Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

I still think this needs to happen, It would definitely help with the congestion that occurs during parades. The pinch point near the teacups and matterhorn of people trying to reach IASW, tontown and theater (when its being used) is really bad. A new pathway connecting that back part of the park with frontierland would really help.
might be a bit difficult thru toontown because of the large backstage area between Galaxy edge and toontown that was left but how about this?

View attachment 498556

I like it. I’m all for losing the FL theatre for a dark ride as long they spare those mature trees. When people start talking about Losing storybookland in conjunction with the FL theatre is when i check out.

Disneylover152

I still think this needs to happen, It would definitely help with the congestion that occurs during parades. The pinch point near the teacups and matterhorn of people trying to reach IASW, tontown and theater (when its being used) is really bad. A new pathway connecting that back part of the park with frontierland would really help.
might be a bit difficult thru toontown because of the large backstage area between Galaxy edge and toontown that was left but how about this?

View attachment 498556

The WORST place in Disneyland for crowds in Disneyland is between the teacups and Storybookland. It's really awful, even on days when the park is a ghost town. I'm shocked Project Stardust removed unnecessary stuff like the Haunted Mansion planters, but left this chokepoint in. But I guess the only way to fix that is to remove the teacups.

BayouShack

The WORST place in Disneyland for crowds in Disneyland is between the teacups and Storybookland. It's really awful, even on days when the park is a ghost town. I'm shocked Project Stardust removed unnecessary stuff like the Haunted Mansion planters, but left this chokepoint in. But I guess the only way to fix that is to remove the teacups.

That area is intolerable during parades. I say they leave the parade business to DCA, which can actually function during a parade. 🥰

It’s idiotic to run the parade in Disneyland when there is only one daytime parade in the entire resort. In recent years there’s been only one daytime parade, and they choose to perform it at the park worst equipped to handle it.

DanielBB8

They can leave that alone. They should remove Pixie Hollow that is right at Tomorrowland entrance and turn it into a parade and fireworks viewing area and add extra restrooms. Bring people further south.

Stevek

View attachment 498556
Seems like an ideal area, is space allows, for Arrendale and a version of the Epcot Frozen Attraction...or perhaps BATB though again, not sure there is enough space for that attraction there. Either would be very popular though I think Frozen would be the bigger hit.

mharrington

This is probably a dumb question, but is there a chance that Russi Taylor's dialogue in the ride as Minnie will be redubbed by Robrock or whoever in this new Disneyland version? I'm only asking because by 2023, it will have been four years since Taylor passed away. Maybe Robrock could redub the voice as a nod to this new series coming up (provided it's still going on by then).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is probably a dumb question, but is there a chance that Russi Taylor's dialogue in the ride as Minnie will be redubbed by Robrock or whoever in this new Disneyland version? I'm only asking because by 2023, it will have been four years since Taylor passed away. Maybe Robrock could redub the voice as a nod to this new series coming up (provided it's still going on by then).
My guess is no, they just reuse the same audio from the DHS version. The only reason they’d have to record anything different is if there are completely new scenes than the DHS version. But since this is suppose to be a clone with only slight changes and improvements I wouldn’t expect new scenes. But we’ll find out as more information comes out.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

View attachment 498556
Are you suggesting they build another tunnel under the berm where your brown path is?

Ismael Flores

Seems like an ideal area, is space allows, for Arrendale and a version of the Epcot Frozen Attraction...or perhaps BATB though again, not sure there is enough space for that attraction there. Either would be very popular though I think Frozen would be the bigger hit.

i did a quick mock up of what can be done with that space ill post it when i get a chance. Its just a rough piece. The theater area can become the village town for a Beauty and the best area, plenty of green foliage would work great with the Berm behind it.

Then similar style to what they did with IASW they can set up an entrance and part queue for an attraction. The show building from the ride in Tokyo seems to fit in the area that people say is Galaxy edge expansion and maybe a small section eating into the western corner where chip and dale is without affecting Mickey and Minnie house. The show building wall would service as a new backdrop for toontown on the wets side.
The service road that cuts thru that area can be diverted so it turns west and then north and placed closer to Galaxy edge. This would put the road between the new show building and Galaxy edge with plenty of room still for a future cantina expansion for Galaxy edge.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
i did a quick mock up of what can be done with that space ill post it when i get a chance. Its just a rough piece. The theater area can become the village town for a Beauty and the best area, plenty of green foliage would work great with the Berm behind it.

Then similar style to what they did with IASW they can set up an entrance and part queue for an attraction. The show building from the ride in Tokyo seems to fit in the area that people say is Galaxy edge expansion and maybe a small section eating into the western corner where chip and dale is without affecting Mickey and Minnie house. The show building wall would service as a new backdrop for toontown on the wets side.
The service road that cuts thru that area can be diverted so it turns west and then north and placed closer to Galaxy edge. This would put the road between the new show building and Galaxy edge with plenty of room still for a future cantina expansion for Galaxy edge.
Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Nland316

I think an eventual goal for the DLR would be to use the TDA office space for park expansion. You could build off of the Galaxy’s Edge expansion plot and use it to create a segway into the remaining backstage areas, backside of small world and ToonTown, fireworks launch zone, and the TDA office space. Would be smart for the long term to think in that scope, similar to ROA being modified for GE.

Ismael Flores

Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

sorry had a busy day but here is the quick cut and paste i did, the buildings are to size inclduing the small buildings that i got from the WD beauty Beast beast area. Obviously the shape of the land is different then WDW so any construction could easily be modified so that things look a bit more in place.

The show building is from the new Tokyo land and would be treated similar to how IASW is built with a passage way under the berm and the queue building in front of the train tracks. the other small buildings i just cut and pasted with some adjustments and placed them around the fountain. what i believe is the storytime building was placed on the south east side as you enter this new area.

I added a pathway that could be placed to connect to Galaxy edge. This pathway can be cut into the dirt berm they added and would be heavily planted nearest this land and transition to the more dessert look as it joins the Galaxy edge fantasyland entrance path.

The fork that is created by the service road and pathway would use swinging gates to close the pathway when needed. not unusual and has been used in other parts of the resort.

The show building for the new ride would butt up against the Mickey meet and greet building and can also butt right up to the rescue rangers mini coaster and themed to create a backdrop for toontown. This might be an especially good thing because it would block some of the sun that fades many of those facades during the hot mid day hours.
Beauty beast.jpg

The only problem is that there is a service road that goes between the two (galaxy's edge and toon town). Not sure how heavily used it is during park operation though.

i really do not think that would be much of a problem if they used swinging gates. The lower portion of the service road (area right pass the new path i added) the south end of the theater narrows and is where the large metal tube tunnel is. The main portion of the road can be redirected and not be a problem.

truecoat

sorry had a busy day but here is the quick cut and paste i did, the buildings are to size inclduing the small buildings that i got from the WD beauty Beast beast area. Obviously the shape of the land is different then WDW so any construction could easily be modified so that things look a bit more in place.

The show building is from the new Tokyo land and would be treated similar to how IASW is built with a passage way under the berm and the queue building in front of the train tracks. the other small buildings i just cut and pasted with some adjustments and placed them around the fountain. what i believe is the storytime building was placed on the south east side as you enter this new area.

I added a pathway that could be placed to connect to Galaxy edge. This pathway can be cut into the dirt berm they added and would be heavily planted nearest this land and transition to the more dessert look as it joins the Galaxy edge fantasyland entrance path.

The fork that is created by the service road and pathway would use swinging gates to close the pathway when needed. not unusual and has been used in other parts of the resort.

The show building for the new ride would butt up against the Mickey meet and greet building and can also butt right up to the rescue rangers mini coaster and themed to create a backdrop for toontown. This might be an especially good thing because it would block some of the sun that fades many of those facades during the hot mid day hours.View attachment 499530

i really do not think that would be much of a problem if they used swinging gates. The lower portion of the service road (area right pass the new path i added) the south end of the theater narrows and is where the large metal tube tunnel is. The main portion of the road can be redirected and not be a problem.

britain

The show building for the new ride would butt up against the Mickey meet and greet building and can also butt right up to the rescue rangers mini coaster and themed to create a backdrop for toontown. This might be an especially good thing because it would block some of the sun that fades many of those facades during the hot mid day hours.View attachment 499530

I'm just glad your plan spares Storybook Land. I was sure that would need to be axed in order to make room for any expansion here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom