Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Mike730

New Aerials here:

disneyland-runaway-railway-construction-2-micechat-1.jpg
Looks like a 3 or 4 story building? I'm assuming this is integrated backstage support because the ride itself is just a warehouse.

mharrington

Apparently they are seven minutes (just like the original cartoons). And they seem to be packaged in two like several cartoon TV shows are.

Great day to be a Mickey Mouse fan!

Will we get to hear Minnie's new voice here? Or had Russi Taylor done a lot of voicework in advance? I met Bret Iwan at a local convention and he said that Wayne Allwine did several episodes of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" in advance before he passed away, and it wasn't until 2012 that episodes where Iwan took over appeared.

Disney Analyst

Will we get to hear Minnie's new voice here? Or had Russi Taylor done a lot of voicework in advance? I met Bret Iwan at a local convention and he said that Wayne Allwine did several episodes of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" in advance before he passed away, and it wasn't until 2012 that episodes where Iwan took over appeared.

There was another tweet talking about how they did all of the from home, including the voice actors, and how it was a challenge. So I sadly don’t think so.

Brer Oswald

Some of them were 7 minutes. I do think I enjoyed the shorter ones more, hopefully they don't lose any charm with the extended runtime requirement.
There were a few. But I don’t think it was more than 4 or 5. The longer ones were more story oriented. The shorter ones were more action sequences and “comedy” oriented, without much of a plot.

mharrington

There was another tweet talking about how they did all of the from home, including the voice actors, and how it was a challenge. So I sadly don’t think so.

But Russi Taylor passed away long before the pandemic ever hit. If they did do everything from home, including the voice actors, then I would think that would include Minnie's performer as well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But Russi Taylor passed away long before the pandemic ever hit. If they did do everything from home, including the voice actors, then I would think that would include Minnie's performer as well.
It has not been confirmed yet who will perform Minnie's voice for the new shorts. It is unlikely at this point that it will be Russi as this new series was likely not in production before she died.

If I was to guess who would be the "new" voice of Minnie it would be Kaitlyn Robrock who has already voiced Minnie in episodes of Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures for Disney Jr.

Last edited:

mharrington

It has not been confirmed yet who will perform Minnie's voice for the new shorts. It is unlikely at this point that it will be Russi as this new series was likely not in production before she died.

If I was to guess who would be the "new" voice of Minnie it would be Kaitlyn Robrock who has already voiced Minnie in episodes of Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures for Disney Jr.

If that's the case, then at least Robrock and Bret Iwan are now close to each other in age, just as Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor were (almost) close in age. Personally, I've kinda felt that there was something a bit off-putting of Taylor continuing to voice Minnie while someone much, much younger (so young that Taylor could easily have been Iwan's mother in another life) voiced Mickey.

Although, I'm pretty sure Chris Diamantopolous (is that how you spell it?) will voice Mickey in this new series, since it's basically a continuation of the 2010s series (frankly, Diamantopolous could have been Taylor's son, too, in another life).

mharrington

Watch this ride-through video that was posted on the official Disneyland Instagram page and tell me what's missing....

Incidentally, I think James MacDonald actually started voicing Mickey in 1946, in a short called "Squatter's Rights", which is the kind of short that is ostensibly labeled a Mickey cartoon, but is placed under Pluto's official filmography.

mharrington

Hold the phone.... will Disneyland's version not have the Daisy ballroom scene?? Why was it cut out of the video?

I have no idea. But to be fair, there is already a ride on property with cars dancing like that: Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters at DCA. Therefore, if I were to guess, the reason it was cut was to avoid cannibalization.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Watch this ride-through video that was posted on the official Disneyland Instagram page and tell me what's missing....

The queue, the preshow, the initial park scene, the dance hall room, the outside-the-factory room, chuuby's good-bye, the exit.

Do I win a prize?

Do you think they'll be cutting out the pre-show and three rooms in DL?

bshah365

I have no idea. But to be fair, there is already a ride on property with cars dancing like that: Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters at DCA. Therefore, if I were to guess, the reason it was cut was to avoid cannibalization.

Ok yes but it's one of the only scenes that has intimate animatronic interaction with guests without the use of screens/projections.. Also the Daisy animatronic is my absolute favorite bc she's (IMO) the only impressive animatronic.. as shes not just a screen projected onto a sphere.. she has a moving mouth, arms, knees etc. That scene is just super refreshing and fun imo....

mharrington

The queue, the preshow, the initial park scene, the dance hall room, the outside-the-factory room, chuuby's good-bye, the exit.

Do I win a prize?

Do you think they'll be cutting out the pre-show and three rooms in DL?

I hope not, but I do know the queue will be different. As for the dance hall scene, I think the reason it's not there is because there's a ride already where it's nothing but dancing vehicles: Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters at DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom