Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looks like my October trip is in jeopardy, the only reason Disney would cancel this is if they don’t expect firework shows through October. Not having Spectaculars is really my red line, if they aren’t on I don’t think a trip would be worth it.

Im kind of surprised they canceled this entirely, I would have thought they would cancel through Labor Day and hold out hope for the rest of the schedule, but honestly with the way the Florida numbers are climbing I don’t blame them. I also think that this is a signal they are considering pushing back opening the parks.
...they’re not doing fireworks...it’s unnecessary expense in the current environment.

They’re not trying to pull in attendance from all the evidence to date...so why do it?
Fireworks are not the only reason they would cancel this event.
No...but a nice side cancellation to consider.

rowrbazzle

That’s what I’m hoping for. Weave some elements of the party into the daytime hours. The snack should be a no brainer.
Its an event that is 80% meet and greets, parades, fireworks, and shows. With none of that exactly what were people clamoring to pay for?

Maybe they could just have that stuff as part of the regular admission during the fall (next year). Why not Christmas too? Give guests their money's worth instead of having them pay for shorter hours three or four nights of the week for four months out of the year. Wouldn't that be something?

Quite sad hearing the news that the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party has been cancelled for this year. Maybe they will allow the guest on certain dates during the day hours and especially on Halloween day to dress up in costumes in the parks(even those guests past the age they usually allow).

Lirael

Quite sad hearing the news that the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party has been cancelled for this year. Maybe they will allow the guest on certain dates during the day hours and especially on Halloween day to dress up in costumes in the parks(even those guests past the age they usually allow).
In the current climate encouraging people to use costumes that involve a mask might just be a good thing, but I think they still won't to avoid regular guests being confused with CMs

rk03221

Hm maybe that’d be a good thing because everyone would be wearing a mask lol

PolynesianPrincess

Looks like my October trip is in jeopardy, the only reason Disney would cancel this is if they don’t expect firework shows through October. Not having Spectaculars is really my red line, if they aren’t on I don’t think a trip would be worth it.

Im kind of surprised they canceled this entirely, I would have thought they would cancel through Labor Day and hold out hope for the rest of the schedule, but honestly with the way the Florida numbers are climbing I don’t blame them. I also think that this is a signal they are considering pushing back opening the parks.

They're not considering pushing back opening the parks. They've announced a date to open. At this point, they're not going to change that (unless something serious happens)

The Halloween parties are mostly meet and greets, trick or treating, parades, shows and fireworks... people gathering in large groups in small spaces. No chance to social distance. If they eliminate those experiences from the parties, there is no sense in having them. I think people are assuming this no entertainment thing is going to just be temporary short term, but I think it's going to be a lot longer than a few months. I think at least through the end of the year.

Touchdown

They're not considering pushing back opening the parks. They've announced a date to open. At this point, they're not going to change that (unless something serious
AB5CFF37-C467-4D30-8184-BFDF301E898C.jpeg

And that doesn’t include today you can imagine an additional line rising to 3800

PolynesianPrincess

You sure?

I did say unless something serious happens... like COVID taking a huge spike, which by the looks of Florida, that might happen. But them cancelling MNSSHP is not a sign that the park opening might be delayed. I feel they would have cancelled the parties regardless of when the parks open.

Touchdown

The number is going up because more testing is being rolled out. Would you rather the number be lower without testing? Doesn't mean people don't have COVID. It would just mean they're not tested and not counted.

As has been sourced on this thread multiple times, testing per day has been static in Florida for two weeks. The percent positive is increasing, which is not a good sign.

Giss Neric

It looks like Horror Nights is still pushing through as they are doing auditions now. It's going to be a few adults going since most of my friends and even relatives are too scared for Horror Nights and of course kids can't go.

Gillyanne

Got the "it's been cancelled" email earlier this afternoon. I just popped into my app to double check one of the extended expiration dates and noticed my MNSSHP tickets have been removed already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom