Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Curious Constance

I did say almost unfair. Also I don’t get the ridicule. Disneyland gets many actual additions meanwhile in WDW the more common practice is closures and rethemes of unique attractions whenever something new comes. In WDW we lost The Great Movie Ride to get Mickey. In Disneyland you’d only lose backstage areas to get Mickey. And we’re the ones with “the blessing of size.” The way we operate we’ll never have a park as packed as yours.

No idea. I was going off of what you were saying.
When you consider the massive size advantage DL’s Galaxy’s Edge has over WDW’s, I can actually start to see your point.

Californian Elitist

I never said it was canceled. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it could be canceled as an excuse to save more money. I have no idea how long the delay could last.

From what I've read, I'm going to assume that these delays (not just for the Mickey ride, but all of them, including the Avengers ride) could last for as long as the Chinese parks are closed, which could actually last for over a year and not the alleged two months. The reason I say that is because that's how long it could take for the coronavirus to be contained.

You assumed it was cancelled, based on that post.

Let’s just leave it here.

flutas

Per Anaheim City permits. Inspectors have been out to the building site as recently as today. Why would they need to inspect a project on hold or canceled. Also I was at Disneyland last week and definitely saw action on the ground.

They wouldn't stop the same day, they would wrap up what is in progress and then put the site into a "holding" status.

Check back in a few weeks to see if this is true or not.

JadyD

They wouldn't stop the same day, they would wrap up what is in progress and then put the site into a "holding" status.

Check back in a few weeks to see if this is true or not.
Why would they not stop right away? Why procede with paying for construction on something that will just end up sitting to rot for who knows how long? When did they decide to put project on hiatus? I will be at Disneyland in a few weeks and will definitely check. Also will check city of Anaheim to see if further permits are requested

lazyboy97o

Why would they not stop right away? Why procede with paying for construction on something that will just end up sitting to rot for who knows how long? When did they decide to put project on hiatus? I will be at Disneyland in a few weeks and will definitely check. Also will check city of Anaheim to see if further permits are requested
Because you don’t want to just leave stuff to rot. You want to protect things and put stuff away.

oo_nrb

Some have said that it could be delayed until at least the third fiscal quarter (starting in July and ending in September) or even the start of the new fiscal year (which starts in October).

Disney's FY begins Oct 1, so their Q3 is April 1 - June 30. July - Sept, while being the 3rd quarter of the calendar year, is Disney's Q4.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So why continue to install things like electrical which would need to be protected? Also is there a source of where info came from on hiatus?

Somewhat reliable sources. Of course, Disney is known for not being able to make up its mind and changing things constantly and at the last minute.

lazyboy97o

So why continue to install things like electrical which would need to be protected? Also is there a source of where info came from on hiatus?
Everything pretty much has to be protected and in a lot of cases completed work can be easier to protect. You also don’t upset the sub who was already scheduled to do the work and don’t have to pay to store the materials you’ve bought.

Californian Elitist

Didn’t say they had to. Just said it would be interesting if it did end up happening and then we got to keep the ride unique.

I didn’t say you said that.

Your initial comment on the matter seemed to stem from jealousy. I also don’t understand how Disneyland getting the ride is unfair, seeing that the resorts are managed by different teams.

Mike S

I didn’t say you said that.

Your initial comment on the matter seemed to stem from jealousy. I also don’t understand how Disneyland getting the ride is unfair, seeing that the resorts are managed by different teams.
It’s all still Disney. The “unfair” is that you don’t have to lose anything for it while we lost a large scale dark ride with great potential if they only cared to actually give it the update it needed. A ride all about entering the greatest movies of all time in a park all about movies. I already made that clear.

mccgavin

It’s all still Disney. The “unfair” is that you don’t have to lose anything for it while we lost a large scale dark ride with great potential if they only cared to actually give it the update it needed. A ride all about entering the greatest movies of all time in a park all about movies. I already made that clear.
Personally I just hope for all of the Disney Parks to be the best they can. I consider Disneyland to be my home park, but you wouldn't find me cheering when things Snow White or UoE closed. I was empathetic for those who had fond memories of those rides. Just because management at WDW has made some baffling decisions doesn't mean it's a good idea to wish that upon other parks.

Mike S

Personally I just hope for all of the Disney Parks to be the best they can. I consider Disneyland to be my home park, but you wouldn't find me cheering when things Snow White or UoE closed. I was empathetic for those who had fond memories of those rides. Just because management at WDW has made some baffling decisions doesn't mean it's a good idea to wish that upon other parks.
Wasn’t wishing it. Only said it would certainly be interesting if the Asian closures actually did lead to its cancellation.

Californian Elitist

The parks are all Disney, but the management is different.

I’ll leave it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom