Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Castle Cake Apologist

Wow! Just wow! This is the best thing they've created on American soil in decades, and I'm just basing that on a YouTube video.

It's hard for modern WDI to get a compliment from me, but they knocked it out of the park. Obviously I'll never forgive the loss of GMR, but this is really a worthy successor.

Edit: I'm never going to get this song out of my head in the best way.

Last edited:

jt04

Total game changer.

Wonder if they are considering gutting some attractions and installing this system? Seems very adaptable.

Felt like the first ride on Spider-Man and this was a video! 😍

TP2000

Very cool!

That's a picture of Walt Disney in 1966 when he built a railroad in Orlando to help him scope out his new land purchases for Walt Disney World. He sketched out all of the Magic Kingdom and Epcot parks himself in the parlor car of this train, with Phase 2 plans to include a movie studios park and a very fancy zoo. Plus timeshare condominiums surrounded by large surface parking lots. Because Walt Disney World was his ultimate dream and he built it himself in 1966. So that's why this photo is in DHS.

Poor CMs. Sounds like they're on damage control as they corral the masses. What to do? Tick people off or let'm ride? Apparently peeps are swarming the media preview event in hopes of riding. We might get spoilers a day sooner. It's a cluster! LOL

That's hysterical! I took a brief break from the fabulous Super Tuesday entertainment happening tonight to check in on this. Nice to see that the opening ceremony for this new ride went flawlessly and WDW management nailed it. :rolleyes:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
One little detail when you walk out...you hear the credit music at the end of all the shorts. The song I have coined the “whistling theme”.

EDIT: Yes, I’m aware it comes from “The Adorable Couple”

Last edited:

begood524

Totally understand now why people said this ride doesn't film well. These POV's will only be able to show a little bit of every scene since there is something always happening around you!
I guess that's why I was sort of disappointed - it seems like you zip through all of the scenes so quickly there's no time to take it all in, plus it seems kinda short overall. Hopefully it's better in person.

Jabbas

I guess that's why I was sort of disappointed - it seems like you zip through all of the scenes so quickly there's no time to take it all in, plus it seems kinda short overall. Hopefully it's better in person.

All of the rides at Disney are too short. That’s why I never do lines. It’s not worth it. Before kids, rope drop or magic hours. After kids..just go with the flow. If I can’t get. FP for this next time I’ll rope drop. I should be good in 3 years right? Lol

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I’m excited to see all the opening day vlogs tommorow...as well as those reactions. We taking bets on how long standby will be? I’m going 3 and a half hours.

Hawg G

It’s rather hard to tell from a video. A POV of Spidey leaves me underwhelmed.

Universal is attacked all the times for being too screen based. Now, Disney makes a ride that is essentially going from one complete screen room to another, on basic vehicles, and they are genius.

I don’t get it.

Use this tech to being back Mr. Toad, with ten times the Wildness. This is cheap tech, they could do it all over.

Hell, add it to Pooh so it doesn’t look so horribly dated.

Brer Oswald

Universal is attacked all the times for being too screen based. Now, Disney makes a ride that is essentially going from one complete screen room to another, on basic vehicles, and they are genius.

I don’t get it.

Use this tech to being back Mr. Toad, with ten times the Wildness. This is cheap tech, they could do it all over.

I agree, this tech should be used for more Dark rides. No more of the plastic glasses please.

Disney Analyst

I don’t get it.

Universal was attacked for having a park with the majority of their attractions being screen based or screen heavy. That was it. They have good rides, some incredible top of the industry rides, but building The Simpsons, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Gringotts, Fallon, and Fast and Furious all in one park is just a bit much.

Add in Kong to the mix and it’s all they’ve done for the past... how many years?

Something I do think Disney is doing better right now is they are really perfecting a good screen to practical mix in the “screen heavy” rides. And then with their mix of other offerings it feels much more balanced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom