Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It’s all still Disney. The “unfair” is that you don’t have to lose anything for it while we lost a large scale dark ride with great potential if they only cared to actually give it the update it needed. A ride all about entering the greatest movies of all time in a park all about movies. I already made that clear.
I am playing the world's smallest Violin for you.

mharrington

You assumed it was cancelled, based on that post.

Let’s just leave it here.

If I confused you, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to make sense of what's going on and then try and read between the lines based on that.

Disney's FY begins Oct 1, so their Q3 is April 1 - June 30. July - Sept, while being the 3rd quarter of the calendar year, is Disney's Q4.

Again, I'm sorry for any confusion. My point is that, based on what I'm trying to figure out, if they do stop construction, we may not see any further construction until October at the absolute earliest.

No Name

They’re not trying to be fair. Nor are they being unfair. There’s no fairness here. It’s not a game. It’s not a sport. It’s two businesses.

Whether MMRR comes to Disneyland or not has no impact on WDW. The fact that anyone would want Disneyland to be worse off so that WDW is not as comparatively bad is ridiculous. That benefits nobody. The use of “we” and “our” in reference to the parks, in general, is kind of odd.

mharrington

They’re not trying to be fair. Nor are they being unfair. There’s no fairness here. It’s not a game. It’s not a sport. It’s two businesses.

Whether MMRR comes to Disneyland or not has no impact on WDW. The fact that anyone would want Disneyland to be worse off so that WDW is not as comparatively bad is ridiculous. That benefits nobody. The use of “we” and “our” in reference to the parks, in general, is kind of odd.

Also, I personally think that the Mickey ride fits better in Toontown than at the Studios. These 2010s cartoons certainly have a Toontown-like vibe at times.

Mouse Trap

According to the rumor:

Current response plan by TDA is to have MMRR site contractors wrap up current work and then put the site into deep freeze until it can (hopefully) be restarted later this year. The opening for MMRR will be delayed because of that, assuming it restarts work by the end of this fiscal year.

The rumor is that if it were to resume construction, it will not likely be until the start of the new fiscal year in October, if we're lucky. My concern is that it could be quietly canceled.

Is this coming from the @WDW Pro post? People are still listening to that guy? He adamantly argued against me that he "knew" from "insiders" that Disney was not happy with Frozen 2's performance (which I knew for a fact was far from the truth) and it would be a miracle if it could break $1B. He went on to say something along the lines of Disney was internally projecting it to be just above Coco's box office numbers.

Fast forward to today and Frozen is at $1.43B and the highest grossing animated film in history. 😂

What makes this dude credible at all? He probably does know something about the parks, but he's clearly faking it that he's in the know when it comes to the entertainment biz. Sounds like he's just some bored mid-level manager in Celebration.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Is this coming from the @WDW Pro post? People are still listening to that guy? He adamantly argued against me that he "knew" from "insiders" that Disney was not happy with Frozen 2's performance (which I knew for a fact was far from the truth) and it would be a miracle if it could break $1B. He went on to say something along the lines of Disney was internally projecting it to be just above Coco's box office numbers.

Fast forward to today and Frozen is at $1.43B and the highest grossing animated film in history. 😂

What makes this dude credible at all? He probably does know something about the parks, but he's clearly faking it that he's in the know when it comes to the entertainment biz. Sounds like he's just some bored mid-level manager in Celebration.

Well he’s talking about the parks so...

Mike S

I am playing the world's smallest Violin for you.
Aren’t you the guy that kept complaining in all caps about not being able to go up the ramp on the Millennium Falcon?

I’m completely calm. Just putting a thought out there.

Never said I’m actively rooting for it or anything like that. I said it would be interesting.

Mike S

Never said I’m actively rooting for it or anything like that. I said it would be interesting.

NateD1226

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but marni said M&MRR was originally for DCA. Honestly, it would have been a way better fit in Hollywood Land and give that area way more popularity.

Wait, Disneyland's Runaway Railway was supposed to be in DCA? I assume it would be taking place of Mike and Sulley to the Rescue in Hollywood Land?
That was the original pitch. It’s not like Hollywood Land has a few empty sheds.

el_super

Site work is hardly the definition of “significant work”.

What? They spent the last two years leasing outside property, renovating buildings, moving teams, changing processes and training documentation, and rerouting electrical and utilities (while keeping most neighboring facilities open and running) and demolition. They've already spent millions just to get to the stage where the land was clear. This isn't just grading some empty field. They've also already progressed to the point where they are digging out a basement and laying new utilities.

lazyboy97o

What? They spent the last two years leasing outside property, renovating buildings, moving teams, changing processes and training documentation, and rerouting electrical and utilities (while keeping most neighboring facilities open and running) and demolition. They've already spent millions just to get to the stage where the land was clear. This isn't just grading some empty field. They've also already progressed to the point where they are digging out a basement and laying new utilities.
Yes, and a whole lot more going into building an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom