Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I don't think bug's land will exist at all once this is done. ITTBAB is a waste of space. Even the movie previews they do there don't pull people in. 3D movies and DLR just don't get along. With Flik's Flyers moving to the Pier, there's no reason to preserve any of bug's land.

Despite having no worthwhile attractions besides the incomparable masterpiece that is Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, I will miss the pleasant, shady theming. bug's land did the shrink-you-down theme in a charming way.

Same here. I’ll just miss the pleasant shady theming. I also love ITTBABS queue / theatre and think it’s a great show. With that said I’ve only seen it twice and see how it could be considered a huge waste of space when considering that DLRs visitors are mostly APs. 3D shows in general are outdated now for theme parks.

Phroobar

I was trying to think of what I would save from a Bug's Land and all I could think of was Flick's Flyers. That is fun ride and would fit well in Pixar Pier. The Choo-Choo Train could be great as a dark ride for Pixar Pier. Maybe they will transplant the four leaf clover?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I was trying to think of what I would save from a Bug's Land and all I could think of was Flick's Flyers. That is fun ride and would fit well in Pixar Pier. The Choo-Choo Train could be great as a dark ride for Pixar Pier. Maybe they will transplant the four leaf clover?

I heard John Stamos has already purchased the four leaf clover for his backyard. ;)

mickEblu

I still think they should use the animation building for the Mickey ride. That seems like a big enough space for it and a space that actually would make a lot of sense, location-wise.

I don’t think that building is quite big enough. I would miss the lobby but I could live without it.

dweezil78

I don’t think that building is quite big enough. I would miss the lobby but I could live without it.

Check it out on Google Maps -- the animation building is actually bigger than both Mermaid and Monsters Inc show buildings. You could easily fit a decent sized dark ride in that thing!

mickEblu

Check it out on Google Maps -- the animation building is actually bigger than both Mermaid and Monsters Inc show buildings. You could easily fit a decent sized dark ride in that thing!

I would assume the same thing. But all I keep hearing about is how massive this Mickey showbuilding is.

Phroobar

Lol. I need to buy at least one item from that upcoming TOT auction.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...e-on-Tower-of-Terror-Artifacts-460838363.html
I want the dead body that was under the stairs.

tumblr_inline_n2onljoBWw1qc0er4.jpg

Rich T

In other news... Twilight Zone is coming back to CBS. Judging by Peele’s work in Get Out, I am excited.

http://www./2017/12/twilight-zone-reboot-jordan-peele-officially-announced-cbs-access/
I actually liked the 80's reboot (the series, NOT the movie) a lot, right down to the Grateful Dead's take on the theme. I hope this new one is at *least* that good.

Now I'm remembering that period when spooky anthologies were all over TV during that one season. The best was the Hitchcock Presents reboot, then Twilight Zone, then Spielberg's bland Amazing Stories bringing up the rear.

mickEblu

I actually liked the 80's reboot (the series, NOT the movie) a lot, right down to the Grateful Dead's take on the theme. I hope this new one is at *least* that good.

Now I'm remembering that period when spooky anthologies were all over TV during that one season. The best was the Hitchcock Presents reboot, then Twilight Zone, then Spielberg's bland Amazing Stories bringing up the rear.

80s reboot? How did I not know about this? I will be looking this up tonight. Ahhhh the 80s. What a glorious time.

Phroobar

80s reboot? How did I not know about this? I will be looking this up tonight. Ahhhh the 80s. What a glorious time.
There was also the 2002 reboot with Forest Whitaker as host. I loved the Twilight Zone but some of my more guilty pleasures where Tales from the Dark Side and Monsters in the '80s. I believe there was a reboot of the Outer Limits too. Both the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits influenced Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek.

Antaundra

This is going way off topic but all of you fans of the Twilight Zone should watch Black Mirror. It Has the same blend of horror, suspense, sci-fi, social commentary that the original Twilight Zone had.

Hattieboxghost110

Or maybe they just don't have enough land to execute with as much freedom and finesse as they have in Florida, Asia, and Europe. DLR is the smallest property that Disney controls, and is completely surrounded by urban development. Also DLR is the most mature resort. so compared to Asia there isn't nearly as much potential for expanding their audience.

I've always felt that DL was the resort that had the "blessing of size." What I mean is that because space is limited and resort is landlocked, Disney has had to make the best possible use of every inch of space, creating 2 theme parks absolutely packed with attractions and rides. The parks are right next to each other giving it the perfect "bubble" that is walkable.

In contrast, WDW is almost the size of San Francisco, yet they have only 1 full theme park and 3 half day parks. The worst part about it is that the resort is poorly designed. You would think that all the parks would be walking distance from each other since they own the land, but we all know that is not the case. They are all spread out so transportation is needed. Most of the land is undeveloped or hotels. Classic attractions have been gutted, such as Snow White Scary Adventures and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, even though the resort is MASSIVE.

At the end of the day, when I find myself getting angry at a decision Disney has made towards the DL resort, I put things in perspective. Other than Florida, there are really no other theme parks in America that even come close to Disneyland/DCA quality. Of course there are wonderful regional parks such as Dollywood, Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, etc. But these parks are amusements parks that specialize in roller coasters and common flat rides. I feel very fortunate to live in a state with so many world-class theme parks/amusement parks.

Rich T

There were some really effective, shock-ending episodes I've never forgotten. Harlan Ellison was initially the story editor, but apparently quit because the network wouldn't air a particular episode during the Christmas season. I think it was one where a a cartload of people were being sent to hell even though none of them deserved it... all because of bureaucratic laziness at the Holy Gates (It had a happy ending).

mickEblu

There were some really effective, shock-ending episodes I've never forgotten. Harlan Ellison was initially the story editor, but apparently quit because the network wouldn't air a particular episode during the Christmas season. I think it was one where a a cartload of people were being sent to hell even though none of them deserved it... all because of bureaucratic laziness at the Holy Gates (It had a happy ending).

That sounds awesome. Lol. Why aren’t these on Netflix?

Rich T

God I hope it isn't safe. It's such a waste of space to me and something you'd find as a Times Square or Mall attraction. *cough disneyquest cough*
Agreed. It made more sense when Disney was still making hand-drawn features. I do enjoy the restful atmosphere, but unless they want to turn it into an animation history museum (I'd be all over that) or a this-is-how-cgi-works lab, its time is done. They can still have artists working at other locations, and Crush can find a home at Pixar Pier.

Can we replace the preschool stage show theater while we're at it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom