Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

britain

With Runaway Railway going where it is, I can’t see how the could expand in that space anymore. From Railway to Roger Rabbit to Small World, it’s a wall of show buildings.

Unless Roger leaves...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Right, but all this talk about using the Team Disney Building and the facilities adjacent to it is useless.
Well first I don't know if anyone is really serious, this is all just talk.
Second, lets say they do decide to get rid of TDA. They can always demo the west side of TT along with FL Theater and build a path to a new area behind TT where TDA and other facilities once stood. Or they could expand SW:GE back there with a path leading from the area where those two warehouse buildings next to TT currently sit.

There are always ways to do things....

socalifornian

Well first I don't know if anyone is really serious, this is all just talk.
Second, lets say they do decide to get rid of TDA. They can always demo the west side of TT along with FL Theater and build a path to a new area behind TT where TDA and other facilities once stood. Or they could expand SW:GE back there with a path leading from the area where those two warehouse buildings next to TT currently sit.

There are always ways to do things....
There’s a lot of land back there
8862D3C4-5EC0-4EAA-A6C2-9F9C94B0C147.jpeg

Old Mouseketeer

@Old Mouseketeer just had a heart attack.

Not at all. Because I know 90% or more of what is in those buildings and how new some of them are. I dont think more than 25% of that land can be made available for expansion.

Do you know people who work in any of those buildings? How many of those buildings have you actually been in or even looked into through open freight doors?

I'm willing to predict that the only building that will go by the end of the next decade will be the parade building at the lower left of this map. However, if Disney could buy the Majestic Garden site, that could shift. But realistically that's the only thing I can think of that would change things.

Sorry to disappoint, but no coronary here.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do you know people who work in any of those buildings? How many of those buildings have you actually been in or even looked into through open freight doors?
Just a tip, you don’t have to get so defensive and start talking about your extensive knowledge of the buildings or how you know people that work in them when the topic of backstage movement comes up. This is all just armchair Imagineering, a lot of what is said is done off-the-cuff what if type of stuff. It’s not serious. :)

We all know you have extensive insight into BOH and have friends that work there. But as Darkbeer indicated Disney’s goal for the next decade or so is to move as much BOH offsite as possible. And I for one believe him as it only makes the most business sense give how landlocked DLR is.

So let’s all leave friends and say Disney will always do what’s in the best interest of Disney. :)

Old Mouseketeer

Just a tip, you don’t have to get so defensive and start talking about your extensive knowledge of the buildings or how you know people that work in them when the topic of backstage movement comes up. This is all just armchair Imagineering, a lot of what is said is done off-the-cuff what if type of stuff. It’s not serious. :)

Dude--I said I wasn't having a coronary. I made a quantified prediction based on what I know and what I have been told. I notice that you didn't dispute any of the facts I relayed--you merely confronted what you perceived to be my tone. Yes, it's all armchair Imagineering, but we can still state our facts, as well as our opinions. I made a concrete prediction--no more than 10-20% of the buildings gone in the next decade. So what's your counter offer? Which of the remaining functions do you think can be moved?

socalifornian

We all know you have extensive insight into BOH and have friends that work there. But as Darkbeer indicated Disney’s goal for the next decade or so is to move as much BOH offsite as possible. And I for one believe him as it only makes the most business sense give how landlocked DLR is.

So let’s all leave friends and say Disney will always do what’s in the best interest of Disney. :)
Superstar Limo land confirmed!
B39CB882-2B0B-413E-BA82-7C54AE9C98C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Dude--I said I wasn't having a coronary. I made a quantified prediction based on what I know and what I have been told. I notice that you didn't dispute any of the facts I relayed--you merely confronted what you perceived to be my tone. Yes, it's all armchair Imagineering, but we can still state our facts, as well as our opinions. I made a concrete prediction--no more than 10-20% of the buildings gone in the next decade. So what's your counter offer? Which of the remaining functions do you think can be moved?
I’m not disputing your specific “facts” as I’m not in the position to do so. I have gut feelings based on what I see and what I read from multiple sources. For all I know they could remove everything BOH offsite, or they could remove nothing beyond what is announced for MMRR. I’ve already stated what my opinion is several times in this and other threads, including my recent post. Over the next decade or so they will remove as much BOH offsite as possible. Do I have specific percentage or specific buildings that I think will be moved, no.

With that said however it’s not going to stop me from armchair Imagineering and saying what if.

My point of the post is that a lot of times you come across as defensive when someone brings up removal of BOH buildings. And that there is no reason to be defensive. That’s all. We can all be friends here. :)

RescueTheDay

Not at all. Because I know 90% or more of what is in those buildings and how new some of them are. I dont think more than 25% of that land can be made available for expansion.

I'm willing to predict that the only building that will go by the end of the next decade will be the parade building at the lower left of this map. However, if Disney could buy the Majestic Garden site, that could shift. But realistically that's the only thing I can think of that would change things.

More buildings are being considered than you think.

britain

Again, unless you remove Roger Rabbit, there is a little point in removing more of those buildings back there.

Unless… You’re using that space for a Star Wars hotel.

BrianLo

I’m aware, was in agreement and was overtly making light of the ‘free acreage’. No need to tell me off, I’m on the same page. ;)

The backstage land grab has clearly reached its end. Apart from some potential if Pooh is eliminated and consolidation in the Western SW:GE pad.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The backstage land grab has clearly reached its end.
I dunno, I'm still not convinced its 100% over. I still expect some reshuffling and restacking of building backstage over the next decade. Our good friend Darkbeer indicated as much, Disney is looking for more offsite locations in order to move more BOH. Now what percentage and what specific buildings are going to move, that I don't know like I said before. But I do believe more is coming.

Old Mouseketeer

I’m aware, was in agreement and was overtly making light of the ‘free acreage’. No need to tell me off, I’m on the same page. ;)

The backstage land grab has clearly reached its end. Apart from some potential if Pooh is eliminated and consolidation in the Western SW:GE pad.

I'm so sorry. Only the first sentence was directed at you--I humorously said I wasn't having a heart attack (I thought you made a great joke). I was really responding to those who continue to claim that there is this vast amount of space to be gained by moving even more BOH functions off-property, of which I am doubtful. Sorry if I didn't properly express my appreciation of what I thought was a great shout-out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom