Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My rebel spies report that the entertainment building is supposed to be vacant by 8/31. There are reports of stacks of flat moving boxes being delivered to the cube farms. I haven't heard any detailed reports of the interior layouts of the new entertainment buildings. I've only heard that people are getting smaller cubicles with less storage. Unfortunately, I know several people whose jobs involve physical materials that can't be digitized, so it should be interesting. And I believe there will be less windows for the offices.

I haven't heard anything about any offices moving into TDA or people in TDA moving off-site. One of my best Bothans retired. < sniff >

Sorry to hear about your Bothan retirement, but hopefully they're enjoying life away from TDA....

Old Mouseketeer

Well, sad news. I enticed an acquaintance for drinks (not really an enrolled Bothan Spy--think of this as more of a recruitment exercise--if you can call a watered-down margerita, runny salsa, and stale chips "recruitment"). They have announced the names for the two new Entertainment Buildings. They are "Wands" and "Wishes". I have no idea which is which.

Apparently they had a contest. I guess they picked the losers. At least I hope they did.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, sad news. I enticed an acquaintance for drinks (not really an enrolled Bothan Spy--think of this as more of a recruitment exercise--if you can call a watered-down margerita, runny salsa, and stale chips "recruitment"). They have announced the names for the two new Entertainment Buildings. They are "Wands" and "Wishes". I have no idea which is which.

Apparently they had a contest. I guess they picked the losers. At least I hope they did.
Just curious, for those that don't know, what was the name of the previous building?

mickEblu

And this just reminds me. How the heck do they not build one Star Wars thrill ride in 14 acres? Space Mountain from 1977 is still the longest wait in the park. Their is a reason for that.

Disney Analyst

So why is the line for Space Mountain almost always longer than Indy? Haha. I understand what you re saying. By average I mean average in the future. Not just the year it opens.

I mean, Indiana Jones can do 2,400 per hour, vs Space Mountains 1,800, and that's obviously if it's running at full capacity.

mickEblu

I mean, Indiana Jones can do 2,400 per hour, vs Space Mountains 1,800, and that's obviously if it's running at full capacity.

Does Indy really have higher capacity than Space Mountain?

So what will have higher capacity M&MMR or ROTR? Either way my prediction stands, M&MMR will have longer waits than ROTR and not just during the first year.

Sounds like M&MRR will be more reliable. I also think it has a wider appeal. It also has the lower height restriction. Of course we don’t know what exact capacity is for each but I think I heard ROTR is around 1700 people an hour. Haven’t heard anything on M&MMRR. I also could be underestimating how mind blowing ROTR will be.

Last edited:

britain

Does Indy really have higher capacity than Space Mountain?

So what will have higher capacity M&MMR or ROTR? Either way my prediction stands, M&MMR will have longer waits than ROTR and not just during the first year.

Sounds like M&MRR will be more reliable. I also think it has a wider appeal. It also has the lower height restriction. Of course we don’t know what exact capacity is for each but I think I heard ROTR is around 1700 people an hour. Haven’t heard anything on M&MMRR. I also could be underestimating how mind blowing ROTR will be.

I'm sorta over RotR. I mean, it's been my main interest in SWGE for the past 4 years, and I hope it's great, but it has been whittled down from my original blue sky ideas ("You could fit like 20 Mr. Toads inside that show building! They could build multiple planets on multiple levels! It could be an hour long adventure!!!) and now it will probably be more like a slicker, quicker Great Movie Ride with a FoP drop at the end.

All well and good, but it's still a ways off and it's not really stimulating my imagination anymore.

RobWDW1971

All well and good, but it's still a ways off and it's not really stimulating my imagination anymore.

I still have a candle in the window burning hoping it's great. Unfortunately the endless delay, the leak of almost every detail of the ride, and the "tepid" response to the rest of SWGE has definitely sucked the wind out of the balloon. A great ride is a great ride, so I'm hopeful.

(Still time to switch Kylo Ren with Darth Vader? Nope? OK, just gotta keep asking.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom