Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Band Concert/Fun Wheel Mickey, without the pupils that were later added. I'm with those who think that was the best Mickey design.
(EDIT) All evidence of 1955 Mickey should be locked up for good. :D

To be honest, I'm ok with the new look because its basically a throw back to the Iwerks version.

As for the 1955 version, well that is what I actually grew up with. So I'm nostalgic about it.

TROR

To be honest, I'm ok with the new look because its basically a throw back to the Iwerks version.

As for the 1955 version, well that is what I actually grew up with. So I'm nostalgic about it.
If it's a throwback you want, this would've been far preferable.

Dg4ULylU0AAN5KF.jpg:large

Rich T

I grew up with it, too. It's associated with the original Mickey Mouse club, which is good-- But I was really glad when they decided to move him away from that 50's "suburban Mickey" and try to put a little more 30's charm back into his design.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I grew up with it, too. It's associated with the original Mickey Mouse club, which is good-- But I was really glad when they decided to move him away from that 50's "suburban Mickey" and try to put a little more 30's charm back into his design.

Yep, which is why I'm ok with the new version.

Rich T

PSA: This is being discussed in the animation forum, but you all should know: Someone on Youtube has posted the first five episodes of a show Disney has had in the works called "Legend of the Three Caballeros."
It's. Freaking. Fantastic. It just might be the most beautifully-animated tv show Disney's ever done.
It might never be shown or sold in the U.S. You might want to visit Youtube before it gets yanked. Man, I would gladly pay for this show on iTunes.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
PSA: This is being discussed in the animation forum, but you all should know: Someone on Youtube has posted the first five episodes of a show Disney has had in the works called "Legends of the Three Caballeros."
It's. Freaking. Fantastic. It just might be the most beautifully-animated tv show Disney's ever done.
It might never be shown or sold in the U.S. You might want to visit Youtube before it gets yanked. Man, I would gladly pay for this show on iTunes.

latest

TROR

The new version is better than the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse CGI version from 2006.
The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one is for preschoolers, though, not general audiences. Really, the new Mickey is just so ugly. Goofy's ever worse. I hate looking at the art. The only worse Mickey they could've chosen is the emoji Mickey which they dared to put up on the "it's a small world" mural in Tokyo. Disgusting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one is for preschoolers, though, not general audiences. Really, the new Mickey is just so ugly. Goofy's ever worse. I hate looking at the art. The only worse Mickey they could've chosen is the emoji Mickey which they dared to put up on the "it's a small world" mural in Tokyo. Disgusting.

That's your opinion, and I can appreciate that this look isn't "your" Mickey. However whether you like it or not is not really important, no offense. This is Mickey's look for the new generations growing up and watching these shorts, which makes it "their" Mickey. Because Mickey's look has changed many times there is no way to build an attraction to him that will please everyone's opinion on how he is suppose to look. This is why choosing the current version makes sense. Because the generation growing up with this look now will be going to the parks longer than anyone else who thinks this version isn't "their" Mickey. And in the long run everyone will just come to accept it as the attractions version of Mickey anyways.

TROR

That's your opinion, and I can appreciate that this look isn't "your" Mickey. However whether you like it or not is not really important, no offense. This is Mickey's look for the new generations growing up and watching these shorts, which makes it "their" Mickey. Because Mickey's look has changed many times there is no way to build an attraction to him that will please everyone's opinion on how he is suppose to look. This is why choosing the current version makes sense. Because the generation growing up with this look now will be going to the parks longer than anyone else who thinks this version isn't "their" Mickey. And in the long run everyone will just come to accept it as the attractions version of Mickey anyways.

While obviously there have been wardrobe changes and slight variation between each, according to the graphic you posted, Mickey has looked the same from 1939 all the way to the present with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That's the way Mickey looks in the theme parks. It's the way Mickey looks on the Disney water tower at the studios. It's the Mickey you get when you get a sticker sheet in your Wonderball. It's the timeless and standard Mickey Mouse.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While obviously there have been wardrobe changes and slight variation between each, according to the graphic you posted, Mickey has looked the same from 1939 all the way to the present with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That's the way Mickey looks in the theme parks. It's the way Mickey looks on the Disney water tower at the studios. It's the Mickey you get when you get a sticker sheet in your Wonderball. It's the timeless and standard Mickey Mouse.

Actually the Mickey you get in the parks is even different depending on the era from where it was referenced. For example in F! has Mickey with several different looks (not just waredrobe) based on the different eras referenced.

Here is a better look at the differences over the years:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Mickey_and_Minnie_Through_the_Years

Point is you have one that you prefer, which is fine. But overall most are either not that critical of it, or just accept that Mickey has had many looks over the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom