Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

bmr1591

Original Poster
Because it severely impacts all the other guests who don't shell out extra money for melted chocolate.

Does it though? Does it really? August and September crowds are already the lowest of the year. Having a night or two each week where you have to go to another park at night isn't a big ask. If you're only going down one day to experience Magic Kingdom, just go another day.

Or, hear me out ~ have fewer parties. *GASP*

They all sell out. I doubt this is even in the mind of anyone making decisions.

Touchdown

Even closer to the actual first day of summer, June 20.
Theme park Halloween at every other park kick off is week after Labor Day. I don’t begrudge Disney pushing it back a month, clearly there is a market for it. You won’t catch me ever in Orlando in August anyways.

Brian

I should start a MNSSHP 2025 thread now so we can get the complaints about the August 8, 2025 start date out of the way ahead of time. Earliest start date in the history of ever!
I have a feeling we'll all be here in 2038 complaining about how the first MNSSHP is before 4th of July that year. That and that we're out of metamucil and our no good son in law won't bring us anymore.

Touchdown

I have a feeling we'll all be here in 2038 complaining about how the first MNSSHP is before 4th of July that year. That and that we're out of metamucil and our no good son in law won't bring us anymore.
Actually imagine if they had a “Christmas in July” 2 week stretch where they put up the MSUSA decorations, turned on the Christmas Loop, and ran the parade at night and MWCT fireworks for 2 weeks. I wouldn’t make this an extra ticket event, but instead make a bunch of special merch and do it to goose sales in late July which is usually a dead time. They could then transition to Halloween at the end of the event (saving on costs as the holiday crew would already need to be there to put up Halloween) and the parade crew could transition to BTY seamlessly as well.

JMcMahonEsq

It is ridiculous.
What is ridiculous about scheduling an Halloween party event, you know trick or treating, costumes, something for KIDS, during a time when KIDS are out of school and its the most convenient time for families to take vacation to go to Florida to experience the event?

JohnD

I should start a MNSSHP 2025 thread now so we can get the complaints about the August 8, 2025 start date out of the way ahead of time. Earliest start date in the history of ever!
So apparently it's started the second Friday of August the last several years. That makes it August 9 this year and, yes, August 8 next year if the trend holds. The last time the second Friday of August was August 9 was 2019. Does anyone know the first date of MNSSHP then?

Regardless, it seems they have been consistent with the 2nd Friday of August the last several years. The change in date is due to when the 2nd Friday falls. You can stop hyperventilating now.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For those concerned about crowds, many posters, including myself, have noted that since the parties have returned in the post-COVID era, they have done a much better job at managing capacity. It was definitely getting out of hand before COVID, but since their return, "sold out" parties have felt far more manageable.

Caveat: I've never attended a party the week of Halloween, so can't speak to crowds on those nights.

tanc

So apparently it's started the second Friday of August the last several years. That makes it August 9 this year and, yes, August 8 next year if the trend holds. The last time the second Friday of August was August 9 was 2019. Does anyone know the first date of MNSSHP then?

Regardless, it seems they have been consistent with the 2nd Friday of August the last several years. The change in date is due to when the 2nd Friday falls. You can stop hyperventilating now.
I think it was the 14th or 15th iirc

JMcMahonEsq

Because it severely impacts all the other guests who don't shell out extra money for melted chocolate.
Leaving aside the BS that Disney shouldn't offer a product that is SO popular that it sells out every single night it is offered, AND leaving aside the inane argument that a kid focused product/event shouldn't be offered at the most convenient time of the year for kids to actually go to the event....

It certainly doesn't effect ALL other guests. It effects the limited number of guests who decided to go to 1 out of the 4 parks that happens to be closing a few hours early on a very limited number of days, notice of which was given to everyone...in May.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Did anyone else notice there are less candy locations this year than in the past?

Disney didn't list them all, just added "and more".

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 12.29.51 PM.png

JMcMahonEsq

I do think it starts way too early... but the alternative is them booking more nights in September/October to consolidate the event closer, reducing park hours for regular guests during those months even further.

HHN/Halloween is my favorite holiday, but anything before memorial weekend to me is just too much. Seeing pumpkins last year in Main Street mid-July is just jarring.

I think a fair solution is if Disney can figure out a way to increase capacity at the parties, while reducing the need for so many nights.
How does that really help? Now your having the parties during the time of year when all kids are back in School, which other than locals severely limits anyone's ability to get to a mid week party...unless your taking your kids out of school during the first or second month of the school year, which makes no sense given that you just had 10 weeks of time when the kids were out of school to take your vacations.

Also the parties themselves appear to sell out every night they are offered. How can a solution be to therefore DECREASE the number of offerings, limiting the number of families even further that can experience the event. And if people are complaining about the prices of the party now, further decrease the number of nights to make it an even rarer event, and you will be getting sell outs at $250-$300 a pop easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom