Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

CaptinEO

You know its inevitable especially with LL.
Semi related, I just remembered everyone claiming lightning lane was a good thing because it meant rides were getting dedicated money to be used for maintenance. Yet seems like Disneyland is in a state of disrepair from all I've read.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Semi related, I just remembered everyone claiming lightning lane was a good thing because it meant rides were getting dedicated money to be used for maintenance. Yet seems like Disneyland is in a state of disrepair from all I've read.
I don't think "everyone" claimed that, I know I didn't. Also the "Disneyland is in a state of disrepair" has been a bit overblown.

mickEblu

I don't think "everyone" claimed that, I know I didn't. Also the "Disneyland is in a state of disrepair" has been a bit overblown.

I don’t know about “disrepair” but Indy is worse than ever and all the bathrooms smelled like hell on my trip last week. The staffing shortage/ employees strike due to that new attendance policy seem to have really affected custodial. Multiple soap dispensers didn’t have soap too.

mickEblu

I wouldn't expect anything in the land to open with MMRR on January 27th, including Roger. The only thing that I expect to be open will be the entrance under the bridge to the land and an extended queue for MMRR among a sea of construction walls extending all the way from the bridge to the El Capitoon entrance blocking off both the east and west sides of the land.

I think there is a decent chance that Roger could be open too… unless they re doing stuff on the inside. What makes you so confident Roger won’t open with MMRR. They would just have to have that small area paved and everything else could be walled off.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think there is a decent chance that Roger could be open too… unless they re doing stuff on the inside. What makes you so confident Roger won’t open with MMRR. They would just have to have that small area paved and everything else could be walled off.
I wouldn't say confident but rather making an assumption based on the announcement. If Roger was going to reopen alongside the MMRR opening rather than with the rest of the land later in spring you'd think they'd highlight that. I mean I suppose they could announce it later, but given the fact they specifically called out the rest of TT reopening in spring indicates to me that Roger is less likely to reopen on January 27th.

And if we're being honest Roger isn't a headliner needing to be open for the 100th kickoff, whereas MMRR is. Now obviously I could be wrong, so we'll just have to wait and see.

mickEblu

I wouldn't say confident but rather making an assumption based on the announcement. If Roger was going to reopen alongside the MMRR opening rather than with the rest of the land later in spring you'd think they'd highlight that. I mean I suppose they could announce it later, but given the fact they specifically called out the rest of TT reopening in spring indicates to me that Roger is less likely to reopen on January 27th.

And if we're being honest Roger isn't a headliner needing to be open for the 100th kickoff, whereas MMRR is. Now obviously I could be wrong, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I can definitely see it being closed too and if I had to bet I’d say it wouldn’t open with MMRR. Was just wondering because it seemed you were confident.

Just seems so easy based on its location to have it open with the land and provide that extra capacity.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can definitely see it being closed too and if I had to bet I’d say it wouldn’t open with MMRR. Was just wondering because it seemed you were confident.
If I'm confident about something I'll use words like "for sure" and "I know". :)

Just seems so easy based on its location to have it open with the land and provide that extra capacity.
No doubt it'll add capacity, but is it really capacity that is needed right when MMRR opens rather than when the rest of the land opens? I mean Roger has been down over 6 months and it hasn't really been felt, at least not in a measurable way.

So yeah I would say its a good bet that it reopens with the rest land rather than with MMRR on Jan 27th.

Last edited:

mickEblu

If I'm confident about something I'll use words like "for sure" and "I know". :)

No doubt it'll had capacity, but is it really capacity that is needed right when MMRR opens rather than when the rest of the land opens? I mean Roger has been down over 6 months and it hasn't really been felt, at least not in a measurable way.

So yeah I would say its a good bet that it reopens with the rest land rather than with MMRR on Jan 27th.

I’m 50/50 but lean more towards it not opening with the land. So 55/45 no.

I mean the whole land being down hasn’t really been felt IMO. Galaxies Edge really helped shoulder capacity when other attractions go down. It used to be felt more when attractions like POTC went down for example.

Disney Analyst

I’m 50/50 but lean more towards it not opening with the land. So 55/45 no.

I mean the whole land being down hasn’t really been felt IMO. Galaxies Edge really helped shoulder capacity when other attractions go down. It used to be felt more when attractions like POTC went down for example.

When looking at a lot of Disney Parks, Disneyland itself is just so well filled out, dense with things to do. The fact you can have ToonTown and Matterhorn both down right now, and it's barely noticed, is great.

Add in how easy it is to park hop over to DCA - there is just so much you can do, without feeling put out because a ride is down.

WDW wishes.

mickEblu

When looking at a lot of Disney Parks, Disneyland itself is just so well filled out, dense with things to do. The fact you can have ToonTown and Matterhorn both down right now, and it's barely noticed, is great.

Add in how easy it is to park hop over to DCA - there is just so much you can do, without feeling put out because a ride is down.

WDW wishes.

Agreed but in the past these major rides and lands being down were felt. I honestly don’t feel them at all now post GE but maybe the parks aren’t as busy and maybe my tolerance for crowds has gone up.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

WDW wishes.
The close proximity of everything in Anaheim can’t be emphasized enough. The massive size of WDW was a turnoff for me, personally. I didn’t like how spread out everything was.

mickEblu

With Splash going down and Indy in unrideable shape, definitely.

True I didn’t even consider that. In my mind Splash was here to stay and forgot about Indy being in disarray. When they fix Indy and when PatF is done it’ll probably be more like 8/9.

For now it’s probably more like 6/7 spot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m actually disappointed to see Indy is only closed for 3 days in November.

Would have been nice to just keep it closed through at least a few weeks they mid-December to try to work on fixing broken effects.
Is that actually confirmed only 3 days, or is that just an assumption based on the current ride calendar?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Will MMRR be a Top 10 attraction at Disneyland? I think at the very least it should be in the 8/9/10 spot.
Objectively, given its new it'll be up there for awhile in my opinion, maybe middle like 5/6. Longer term after the newness wears off, who knows. I guess it also depends on the criteria you're using. But that gets into a whole longer conversation.

mickEblu

Objectively, given its new it'll be up there for awhile in my opinion, maybe middle like 5/6. Longer term after the newness wears off, who knows. I guess it also depends on the criteria you're using. But that gets into a whole longer conversation.

I just meant Top 10 overall in terms of quality. Not popularity or attendance.

Last edited:

waltography

Logistically I don't expect Roger Rabbit to open with MMRR; Toontown is going to be a pretty weird bottleneck for the next few months, so I'd imagine they won't even let you past the Toontown tunnel without a VQ for MMRR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom