Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

TP2000

Runaway Railway may be the last thing they ever add to the parks that doesn’t annoy me in some way. I actually feel like I could look forward to it.

I'm right there with you. Avengers Campus just seems underwhelming and dumb, at least for the first few years until the new E Ticket opens.

But this Runaway Railway thing sounds very fun and classic Disneyland. I like how it's incorporated into Toontown, and is giving them a reason to freshen and update Toontown at the same time. It seems to be a win-win for everyone, which is so rare now. About the only way they could screw this up at this point is to make the exit gift shop a Target. 🧐

truecoat

Before you enter the cinema, you’ll experience a special exhibit created by the Toontown Hysterical Society featuring costumes and props from the toon world.

MMRR.jpg

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I'm right there with you. Avengers Campus just seems underwhelming and dumb, at least for the first few years until the new E Ticket opens.

But this Runaway Railway thing sounds very fun and classic Disneyland. I like how it's incorporated into Toontown, and is giving them a reason to freshen and update Toontown at the same time. It seems to be a win-win for everyone, which is so rare now. About the only way they could screw this up at this point is to make the exit gift shop a Target. 🧐

At the same time, it's goint to be a hit for the general fan. I have no idea when they plan on opening it in 2020, but if it's open when we visit in May 2020 then my boys will want to spend all of their time there. They love that area at UO, they will love it here. The rides there will eat people up and the park will gain a significant capacity boost compared to A Bug's Life.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So is this ride going for a meta theme? So the purpose of the movie theater in the Disney World version according to my understanding is so you can enter the cartoon world of mickey through the movie screen. so...why do we have a movie theater in our ToonTown version? We are already in the cartoon world by entering Toontown. So are we going into a cartoon inside of a cartoon world we are already in? Are we going into a movie our Mickey has filmed and joining him ala Last Action Hero? If that's the case then why doesn't he look like the classic Mickey inside the ride and not the new age ugly cartoon style that will be in the ride? Also the concept art adds to the strangeness since we have our classic Mickey and Minnie out front that look different than how they appear in the ride? I feel like the facade should have been something other than a movie theatre since we are already in Toontown.

Sharon&Susan

So is this ride going for a meta theme? So the purpose of the movie theater in the Disney World version according to my understanding is so you can enter the cartoon world of mickey through the movie screen. so...why do we have a movie theater in our ToonTown version? We are already in the cartoon world by entering Toontown. So are we going into a cartoon inside of a cartoon world we are already in? Are we going into a movie our Mickey has filmed and joining him ala Last Action Hero? If that's the case then why doesn't he look like the classic Mickey inside the ride and not the new age ugly cartoon style that will be in the ride? Also the concept art adds to the strangeness since we have our classic Mickey and Minnie out front that look different than how they appear in the ride? I feel like the facade should have been something other than a movie theatre since we are already in Toontown.
It doesn’t sound too absurd to me that in a universe of cartoon characters that ‘toons would watch films with other toon actors with them.

And I can think of a few old Warner Bros cartoon where the characters talk to the audience or even escape from the screen. In a Roger Rabbit inspired (which in turn is inspired by the Golden Age Fleicher and WB cartoons) , I don’t see why it can’t also happen to the audience.

The reason Mickey looks so different on the ride is heavy plastic surgery.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It doesn’t sound too absurd to me that in a universe of cartoon characters that ‘toons would watch films with other toon actors with them.

And I can think of a few old Warner Bros cartoon where the characters talk to the audience or even escape from the screen. In a Roger Rabbit inspired (which in turn is inspired by the Golden Age Fleicher and WB cartoons) , I don’t see why it can’t also happen to the audience.

The reason Mickey looks so different on the ride is heavy plastic surgery.
This isnt about a world of toons watching other toons. we as guests are not cartoons. we are people who enter the cartoon world of Toontown that has always been at Disneyland until the toons decided to let us in( that is the story when the land first openend). I don't get why normal mickey is having us look at a newer cartoon version of himself while we are in the toon world. I am looking forward to the ride I just wish instead of a movie theater we got something that fit the theme of Toontown better for the facacde and main story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom