Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

SuddenStorm

David Koenig on Micechat is saying the entrance will be through the Gag Factory, but I agree with @TP2000 in thinking City Hall makes more sense for the entrance. Not only is there more dead space there, but it also puts it a little further away from Roger Rabbit, which seems like a good thing from a crowd perspective.

Jim Hill said on his podcast yesterday that Gag Factory is safe. I'd put David and Jim about equal in terms of "What they say is mostly true, but there's also a lot of dated/wrong information in their rumors". I'm more inclined to believe Gag Factory is safe.

Ismael Flores

It does make more sense to use the city hall as the entrance for this new addition. I see no reason for removing the only shop in the area. The front area of the city hall is dead space and they can always use the small area just east of it for extended queue (marked in yellow)
I am still curious as to how they will handle the backstage road. will it become part of the addition or will it be saved with just themed tunnel and hidden access gates on both sides for after park hours

Rich T

When did all those umbrellas go up? Wow...it's been a long time since I walked any farther into Toontown than the entry to Roger Rabbit.

Disney Analyst

It does make more sense to use the city hall as the entrance for this new addition. I see no reason for removing the only shop in the area. The front area of the city hall is dead space and they can always use the small area just east of it for extended queue (marked in yellow)
I am still curious as to how they will handle the backstage road. will it become part of the addition or will it be saved with just themed tunnel and hidden access gates on both sides for after park hoursView attachment 367115

I agree that city hall looks like the best spot. I guess it depends on how much they need to tear down for facade/queue space.

TP2000

Wow, tell us how you really feel, @TP2000!

Don't worry, I always do.

All of us here speaking our mind honestly, while still staying within relative boundaries of politeness and good taste, is what makes this little corner of this Discussion Forum a fun discussion. And the factual ride tally is simply the ride tally, in both 2019 and 2022. It's quite alarming when you think about it, especially for DHS and its half dozen rides to counter Star Wars Land.

It's like a rollicking good cocktail party, with lively, fun discussion. And a few deserved digs at the Darden Corporation and Disney execs. ;)

TP2000

I am still curious as to how they will handle the backstage road. will it become part of the addition or will it be saved with just themed tunnel and hidden access gates on both sides for after park hoursView attachment 367115

Thank you! That photo illustrates my point perfectly.

I have no doubt that much of Toontown will receive aesthetic changes and physical reconfiguration before Runaway Railway opens in 2022. But I think that central City Hall courtyard, with the gazebo out front, is the prime spot where this new ride will be accessed from.

I just can't imagine why they'd tear out the Five & Dime and Gag Factory shops to the right of that courtyard. If anything the new Runaway Railway ride can have its exit dump into that retail space.

But that City Hall facade and courtyard seems to be the perfect spot to create a new Toontown Movie Palace or some such facade to serve as the ride entrance. Or maybe they just keep it Toontown City Hall and the story becomes you have to go to City Hall to pay your property taxes and Goofy kidnaps you and takes you on a fun adventure while the tax man chases you?

Something tells me it will become the Toontown Movie Palace instead. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member

All of us here speaking our mind honestly, while still staying within relative boundaries of politeness and good taste, is what makes this little corner of this Discussion Forum a fun discussion. And the factual ride tally is simply the ride tally, in both 2019 and 2022. It's quite alarming when you think about it, especially for DHS and its half dozen rides to counter Star Wars Land.

It's like a rollicking good cocktail party, with lively, fun discussion. And a few deserved digs at the Darden Corporation and Disney execs. ;)
Speaking of cocktail parties, isn't it time for a new round of gabfest with the nice neighbor lady?

Animaniac93-98

I'm hoping the rest of Toontown will get a good refurbishment to go along with this new ride.

My guess is that this is the reason why it's been allowed to slide these past few years while the rest of Disneyland has had facade work done.

Disneylover152

I don't see them using the Gag Factory as an entrance unless they remove that small circle of buildings right in front of the store. It'll be way to congested for an entrance in that area especially with a ride this popular.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Has anyone ever thought they might use both Gag Factory and the City Hall and courtyard?

Gag Factory for main entrance and queue, with City Hall for FP and courtyard for wraparound extended queue. Or vice-versa.

Point is most of those are fake facades so they could pretty much tear out most of it.

Also the real reason why the Gag Factory is the likely main entrance is because of the fact the rest is all fake facades. So its the only area large enough to build a queue without completely tearing out half of TT. So its probably cheaper to use Gag Factory.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Just tired of sifting through the garbage off topic here to understand what’s going on and interesting speculation, I love DLR and the other resorts but the hangup that you and few others display is just a little childish , but then again where else would you post as I guess there isn’t any other DLR forums anywhere else ? It’s just like the no AC jokes that infect the gondola threads on the WDW side

No need for bad vibes. we can discuss this like adults. can't we Mr. Poopy Pants???

BrianLo

re: Gag Factory

@MisterPenguin produced a radius circle from the Fireworks launch pad many moons ago. I'd be curious to see how the Gag Factory jut out compares to the closest guest accessible section in SW:GE.

I am speculating they are trying to keep this attraction accessible during fireworks even if the majority of Toontown will be closed off.

Little Green Men

Apparently The Capital Grille is a Darden restaurant, but you might mean Landry’s?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
re: Gag Factory

@MisterPenguin produced a radius circle from the Fireworks launch pad many moons ago. I'd be curious to see how the Gag Factory jut out compares to the closest guest accessible section in SW:GE.

I am speculating they are trying to keep this attraction accessible during fireworks even if the majority of Toontown will be closed off.

The closest you can get to DL fireworks is 430 feet in Toon Town (red circle). The closest you can get in SWL is 630 feet (yellow).

For comparison, the closest you can get to MK fireworks is 800 feet.

mickEblu

Has anyone ever thought they might use both Gag Factory and the City Hall and courtyard?

Gag Factory for main entrance and queue, with City Hall for FP and courtyard for wraparound extended queue. Or vice-versa.

Point is most of those are fake facades so they could pretty much tear out most of it.

Also the real reason why the Gag Factory is the likely main entrance is because of the fact the rest is all fake facades. So its the only area large enough to build a queue without completely tearing out half of TT. So its probably cheaper to use Gag Factory.

And it also could be that Gag factory was the only thing worth mentioning. Like who cares about City Hall and those facades to nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom