Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Phroobar

Cast member uniforms get uglier and uglier with each new attraction.
Why can't we have uniforms that look like this?

tomorrowland-astronauts.jpg

planodisney

Anyone have an explanation why they announced this so early instead of saving it for D23?
The P and R panel seams like it’s going to be very short on DLR announcements and this as a surprise addition to Toontown would have really jazzed up the faithful.
It doesn’t make sense, particularly for a ride that isn’t opening for 3 years.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyone have an explanation why they announced this so early instead of saving it for D23?
The P and R panel seams like it’s going to be very short on DLR announcements and this as a surprise addition to Toontown would have really jazzed up the faithful.
Your guess is as good as ours....

The hope was because they announced this early they would have a big surprise announcement for the DLR. That was where the recent increase in TL redo rumors were pointing a lot of us. But who knows, we'll all find out tomorrow.

BrianLo

Your guess is as good as mine. I think entertainment and music are emptied out already so perhaps they had the choice between it being the worst kept secret or still having an element of surprise?

I am hopeful for some on ride footage tomorrow, but I agree the reaction from the crowd is now a bit lost.

Snow Queen

sdhbvwuy4y9u143.jpg

Here’s a new look at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Mickey’s Toontown in 2022! This first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where anything can happen.

The action takes place at the El CapiToon theater at Disneyland, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.”Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020. Read the full story.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rts-cruise-ships-and-beyond-at-d23-expo-2019/

...I like the pun more than I feel like I should.

captveg

That makes a ton of sense. Gag Factory gift shop always made more sense as an exit, and this will allow them to redo the hills facade so they hopefully don't have to repaint it so often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom