Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

TP2000

Great Movie Ride was never that great, even on opening day. D+

But that's a personal opinion (one which I share with you, but some folks loved that ride). The Canoes at Disneyland were a D Ticket, and as they still operate if they brought back the tickets it would probably still be a D Ticket because of its high labor costs.

The ticket system was created because it reflected the costs of operation of each ride, although there was also some marketing magic involved also. Thus you had labor intensive rides like the Canoes or StorybookLand as D Tickets, while less labor intensive dark rides like Snow White were C Tickets. The first animatronic attraction, the Enchanted Tiki Room in 1963 was above a 75 cent E Ticket you needed for the Matterhorn or Submarines, and required a special 85 cent ticket just for the Tiki Room because the cost to operate that special show was so high in the mid 1960's.

But if you could get a deep pocketed sponsor to cover the costs, the attraction was free. Thus the GE Carousel of Progress and the Monsanto Adventure Thru Inner Space were free, no ticket required. Even though the Carousel of Progress probably would have been an E Ticket and Inner Space a D Ticket, owing to their animatronics and complex operating systems.

So with all that said, after watching the corny B Roll video that Disney released yesterday, I am convinced that Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is an E Ticket. This is going to be a really great ride for DHS, and eventually Disneyland and other parks, to have in their roster of E Tickets!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm very confused about how people are referring to the ticket system now.

MMRR is very clearly an E-Ticket. There is a difference between what a ride was designed to be, actually is, and has become.

A ride like GMR was designed as an E-ticket and will always be an E-ticket.

If we no longer give it value because it became outdated that does not change its inherent ticket value.

The original ticket system was based on demand. Not necessarily quality or scale. Disney no longer uses the system, and when describing a ride using the Ticket-System it is not based on demand, as such, GMR becoming dated and perhaps less popular does not drop it down to a D-Ticket.

Originally, the Ticket system was based on the ride's cost and how much Walt was charging kids to ride each time based on that cost. Over time, the Ticketing system was used to move crowds around (much like FP does today) by upping the ticket level of rides with huge lines and/or low capacity and lowering the ticket level of rides losing their luster (and guests).

WDI does continue to use the nomenclature internally, but they don't advertise it as such.

Guests make up their own theories about what constitutes "an E-Ticket" ride either by how much they like it, how impressed they are with it (even though it may be technically unimpressive), or by how long the lines are ("if there are long lines, it must be an "E"!).

Anyhoo... that's off topic. See here...

Surferboy567

Original Poster

We know the media is filming so why can’t we get video? Again, they cut out before the thing we want to see.

Source: Touring Plans

I just want the full experience video

SplashJacket

I know we've seen layouts... but have we had any that show the layout of the new ride over the layout of GMR? Paging @marni1971 or anyone else.
IIRC, @przidentkendall made one in one of his videos regarding MMRR. If you google image MMRR layout, a gif should appear overlaying the new layout on the old one. The gif was a clip of the aforementioned video though, for credit's sake.

For what it's worth it's near the bottom

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Apparently media wasn’t allowed film the ride
What’s the big secret? We already seen most of it anyways. Wonder if this is going to be something that they are going to do now with all the new rides.
Not sure if this is accurate because of this...

Also preshow and other elements filmed.

EDIT: Source ThemeParkReview

I know...but they say “full video coming soon” implying they filmed it.
I’m just saying what I saw from many many media outlet responses, a good dozen have said they were not allowed to film. Also someone’s leaked the whole tornado scene on Instagram

I can confirm...they weren’t allowed to film at least for the media event.

JohnD

Or try this one:

IveBeenJack

IIRC, @przidentkendall made one in one of his videos regarding MMRR. If you google image MMRR layout, a gif should appear overlaying the new layout on the old one. The gif was a clip of the aforementioned video though, for credit's sake.

So basically the layout was purposely abstract from the exact ride layout, but the Alicia Stella of Orlando Park Stop, made one a month ago which is more precise.

What I got wrong in my layout were the Stampede and Carnival scenes, as I used examples from the Mickey shorts, or a running with the bulls "Stampede" instead of a Wild West stampede. And I interpreted Canival Chaos as referring to the Brazilian Carnival that was featured in the Mickey Shorts as well.

Blueprint8.jpg

NOTE: Alicia's version is created from the other angle. So essentially flipped.
Runaway-Railway-layout09-690x460.jpg

Attachments

• Blueprint6.jpg
    Blueprint6.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,869

Disney Analyst

Thank you!

BUT

Wait, that GIF makes it look like they are completely reusing the previous ride layout as was? Is that the case? I thought it was completely gutted and it would be a different layout of sorts.

IveBeenJack

Thank you!

BUT

Wait, that GIF makes it look like they are completely reusing the previous ride layout as was? Is that the case? I thought it was completely gutted and it would be a different layout of sorts.

It's a very similar flow around the building. Not identical, but roughly the same. Imagineering has opened up areas and combined multiple show spaces for one larger show space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom