Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Phroobar

Just tired of sifting through the garbage off topic here to understand what’s going on and interesting speculation, I love DLR and the other resorts but the hangup that you and few others display is just a little childish , but then again where else would you post as I guess there isn’t any other DLR forums anywhere else ? It’s just like the no AC jokes that infect the gondola threads on the WDW side
What does your post have to do with the topic? Let's complain about too many off topic posts by posting another off topic post. Whatever.

Anyway, I wonder if they are going to be keeping Mickey and Minnie's houses? Will they get truncated a little or will Mickey's house become the entrance queue? I hope they clean up Gadget's Go Coaster and get all the effects working again. I miss the fish bowl animation.

mlayton144

I have no inside information nor do I have the opportunity to visit enough to intelligently speculate , that’s why I come here in the first place to read about it (along with probably the majority of people who don’t post) maybe you could point me to other DLR forums ? Are there any that have more than 10 posts a day and don’t spend 20% of their time counting rides ? LOL

Californian Elitist

I have no inside information nor do I have the opportunity to visit enough to intelligently speculate , that’s why I come here in the first place to read about it (along with probably the majority of people who don’t post) maybe you could point me to other DLR forums ? Are there any that have more than 10 posts a day and don’t spend 20% of their time counting rides ? LOL

So you’re saying you can’t contribute because you don’t visit enough, so you’re relying on us to pass down information to you?

😑

mlayton144

So you’re saying you can’t contribute because you don’t visit enough, so you’re relying on us to pass down information to you?

😑

Exactly , what’s wrong with that? I love love love the talks about the history, the ambience of the original, and how the place has changed , the changes planned, debates about the differences between the rides across the world, the Pixar pier travesty, blue sky stuff like the eastern gateway , west cot, etc etc. I suppose I should take the good with the bad , apologies if I offended , I guess if I consume your good info and discussion I should equally deal with the other stuff that gets on my nerves

socalifornian

DLR is in the suburbs of the second largest city we’ve got. At most I could see park 3 and a water park fitting on current parking lots, so even a maxed out Anaheim resort isn’t ever going to compete with how grand wdw is. The higher ride count in CA just shows that less can be more. I’m really glad that’s the case too, since we also have the opposite being represented in Universal Studios Hollywood vs. UO

From David Koenig:
Entertainment has yet to start its move, according to one insider, “since the 500 building and 9073 are still a construction zone.” Once Entertainment is out, “N19 will be temporarily used for another purposed before it is demolished and rebuilt.”

Last edited:

Phroobar

Exactly , what’s wrong with that? I love love love the talks about the history, the ambience of the original, and how the place has changed , the changes planned, debates about the differences between the rides across the world, the Pixar pier travesty, blue sky stuff like the eastern gateway , west cot, etc etc. I suppose I should take the good with the bad , apologies if I offended , I guess if I consume your good info and discussion I should equally deal with the other stuff that gets on my nerves
Why do you complain about others being off topic when you haven't been on topic in this entire thread?

DanielBB8

DLR is in the suburbs of the second largest city we’ve got. At most I could see park 3 and a water park fitting on current parking lots, so even a maxed out Anaheim resort isn’t ever going to compete with how grand wdw is. The higher ride count in CA just shows that less can be more. I’m really glad that’s the case too, since we also have the opposite being represented in Universal Studios Hollywood vs. UO

From David Koenig:
Entertainment has yet to start its move, according to one insider, “since the 500 building and 9073 are still a construction zone.” Once Entertainment is out, “N19 will be temporarily used for another purposed before it is demolished and rebuilt.”
I wonder what the other purpose is before it can be demolished. Will it be Star Wars Land preparation and staging? That can take another year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not exactly. When a WDW-er comes on our forum presenting a chart that leaves out Attractions at the DLR and includes transportation vehicles as Attractions at WDW for the sole purpose of trying to prove that WDW has more rides (when in fact, it does not), and we correct that person, that isn’t “dismissive”. It’s fact. Nothing to do with romanticizing our Resort for being near Walt’s park. But as others have said, there is a different demographic at each Resort with different demands that contributed to the ride count. But the fact remains that the DLR has just as many, if not more rides than WDW even with all these new builds 😜

Now where exactly is MMRR going again?

That WDW chart-wielding fanatic already posted a detailed map of where your MMRR is going.

;)

mickEblu

You do that and you get way down into the weeds where you are having to count bizarre little things like the Blue Sky Cellar as an "attraction", and the various World Showcase pavilions that are a themed courtyard of gift shops and a restaurant or snack bar as an "attraction", like Italy, Germany, Japan, Morocco, the United Kingdom, etc.

It's the Germany Pavilion, it's an Attraction!
kjdhf101.jpg

And you start parsing things like the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch into two separate attractions, the train ride to get there (which counts as a ride on the DAK tally) and then the circa 1998 displays you stare at before you get back on the train to go back to the rest of the park.

It's Rafiki's Planet Watch, it's air conditioned, and it's an Attraction!
rafikis-planet-watch-disneys-animal-kingdom-10202018-13.jpg

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room is a theater show. But unlike the Carousel of Progress theater show it remains stationary, so it doesn't count as a ride.

Ah I see. I guess it does Open up Pandora’s box.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom