Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Rich T

That sounds awesome. Lol. Why aren’t these on Netflix?
No idea! I'd love to see them again. BTW, the movie "The Box" is based on the same short story one of the show's best episodes came from. I haven't seen the film, but the brief TV episode creeped the heck out of me.

Little Green Men

In contrast, WDW is almost the size of San Francisco, yet they have only 1 full theme park and 3 half day parks. The worst part about it is that the resort is poorly designed. You would think that all the parks would be walking distance from each other since they own the land, but we all know that is not the case. They are all spread out so transportation is needed. Most of the land is undeveloped or hotels. Classic attractions have been gutted, such as Snow White Scary Adventures and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, even though the resort is MASSIVE.
Epcot is in no way a half day park. It requires atleast a full day to do everything. If you just want rides you might be able to do it all in 1 day but even that's pushing it. DAK is just about a full day park as well now.

mickEblu

God I hope it isn't safe. It's such a waste of space to me and something you'd find as a Times Square or Mall attraction. *cough disneyquest cough*

Hahah. I’ve never done Disneyquest. I really like the lobby for the loop of classic animation/ songs. With that said, I think they could add some seating and do something more interesting with middle of the room to make it feel less like a generic lobby. Anyway, I hardly ever walk in there. So I suppose I would get more use out of that space if it was repurposed. The Mickey ride could have felt pretty organic there but it looks like that’s going to Toontown. For some reason I like the whole being dragged into the cartoon world from the real world concept more than the Toontown approach where your already in Toontown. I wonder how the DHS and DL version will differ in this way l, if at all.

D

Deleted member 107043

In contrast, WDW is almost the size of San Francisco, yet they have only 1 full theme park and 3 half day parks. The worst part about it is that the resort is poorly designed. You would think that all the parks would be walking distance from each other since they own the land, but we all know that is not the case. They are all spread out so transportation is needed. Most of the land is undeveloped or hotels. Classic attractions have been gutted, such as Snow White Scary Adventures and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, even though the resort is MASSIVE.

I guess that's one way to look at it, but when I see the amount of investment being spent at the other resorts compared to Disneyland it says a lot to me about where Disney sees its future theme park growth potential. And I'm talking not just physical expansion, but revenue as well.

dweezil78

No idea! I'd love to see them again. BTW, the movie "The Box" is based on the same short story one of the show's best episodes came from. I haven't seen the film, but the brief TV episode creeped the heck out of me.

Do yourself a favor and never see the movie. It's a great short story for a Twilight Zone episode... not so much a full movie, or at least not in the way Richard Kelly developed it.

Ismael Flores

Same here. I’ll just miss the pleasant shady theming. I also love ITTBABS queue / theatre and think it’s a great show. With that said I’ve only seen it twice and see how it could be considered a huge waste of space when considering that DLRs visitors are mostly APs. 3D shows in general are outdated now for theme parks.

IT would be great if they could save the bugslufe theater queue and showroom. I wonder if it would be possible to just increase the size of the bugslife theater to add more space for a really cool Ant man and wasp attraction. The interior rockwork on ceiling as well as the queue would fit the theming.

Maybe then the queue could actually fill up for once.

Of course the best use of land would be to cut that whole area out and make a large showroom that’s uses both the bugslife theater area and queue area.
The showroom exterior facing buena vista would be themed to match that area and the side facing grizzley mountain could be themed to look like a continuation of buena vista street and the winery.

mickEblu

This is just speculation, but if the ride goes in Mickey's house, then perhaps it could be set in the movie barn.

That’s an idea. So you mean instead of being sucked into a cartoon, we re just stumbling onto a movie set (since we re supposedly already in a toon world)? That works. Still like the DHS Approach more though. The thought of going to the movies and being sucked into the theatre screen and into a cartoon sounds like more of an adventure. The set up at least.

Last edited:

mharrington

That’s an idea. So you mean instead of being sucked into a cartoon, we re just stumbling onto a movie set (since we re supposedly already in a toon world)? That works. Still like the DHS Approach more though. The thought of going to the movies and being sucked into the theatre screen and into a cartoon sounds like more of an adventure. The set up at least.

Well, it's really not all that different with, say, Star Tours. One old article from this fansite called Studio Central expressed such, albeit in a negative light, as they thought that Star Tours doesn't work as well at the Studios as at a castle park:

Setting Star Tours on a soundstage [...] is an enormous cop-out. I thought so the first time I went as a kid – I didn’t know what they were going for, with C-3PO's coffee break area and bulletin board off to the side. Are we going to Endor, or are we watching people make a movie about people going to Endor? Introducing the "working set" idea creates a whole extra layer of stuff to get between the guest and the experience.

mickEblu

Well, it's really not all that different with, say, Star Tours. One old article from this fansite called Studio Central expressed such, albeit in a negative light, as they thought that Star Tours doesn't work as well at the Studios as at a castle park:

Setting Star Tours on a soundstage [...] is an enormous cop-out. I thought so the first time I went as a kid – I didn’t know what they were going for, with C-3PO's coffee break area and bulletin board off to the side. Are we going to Endor, or are we watching people make a movie about people going to Endor? Introducing the "working set" idea creates a whole extra layer of stuff to get between the guest and the experience.

That’s a good comparison and I would say I like the DL set up for Star Tours more. I don’t like the whole behind the scenes thing.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Epcot is in no way a half day park. It requires atleast a full day to do everything. If you just want rides you might be able to do it all in 1 day but even that's pushing it. DAK is just about a full day park as well now.

Epcot is the only full day park at WDW. Well, maybe DAK now that they've added Pandora, but it was barely a half day park before that. When we visited in the summer, we finished each park in about 4-5 hours easily. We had a great time, but we realized that allotting 1 day per park with an extra day to park hop might have been too much as we constantly found ourselves killing time waiting for the nighttime stuff to begin.

drizgirl

Epcot is the only full day park at WDW. Well, maybe DAK now that they've added Pandora, but it was barely a half day park before that. When we visited in the summer, we finished each park in about 4-5 hours easily. We had a great time, but we realized that allotting 1 day per park with an extra day to park hop might have been too much as we constantly found ourselves killing time waiting for the nighttime stuff to begin.
Are you saying MK isn't a full day park?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster

MK is my least favorite castle park on the planet but to say it's not a full day park is patently absurd. It has a ton of attractions and shows compared to the other three parks and one can easily fill a day there and still miss things. Especially during what is now normal crowding.

Californian Elitist

I’ve never been to WDW, but this seems off. Animal Kingdom is the only full day park? Are you excluding attractions we already have here?

EricsBiscuit

MK is my least favorite castle park on the planet but to say it's not a full day park is patently absurd. It has a ton of attractions and shows compared to the other three parks and one can easily fill a day there and still miss things. Especially during what is now normal crowding.
How can you say that? it's not a corporate soulless slop as many DLers suggest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom