 hour movie. And then directors have to further condense that down in order to make sure it translates on screen. Otherwise if they didn't, like you said in another post, you'd have boring scenes like watching a kid in front of a video game cabinet for half the movie.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly, I think Runaway Railway should go in DCA. DCA is in desperate need of a family dark ride like that.

Mike and Sully to the Rescue should be that dark ride but it’s so low key that I think a lot of people forget it’s even there. Such a wasted opportunity there.

Toon Town really needs a shot in the arm. The Mickey ride could be the key to getting people to go back there again.

TROR

Mike and Sully to the Rescue should be that dark ride but it’s so low key that I think a lot of people forget it’s even there. Such a wasted opportunity there.

Toon Town really needs a shot in the arm. The Mickey ride could be the key to getting people to go back there again.
The best shot in the arm for Toon Town would be a shot in the head.

TwilightZone

The best shot in the arm for Toon Town would be a shot in the head.
Both options would be good at this point.

JD2000

For me personally, Roger always seemed a misfit for Disneyland and the land's aesthetics never did anything for me. I want to see Disney completely retheme it, with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as the new tent pole attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom