Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

yensidtlaw1969

(Waves) Hi! That's me! I have a name and everything!

It was a joke, based on the fact that we quite literally had/have someone from the WDW side of the boards who has never been to Disneyland but came over here more than two years ago and spammed (and continues to spam) countless threads with his own Splash Mountain conspiracy theories and presumptions about the park at every opportunity. Said person is, arguably, A Little Too Into Splash Mountain.

Meanwhile, as stated above, people posted nonstop about Toontown this or Donald's Boat that in multiple threads. To me it got frequent, tiresome, and vaguely reminiscent of the small handful of people who were A Little Too Into Splash Mountain. I made my post.

You, lacking context, didn't get the joke. You clutched your pearls (your words first, remember), jumped to conclusions, and decided to make this a crusade while acting like I'm the one with the problem. And in the name of what? For whom? I can't begin to say.
Seems like saying "I was making a joke about ______ poster" might have been a real easy first response to my post that could have cleared things up. I know the poster you're referencing and I fully agree their Splash Mountain posts are excessive.

There are a lot of things people get extra about on these boards, but I haven't seen anywhere near that dedication/obsession with Donald's boat, in here or in the many threads I read on this board (nor did many posts about it come up in my search when you claimed others were being tiresome, certainly nothing that registers as "nonstop" - But perhaps some of those posts have since been deleted, which would explain some of the confusion). That's why it didn't feel like a joke at a particular poster's expense, but just an outlandish download of what seems to amount to a couple posts going "That's a shame, but anyway . . ."

So the "joke" didn't register because it just didn't at all seem to apply and had a little too little to do with the subject at hand. Might have helped us all to have just clarified rather than double down.

Californian Elitist

Based off the ride throughs, I’m anticipating that I’ll like it (not love it) and think that it has more potential. With that said, I’m looking forward to experiencing it in person and it’ll be cool to have another E ticket at DL in Toontown of all places.
It doesn’t seem like an E to me. I’d have to ride it first, but based on what I’ve heard about the ride, it seems like a solid D.

Even if it isn’t an E, it’s still a win for the park.

mickEblu

It doesn’t seem like an E to me. I’d have to ride it first, but based on what I’ve heard about the ride, it seems like a solid D.

Even if it isn’t an E, it’s still a win for the park.

Just off scale alone I’d lean E but we all know how subjective DL ride/ ticket classification is. Then again, how much bigger is MMRR than say Monsters Inc? 1/3 bigger? I’d never consider that ride an E.

Professortango1

No, it’s you.

That post stems from the surprised feeling about how others (more than two people, BTW, one of them having never even visited DL) have been expressing their disapproval about the interactivity component being removed from Donald’s Boat. I’m genuinely surprised, too, hence why I asked if folks were actually participating in climbing into the Boat and playing with everything inside. Given the very “kiddie-ness” of climbing onto a jungle gym or into a kiddie play area, which is essentially what Donald’s Boat, Goofy’s House, and Chip and Dale’s Treehouse are, or were, I think it’s perfectly fair to be a bit puzzled as to why grown adults are so upset about this being removed, unless they were actually playing in them. And this topic has come up many times over the past couple of weeks, both here and on social media platforms.

It’s almost like you’re offended, which is weird, coming from you.🤔

EDIT: I just remembered, even Josh D'Amaro mentioned that he knew people were upset about Donald's Boat, or something to that extent at D23.
Its not about being in love with Donald's Boat, its just recognizing a downgrade when you see one. A mediocre interactive play area themed to Donald's house with actual water features turning into a empty building that people can't go inside of and a local park splash pad is a downgrade. Being upset that Disney is spending tons of money reinvigorating a space only to find out we are getting cleaned up downgrades is...disappointing.

And as a kid, I did go onto Donald's boat. I liked to be high up, so I'd go there and look out over the land. I also don't visit TSI anymore, but when I was a little kid I enjoyed exploring with my friends and I'd be saddened if they downgraded that even further with the caves being replaced by splash pads and things to spin.

Declining by degrees. Its little downgrades that seem minor, but add up to making the park less than it was before.

Professortango1

Just off scale alone I’d lean E but we all know how subjective DL ride/ ticket classification is. Then again, how much bigger is MMRR than say Monsters Inc? 1/3 bigger? I’d never consider that ride an E.
Remember that Midway Mania is a D ticket, so I think calling MMRR a D is fair. Its a step above a Fantasyland Darkride in scale and tech, but not quite up to a HM or IJA.

Nland316

Anyone excited for MMRR coming this February/ March?
I totally am.

This ride is nothing but a net gain since we lost zero attractions for it, unlike WDW. Looks super fun!

More than anything, I’m excited to finally see one of the most neglected areas of the park finally looking fresh and up to standard. That alone should excite any one of us. When it opens I think people will start to realize just how needed this refurb was.

Californian Elitist

Its not about being in love with Donald's Boat, its just recognizing a downgrade when you see one. A mediocre interactive play area themed to Donald's house with actual water features turning into a empty building that people can't go inside of and a local park splash pad is a downgrade. Being upset that Disney is spending tons of money reinvigorating a space only to find out we are getting cleaned up downgrades is...disappointing.

And as a kid, I did go onto Donald's boat. I liked to be high up, so I'd go there and look out over the land. I also don't visit TSI anymore, but when I was a little kid I enjoyed exploring with my friends and I'd be saddened if they downgraded that even further with the caves being replaced by splash pads and things to spin.

Declining by degrees. Its little downgrades that seem minor, but add up to making the park less than it was before.
Yeah, I also climbed onto Donald's Boat when I was five. As a 30-year-old, at this point, I don't care too much.

I understand that it's a downgrade. However, considering many of the other bigger downgrades that have happened over the past 5+ years, the loss of interactivity in Donald's Boat is not something I feel strongly towards. When all is said and done, these things, the bougie jungle gyms, splash pads, etc. in Toontown are designed for small children to pass some time in. Again, as an adult, I don't feel bad about something that I haven't played in since the 1900s is being altered. If this were something like Autopia, I would feel differently. I highly doubt my five-year-old self would have cared about not being able to turn the wheel anymore back in 1997, but who knows? I'm still genuinely curious if any of the other adults here played in Donald's Boat during their visits before it closed.

The park hasn't been the same since it opened nearly 70 years ago. The decline has been steady. Toontown was already in poor shape before they closed it for renovation. Peeling paint literally everywhere, a stationary trolley, dated play areas (honestly, all of Toontown was like an early to mid 90s time capsule), an hour wait for a 30-second kiddie coaster, and nothing worth eating or buying. The only saving graces were Roger and maybe Mickey and Minnie's homes. As of right now, I have no complaints about this project. We're getting a third ride without another being taken away, hopefully a better selection of quick service, and new paint. I am concerned about the new aesthetics, but I will wait to see it with my own two eyes before I pass judgement. Of all the seemingly bad things going on between DL and DCA, this is the least offensive to me. I understand that some may feel differently. You and others have rights to your feelings.

DLR92

Yeah, I also climbed onto Donald's Boat when I was five. As a 30-year-old, at this point, I don't care too much.

I understand that it's a downgrade. However, considering many of the other bigger downgrades that have happened over the past 5+ years, the loss of interactivity in Donald's Boat is not something I feel strongly towards. When all is said and done, these things, the bougie jungle gyms, splash pads, etc. in Toontown are designed for small children to pass some time in. Again, as an adult, I don't feel bad about something that I haven't played in since the 1900s is being altered. If this were something like Autopia, I would feel differently. I highly doubt my five-year-old self would have cared about not being able to turn the wheel anymore back in 1997, but who knows? I'm still genuinely curious if any of the other adults here played in Donald's Boat during their visits before it closed.

The park hasn't been the same since it opened nearly 70 years ago. The decline has been steady. Toontown was already in poor shape before they closed it for renovation. Peeling paint literally everywhere, a stationary trolley, dated play areas (honestly, all of Toontown was like an early to mid 90s time capsule), an hour wait for a 30-second kiddie coaster, and nothing worth eating or buying. The only saving graces were Roger and maybe Mickey and Minnie's homes. As of right now, I have no complaints about this project. We're getting a third ride without another being taken away, hopefully a better selection of quick service, and new paint. I am concerned about the new aesthetics, but I will wait to see it with my own two eyes before I pass judgement. Of all the seemingly bad things going on between DL and DCA, this is the least offensive to me. I understand that some may feel differently. You and others have rights to your feelings.
I’m just sad to see a water feature around Donald Boat gone. But I feel the overall changes are for the best for Toowntown revival too.

mickEblu

Remember that Midway Mania is a D ticket, so I think calling MMRR a D is fair. Its a step above a Fantasyland Darkride in scale and tech, but not quite up to a HM or IJA.

Well, I’d say there’s different levels of E tickets before I call MMRR a D ticket. You re comparing it to a shooter ride that has no AAs, figures and all the set pieces are cardboard cutouts?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
MMRR definitely hits the standard of family E in my mind. It's big, nice length, lots of fun and surprising effects and scenes, makes excellent use of the trackless system. At DHS it stands out in the lineup as a star, but at DL it will be a solid addition to the strongest park on the planet.

Professortango1

Well, I’d say there’s different levels of E tickets before I call MMRR a D ticket. You re comparing it to a shooter ride that has no AAs, figures and all the set pieces are cardboard cutouts?
A fun shooter with spinning cars that features tech and is popular, but not quite the level of a major E-ticket in terms of design or tech. MMRR is not a Pirates or a HM or an IJA or a ROTR. Its just not. Its cute and fun and certainly above the C Ticket FL darkrides in terms of scale and tech, but to say it is an E ticket is just setting up people for disappointment.

mickEblu

A fun shooter with spinning cars that features tech and is popular, but not quite the level of a major E-ticket in terms of design or tech. MMRR is not a Pirates or a HM or an IJA or a ROTR. Its just not. Its cute and fun and certainly above the C Ticket FL darkrides in terms of scale and tech, but to say it is an E ticket is just setting up people for disappointment.

Don’t get me wrong I like TSMM or at least I did before the screens got so dim.

MMRR is obviously no POTC or any of the other rides you mention but then you also have to be fair and say TSMM is no MMRR. So are POTC, RSR etc Mega Es or do we need to reevaluate what the new D ticket is in light of some of the more modern rides. Maybe TSMM is a C ticket.

I think it’s easiest to just call MMRR an E ticket even if it barley makes the cut. Just because rides are in the same ticket classification doesn’t mean they are all going to be the same quality.

Lastly is Indy in its current state even better then MMRR?

J4546

Yeah its an E for me as well even though its def not PotC, RISE, or Indy. But still an E. And still an amazing addition to what is already the best disney park (at least until fantasy springs opens)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom