Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

cmwade77

They’re not trying to be fair. Nor are they being unfair. There’s no fairness here. It’s not a game. It’s not a sport. It’s two businesses.

Whether MMRR comes to Disneyland or not has no impact on WDW. The fact that anyone would want Disneyland to be worse off so that WDW is not as comparatively bad is ridiculous. That benefits nobody. The use of “we” and “our” in reference to the parks, in general, is kind of odd.
Personally, I just want all of the ride duplications to stop and go back to giving each resort their own unique attractions instead and add some more that are not based on IPs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Personally, I just want all of the ride duplications to stop and go back to giving each resort their own unique attractions instead and add some more that are not based on IPs.

1581872353503.png

;)

I like the duplicates. I don't want to travel around the world for just the small handful of rides that aren't in the DL near me. If I'm traveling the world, it's not to see DLs.

mickEblu

Right, but what’s given him credibility? I don’t keep up with rumors enough to know. The only thing I know is he pretended to know people at WDS and was embarrassingly wrong in his “inside” info on Frozen 2. I’m just trying to understand if he has a track record on getting anything right.

I don’t remember off the top of my head but I believe he has provided good insight and been right with a few rumors over the past year or so. At the very least I want to say he has provided some context and more detail for rumors we have heard. But again, I can’t point to one example and say “he called that.” I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

mharrington

One reason why I'm concerned about the construction of the Mickey ride is that I am hoping that this will at least appease, if not shut up entirely, any complaints about how much of Toontown's old luster was lost due to safety issues. Now I'm sure this will give them more license to complain about it.

Maybe I will send a private message to @marni1971 to see if he can shed some light.

UPDATE: I just asked @marni1971 about this. I hope he responds soon.

Last edited:

socalifornian

Is this coming from the @WDW Pro post? People are still listening to that guy? He adamantly argued against me that he "knew" from "insiders" that Disney was not happy with Frozen 2's performance (which I knew for a fact was far from the truth) and it would be a miracle if it could break $1B. He went on to say something along the lines of Disney was internally projecting it to be just above Coco's box office numbers.

Fast forward to today and Frozen is at $1.43B and the highest grossing animated film in history. 😂

What makes this dude credible at all? He probably does know something about the parks, but he's clearly faking it that he's in the know when it comes to the entertainment biz. Sounds like he's just some bored mid-level manager in Celebration.
That’s interesting. Hollywood projected that it would open with over a 100 million and top the long Thanksgiving weekend. It did both

>>The sequel to the hit “Frozen” is projected to earn over $100 million when it launches on Nov. 22, according to early tracking. Though “Frozen II” is expected to gobble up the competition during the Thanksgiving frame, it will have to contend with new offerings, including Sony’s Mister Rogers film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” and STX’s drama “21 Bridges.”<<

Disney Analyst

That’s interesting. Hollywood projected that it would open with over a 100 million and top the long Thanksgiving weekend. It did both

>>The sequel to the hit “Frozen” is projected to earn over $100 million when it launches on Nov. 22, according to early tracking. Though “Frozen II” is expected to gobble up the competition during the Thanksgiving frame, it will have to contend with new offerings, including Sony’s Mister Rogers film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” and STX’s drama “21 Bridges.”<<

yep. WDWPro insisted the movie was failing and would never be big or as big as it was intended.

ThemeParkTraveller

Because they weren’t and he made it up based on his own opinions on the movie. He was challenged at the time and doubled down in his flawed logic.

I missed that thread, but that entire debacle was embarrassing to read. Those are some of the worst predictions/projections for the movie I've seen and shows a complete lack of box office knowledge. :facepalm:

DarkMetroid567

it was so bad and so off. Lost all integrity for me.

He seems to know a lot about the behind-the-scenes of Lucasfilm and Star Wars, claiming that Kathleen Kennedy is definitely gone and all that jazz when it's widely hoped online, but no one really knows yet. It's an often peddled rumor, but say he is in the know about Parks stuff; how would he know what's going on at Lucasfilm and how it precisely relates to Galaxy's Edge? It just seems he's biting off more than he can chew.

Mouse Trap

He seems to know a lot about the behind-the-scenes of Lucasfilm and Star Wars, claiming that Kathleen Kennedy is definitely gone and all that jazz when it's widely hoped online, but no one really knows yet. It's an often peddled rumor, but say he is in the know about Parks stuff; how would he know what's going on at Lucasfilm and how it precisely relates to Galaxy's Edge? It just seems he's biting off more than he can chew.

People have been saying “Kathy will be fired“ since TLJ. Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom