Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Brer Oswald

I really dislike the animatronics, but I also really dislike the whole look of the characters in the current Mickey shorts. I wish this ride had the more classic look.

With that said, everything else about the ride looks great in photos. I love how full every scene is; there's stuff all around you. I'm excited to ride eventually.
The way I look at it, you choose between the newage “Clubhouse” Mickey look and this. This is way closer to the classic style. Especially Mickey.

UNCgolf

The way I look at it, you choose between the newage “Clubhouse” Mickey look and this. This is way closer to the classic style. Especially Mickey.

Yeah, I'm sure part of it is just preferring the look he had when I was a kid -- the same look he still has in the parks. It's also the look he's had for the vast majority of his existence; he basically looked like "current" non-Mickey Shorts Mickey by the early 1940s, if not earlier. I think that's the Walt Disney version of Mickey.

I also just don't really like that character style in general though. I always hated the way characters looked in Ren & Stimpy.

TsWade2

VIDEO - Take a ride on Mickey and Minnie's Runway Railway

This ride is going to be so cute, cuddly, and very innovative.😍 And believe it or not, I enjoyed Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse shorts. They're cute and funny. I think this ride will make Walt Disney proud. Sadly, I'm a DIsneyland person and I have to wait two more years for this ride to come to Disneyland. BOO!:mad: But, in the meantime, I can't wait to watch the full ride on youtube this Wednesday.;)

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Yeah, I'm sure part of it is just preferring the look he had when I was a kid -- the same look he still has in the parks. It's also the look he's had for the vast majority of his existence; he basically looked like "current" non-Mickey Shorts Mickey by the early 1940s, if not earlier. I think that's the Walt Disney version of Mickey.

I also just don't really like that character style in general though. I always hated the way characters looked in Ren & Stimpy.
That version of Mickey was when “Mickey Mouse The character” died, and Mickey Mouse the logo was born. I do like his early 40s design though.

peng

Looks fun, while I'm still bummed out that the great movie ride died (they honestly could have waited a couple years and just replaced the scenes not owned by them or Fox), this looks like a good replacement. My only gripe is that the mickey animatronics looked off in most scenes (the pete one looks great).

UNCgolf

That version of Mickey was when “Mickey Mouse The character” died, and Mickey Mouse the logo was born. I do like his early 40s design though.

That's fair.

I think they could have used the logo Mickey and paired him with the character from the Mickey Shorts, though. I just think it's a better look/design.

Brer Oswald

That's fair.

I think they could have used the logo Mickey and paired him with the character from the Mickey Shorts, though. I just think it's a better look/design.
I’d vote for this design instead.
DEB962DC-400A-4E40-9A04-A729550691A4.jpeg

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I’m in LOVE with this ride! It seems so fun! Is it just me or is it weird that they didn’t include the Daisy scene?

Hopefully tomorrow we get the full experience videos. Couple of things left out:

-Preshow Effect
-Queue before you board train
-Stampede Scene
-Twister
-Most of the simulator portion
-Daisy
-Most of the ending
-Unload and Unload effect

EDIT: THE WHOLE BOILER SCENE.

Lots of things are missing...fingers crossed we get the whole thing tomorrow.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Well, the tech is amazing. No doubt about it.

But yeah...much as I like the new Mickey shorts, I too wish the Imagineers had gone with 1930's Mickey, instead of the new shorts Mickey. The AAs are..ehhhh. Especially where the Imagineers chose to use round balloon shapes for heads (like Pete's when he works the jackhammer, and Mickey's and Minnie's when they're on the floating hot dog). Just too obvious and weird. It's clear the Imagineers had to really twist things to make the AAs fit the extreme stylization of the cartoons, and IMO the AAs suffer for it. And is it me, or are Mickey's eyes a bit too big for his head? And his hands way too small? Well, maybe it's better in person. It'll be a few months before I can ride it. I'm so glad I rode The Great Movie Ride three times during my last visit to WDW. I had no idea...

P.S. FWIW...I think I saw Oswald and Ortensia during the carnival scene, in the entrance to the Twister ride. You can see two of Donald's nephews there too.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
P.S. FWIW...I think I saw Oswald and Ortensia during the carnival scene, in the entrance to the Twister ride. You can see two of Donald's nephews there too.

It’s funny I thought I saw that as well...then no one on here mentioned it so in my many rewatches I just ignored it. If you look closely I believe that’s Ortensia...Oswald is harder to make out but I think that is him. I’d recognize Ortensia’s design any day after Epic Mickey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom