Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Cheney!

This ride seems more and more promising the further it is along. It really feels like an outlier and a "classic" piece of Disneyland. It's just a shame Toontown is in such a sorry state around it. Old attractions like Donald's Boat or Goofy's Playhouse and shabby at best, and are practically wasted space. I hope Disney can come up with some way to revitalize the rest of the west side to compliment RR.

mharrington

Once this big new attraction opens, why not just turn the Goofy and Donald spaces into meet and greet locations for those two characters (and maybe add Daisy at times as well)?

I was thinking they should convert their spaces into more legitimate ride spaces instead, which I have posted on more than one occasion in the Imagineering section. The Goofy space would become home to a fun little car ride through his house, something of a cross between Mr. Toad and Autopia, where you drive little cars through his house accidentally.

The Donald space would be rebuilt and take over the Gadget space as well, converting it all into a space for a new kiddie coaster, themed to Donald, where he has apparently started his own sky school, like Goofy has over at DCA, where, of course, things go wrong. I felt that a coaster would fit Donald's quick temper just as well as Goofy's ineptitude.

An alternative to the Donald idea would be to give the Gadget concept a retheme to something like, say, Ludwig Von Drake, who is testing some new invention and he invites you to test it out for him as his guinea pig. The coaster aspect shows that he still needs to work out some bugs. Of course, it would also mean that Donald's Boat would remain, which would be too bad, given the need for a serious spruce-up.

Ismael Flores

I was thinking they should convert their spaces into more legitimate ride spaces instead, which I have posted on more than one occasion in the Imagineering section. The Goofy space would become home to a fun little car ride through his house, something of a cross between Mr. Toad and Autopia, where you drive little cars through his house accidentally.

The Donald space would be rebuilt and take over the Gadget space as well, converting it all into a space for a new kiddie coaster, themed to Donald, where he has apparently started his own sky school, like Goofy has over at DCA, where, of course, things go wrong. I felt that a coaster would fit Donald's quick temper just as well as Goofy's ineptitude.

An alternative to the Donald idea would be to give the Gadget concept a retheme to something like, say, Ludwig Von Drake, who is testing some new invention and he invites you to test it out for him as his guinea pig. The coaster aspect shows that he still needs to work out some bugs. Of course, it would also mean that Donald's Boat would remain, which would be too bad, given the need for a serious spruce-up.
Those sound fun but theose areas are way to small for any kind of attractions. Any new addition would require plenty of space just for ADA requirements alone.

mharrington

Those sound fun but theose areas are way to small for any kind of attractions. Any new addition would require plenty of space just for ADA requirements alone.

I'm just saying that these areas (indeed, almost the entire land) need attention. It would be better than just letting Donald's boat in particular continue to wither away. And really, who besides serious Disney fans even know who Gadget really is?

Now that I think of it, would a copy of Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse require ADA additions?

Phroobar

I think Goofy's Paint n Playhouse would make a great and cheap addition to Goofy's house. It would give the place a purpose and looks pretty fun.

gph444013LARGE.jpg

mharrington

I think Goofy's Paint n Playhouse would make a great and cheap addition to Goofy's house. It would give the place a purpose and looks pretty fun.

gph444013LARGE.jpg

It would be a fun little game. I wish I could find out a way to translate the Japanese into English, so we can hear Bill Farmer's Goofy rather than the late Yu Shimaka's Goofy (he passed away right around the time Russi Taylor did, ironically enough).

On the other hand, however, considering it's a Tokyo original, I'm not sure if the OLC will allow it to be replicated outside of Tokyo.

Mike S

Just came here to say it’s amazing that Toontown still exists. Not only exists but also getting an E ticket. Not only exists but also getting an E ticket AND Roger was spared.
Yeah. Meanwhile we had to lose a very unique ride to get our version. I’m excited for the ride but we could’ve easily gotten this in another area of the same park. Animation Courtyard is useless.

“Blessing of size”

TROR

Yeah. Meanwhile we had to lose a very unique ride to get our version. I’m excited for the ride but we could’ve easily gotten this in another area of the same park. Animation Courtyard is useless.

“Blessing of size”
I don’t think I’ll ever like WDW’s version of this for the very reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom