Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Adding this here as well - Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will soon transition from an Individual Lightning Lane to the Genie+ lineup. No exact date has been given.
They should just get rid of ILL altogether.....or at least only in the first few months when there is higher demand. I don't think Rise's standby lines are long enough anymore to justify it and RSR did just fine for many years without needing it.

At this point it becomes nothing more than a money grab.

TrainsOfDisney

I don't think Rise's standby lines are long enough anymore to justify it
When slinky dog dash has a longer wait time than Rise (as was the case on my recent visit) that tells you something.

Also… I waited for said long line to ride slinky dog but I go to Cali all the time right now and that darn slinky dog is just so cute!!!

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I think Runaway Railway is a great addition to the Toontown area and breathes new life into what otherwise was a fairly forgettable land. The way it's executed in DL is so much better than over in Florida, you'd think that with the "blessing of space" WDW would build the ride elsewhere but nope, gotta close something else instead of adding capacity.

The museum inside the queue is really cool and part of me would really like to see a rotating collection of items from throughout Mickey's history, but I know they won't do that. I was really hoping they'd sneak a play of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah in the Mickey Mouse Disco area since that song is on the album, when I was there on one of the days they played the Small World remix.

Disney Analyst

Based on fresh baked’s latest video, the addition of this attraction into regular Genie+ has increased standby significantly from before, or so it seems.

As expected. Le sigh.

Rich T

Based on fresh baked’s latest video, the addition of this attraction into regular Genie+ has increased standby significantly from before, or so it seems.

As expected. Le sigh.
If they’d drop Genie+ and line skips altogether, the standby lines would move at a reasonable pace… just like they did once upon a time. Keep the Single Rider lines where possible, though; those are a win/win for everyone.

wdrive

If they’d drop Genie+ and line skips altogether, the standby lines would move at a reasonable pace… just like they did once upon a time. Keep the Single Rider lines where possible, though; those are a win/win for everyone.

It makes me mad when I think about it too much. They package these line skipping schemes up as a great service to the guests, while they only truly exist to make a very easy profit. As an out of town tourist the parks are downright miserable these days without Genie +

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

As expected. Le sigh.
He even came back later to a different scenario and questioned his earlier assumptions on just how much it was affecting the times and that he would need to investigate it further.

I don't disagree that it will increase standby times since more people will use LL over ILL, but just how much of an affect it has is yet to be determined. 1.5x? 2x? Not sure.

I'm just happy because my parents will be riding it for the first time next month and we can use Genie+ without paying extra for ILL like I did last April. Even without Genie+ and only ILL the standby times were still getting to 45-60 minutes. I still don't want to wait that long.

mickEblu

He even came back later to a different scenario and questioned his earlier assumptions on just how much it was affecting the times and that he would need to investigate it further.

I don't disagree that it will increase standby times since more people will use LL over ILL, but just how much of an affect it has is yet to be determined. 1.5x? 2x? Not sure.

I'm just happy because my parents will be riding it for the first time next month and we can use Genie+ without paying extra for ILL like I did last April. Even without Genie+ and only ILL the standby times were still getting to 45-60 minutes. I still don't want to wait that long.

Yeah it might effect wait times more then the typical Genie + ride as not only is it new but it’s one of the few Genie + rides that caters to children.

PiratesMansion

Yes, it will make the line longer and slower, as Genie does. Though at least those waiting for MMRR in standby have a fun, fully air-conditioned queue to wait in.

But adding MMRR to Genie+ was inevitable, and I think that in time its location will ensure that it will settle into a similar dynamic as the rest of Toontown pre-renovation, and one that the land found itself in before the renovation-with short waits easy to find at the beginning and end of the operating day.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Though at least those waiting for MMRR in standby have a fun, fully air-conditioned queue to wait in.
Well.....when you get there.....

1697577658084.png

J4546

i dont know what disney can do about the overcrowding other than limited guests in the park....but that will never happen lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom