Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

BayouShack

I don’t think the WDW preshow will work for the DL version since the movie theater itself is already in the cartoon world. Maybe the Daisy animatronic will make an appearance in our version of a preshow?

BubbaisSleep

I don’t think the WDW preshow will work for the DL version since the movie theater itself is already in the cartoon world. Maybe the Daisy animatronic will make an appearance in our version of a preshow?
It can still work if the theater is advertising the ride as a cartoon for cartoons to watch. The animation on the ride is different than Toontown’s version of The Fab 5. That would allow them to keep Toontown unchanged while featuring two different versions of the Fab 5 within one land. Cartoons watching cartoons, not too much of a stretch.

BayouShack

I suppose “work” wasn’t the right word. I meant “necessary.” Sort of like how our version of Mermaid didn’t need a facade inspired by the movie because it was themed to boardwalk dark ride.

I could see them cutting it if space or budget demands it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do I win a prize?

1600200561737.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You people crack me up. I saw George's post and it reminded me of the video and thought it was a funny coincidence. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

In all seriousness, we do know the footprint of the building is different, so there will most likely be some differences in the ride layout. Whether they change, cut, or add anything remains to be seen. I'm looking forward to whatever they do and should add new life to Toon Town.

DisneyLostBoy03

Hoping they don't remove the dancing scene. It's actually one of my favorite scenes in WDW version of the attraction, especially since I am a dancer myself. Nonetheless, I am still excited and looking forward to this attraction coming to DL.

mharrington

It can still work if the theater is advertising the ride as a cartoon for cartoons to watch. The animation on the ride is different than Toontown’s version of The Fab 5. That would allow them to keep Toontown unchanged while featuring two different versions of the Fab 5 within one land. Cartoons watching cartoons, not too much of a stretch.

I don't know, I think the cartoons kind of have a Toontown vibe to them already.

socalifornian

Looks like a 3 or 4 story building? I'm assuming this is integrated backstage support because the ride itself is just a warehouse.
Yeah it’s tall. The building this ride replaced also had the the Toontown hills. It’s probably why they haven’t bothered digging below grade for the showbuilding
F47026B2-E9B5-4AB7-955E-58422971DDDB.jpeg

mharrington

I personally feel that yes the city hall area will be the new entrance. They'll probably level off those ramps and maybe get rid of the gazebo so it doesn't block the views

I wouldn't be too broken up to lose the city hall, but I hope we don't lose the small food areas as well. They are literally the only food places in the area.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I wouldn't be too broken up to lose the city hall, but I hope we don't lose the small food areas as well. They are literally the only food places in the area.

I have to wonder if new dining establishments might be coming to the land elsewhere. I also personally feel like Donald’s boat and Goofy’s may be on borrowed time anyway.

Particularly in the era of COVID, fall protection/litigation, ADA, and OSHA some of these older nonfunctional high touch play areas seem like bygone relics.

mickEblu

I have to wonder if new dining establishments might be coming to the land elsewhere. I also personally feel like Donald’s boat and Goofy’s may be on borrowed time anyway.

Particularly in the era of COVID, fall protection/litigation, ADA, and OSHA some of these older nonfunctional high touch play areas seem like bygone relics.

I wonder if there is a creative way that they can keep the facades but turn them into restaurants.

EDIT: well I guess they re not facades. So just convert the structures/ surrounding areas into restaurants.

Last edited:

mharrington

Well, Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse can be reused for something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom