Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

BubbaisSleep

I don't know, I think the cartoons kind of have a Toontown vibe to them already.
I haven’t seen the ride videos but I know the characters in Toontown look pretty different than the ones featured on MMRR. Toontown seems to be built around Rodger Rabbit’s animation as well, which is different enough from the new animation Disney is using in my opinion. Though you may know more, I’m trying to stay as spoiler free as possible till I ride MMRR. I’ve seen a few of the shorts in YouTube though.

mharrington

I haven’t seen the ride videos but I know the characters in Toontown look pretty different than the ones featured on MMRR. Toontown seems to be built around Rodger Rabbit’s animation as well, which is different enough from the new animation Disney is using in my opinion. Though you may know more, I’m trying to stay as spoiler free as possible till I ride MMRR. I’ve seen a few of the shorts in YouTube though.

I was actually referring to the fact that some of the vehicles in the cartoons tend to be anthropomorphic. Buildings, too, have cartoonish faces as well (as in "Eau de Minnie").

George Lucas on a Bench

20200916_124235.jpg

brb1006

If that's the case, then at least Robrock and Bret Iwan are now close to each other in age, just as Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor were (almost) close in age. Personally, I've kinda felt that there was something a bit off-putting of Taylor continuing to voice Minnie while someone much, much younger (so young that Taylor could easily have been Iwan's mother in another life) voiced Mickey.

Although, I'm pretty sure Chris Diamantopolous (is that how you spell it?) will voice Mickey in this new series, since it's basically a continuation of the 2010s series (frankly, Diamantopolous could have been Taylor's son, too, in another life).
Chris will voice Mickey in the new series, since they wanted a voice that sounded closer to Walt's Mickey voice from the early 1930s.

mharrington

Returning to an earlier post on Kaitlyn Robrock as the new voice of Minnie, according to Robrock's article on the Disney Wiki, it's not known if she is indeed going to become Minnie's new official voice actress or if someone else will take over for other projects, including the new Mickey Mouse series coming up.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Returning to an earlier post on Kaitlyn Robrock as the new voice of Minnie, according to Robrock's article on the Disney Wiki, it's not known if she is indeed going to become Minnie's new official voice actress or if someone else will take over for other projects, including the new Mickey Mouse series coming up.
While it is possible, I find it very unlikely they would get another actress to voice Minnie when they already have an actress voicing her for another series.

So I would be very surprised if it wasn't Robrock.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

I have to wonder if new dining establishments might be coming to the land elsewhere. I also personally feel like Donald’s boat and Goofy’s may be on borrowed time anyway.

Particularly in the era of COVID, fall protection/litigation, ADA, and OSHA some of these older nonfunctional high touch play areas seem like bygone relics.

Agreed, and Goofy as well as Donalds would make for some great themed food establishments

mharrington

While it is possible, I find it very unlikely they would get another actress to voice Minnie when they already have an actress voicing her for another series.

I could be wrong but I don't believe Disney has multiple actors/actress voicing the same character at the same time. So I would be very surprised if it wasn't Robrock.

Well, Chris Diamantopoulos (it's really hard to spell that without looking it up) voices Mickey in this series (and Runaway Railway), but he's not the official voice. Also, Daniel Ross voices Donald Duck in "Mickey's Roadster Racers"/"Mickey's Mixed-Up Adventures", but he's not the official voice either. The only reason Tony Anselmo didn't do the voice was because he was preoccupied with voicing Donald elsewhere, such as in the aforementioned Mickey Mouse series, as well as "DuckTales" and that Three Caballeros series.

Agreed, and Goofy as well as Donalds would make for some great themed food establishments

The problem is, they're not really all that big. At least, the Donald space isn't. At best, it would probably be used mainly for seating.

Zorro

I could be wrong but I don't believe Disney has multiple actors/actress voicing the same character at the same time. So I would be very surprised if it wasn't Robrock.

Tony Anselmo, the official voice of Donald Duck, didn't get the gig for the Roadster Racers series. Likewise for Bret Iwan, the official voice of Mickey Mouse, on the Paul Rudish series.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, Chris Diamantopoulos (it's really hard to spell that without looking it up) voices Mickey in this series (and Runaway Railway), but he's not the official voice. Also, Daniel Ross voices Donald Duck in "Mickey's Roadster Racers"/"Mickey's Mixed-Up Adventures", but he's not the official voice either. The only reason Tony Anselmo didn't do the voice was because he was preoccupied with voicing Donald elsewhere, such as in the aforementioned Mickey Mouse series, as well as "DuckTales" and that Three Caballeros series.
I stand corrected. However I'd still be surprised if anyone other than Robrock does it since she just started voicing Minnie.

We'll find out in Nov.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

The problem is, they're not really all that big. At least, the Donald space isn't. At best, it would probably be used mainly for seating.

I don’t foresee them building a large scale dining establishment in Toon Town but I could see 2-3 smaller scale quick service windows being converted into these locations similar to what currently is in place already adjacent to city hall should that area get absorbed by the MMRR queue/entry or gift shop.

Goofy’s could easily have burgers/hot dogs and perhaps a themed ice cream shop or Harbor Gallery style quick service restaraunt near Donald’s.

mharrington

I don’t foresee them building a large scale dining establishment in Toon Town but I could see 2-3 smaller scale quick service windows being converted into these locations similar to what currently is in place already adjacent to city hall should that area get absorbed by the MMRR queue/entry or gift shop.

Goofy’s could easily have burgers/hot dogs and perhaps a themed ice cream shop or Harbor Gallery style quick service restaraunt near Donald’s.

I was talking about the small-scale eateries. The ones that actually are there are just walk-up counters, but even they need some space to move around and make the food.

As for Goofy being converted into an eatery, while certainly doable, it would eliminate a play area for kids. Granted, it probably will be out of commission for the time being, given the pandemic, but eventually, play areas will return.

Ismael Flores

Yes, a pathway to Galaxies Edge

I still think this needs to happen, It would definitely help with the congestion that occurs during parades. The pinch point near the teacups and matterhorn of people trying to reach IASW, tontown and theater (when its being used) is really bad. A new pathway connecting that back part of the park with frontierland would really help.
might be a bit difficult thru toontown because of the large backstage area between Galaxy edge and toontown that was left but how about this?

new path.jpg

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I was talking about the small-scale eateries. The ones that actually are there are just walk-up counters, but even they need some space to move around and make the food.

As for Goofy being converted into an eatery, while certainly doable, it would eliminate a play area for kids. Granted, it probably will be out of commission for the time being, given the pandemic, but eventually, play areas will return.

Point taken and I don’t disagree. But to me the bigger long-term challenge for Toontown, TSI, etc. is constantly retrofitting each of these spaces to be OSHA, ADA compliant. While the current pandemic will surely pass eventually, I think the trend in the company has been to utilize every ounce of space they can for “Instagrammable food and merch” which while groan-worthy to us fans truthfully makes sense from a shareholder perspective.

I just don’t see modern Disney management wanting to build any new attractions if they result in a net loss to F&B space and these “interactive”/playground experiences which have only probably proven more costly to maintain from a litigation standpoint. Just look at what they tried to do with Main Street Cinema.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom