Michael Jackson

21stamps

Then what are you laughing at?

The stupidity of people who believe a movie at it’s word, because they’re obsessed with finding victims, no matter how crazy the story sounds. The horrible action of never questioning something you’re told.. because you’d rather jump on a trending bandwagon.. all the while claiming that it’s not really what you’re doing.. that you are applying critical thought.. and then, you’re proven wrong, again.

At some point we have to do better. I don’t know how much worse it can get. In less than a year we’ve had a SCOTUS nominee almost destroyed by ridiculous accusations... high school kids with their faces and address posted all over social media as a sign of evil white privilege...a man wasting police resources and drawing lectures from politicians and as a talking point for their bills... and a dead man’s legacy attacked to the point of his music being taken off the air in some places, statues removed, museums removing artifacts.. ALL over some sick need of society to prove how Woke and Just they are, when in the end.. that society proves to be nothing but fools and sheep, the opposite of what they’re trying to be.

(General “you” here, not referring specifically to you, society in general)

Last edited:

21stamps

This is actually interesting if anyone wants to read (click to read the entire thread/documents)...

There are a few investigative journalists left.

Sir_Cliff

Original Poster
To step away from the discussion of the veracity of the allegations made about Michael Jackson in Leaving Neverland, I thought I'd check to see if he was still selling albums. It appears there are still two MJ albums in the Billboard Top 200, The Essential Michael Jackson at #114 and Thriller at #184: https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

In the UK, his Number Ones album is #57 in the UK album charts: https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/

Admittedly they are not high up on the charts, but the two albums in the Billboard charts are in week 271 and 361 of their chart runs in and Number Ones is in week 390 of its chart run in the UK.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the early signs seem to be that Michael Jackson's music is still selling regardless of the documentary.

LittleBuford

To step away from the discussion of the veracity of the allegations made about Michael Jackson in Leaving Neverland, I thought I'd check to see if he was still selling albums. It appears there are still two MJ albums in the Billboard Top 200, The Essential Michael Jackson at #114 and Thriller at #184: https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

In the UK, his Number Ones album is #57 in the UK album charts: https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/

Admittedly they are not high up on the charts, but the two albums in the Billboard charts are in week 271 and 361 of their chart runs in and Number Ones is in week 390 of its chart run in the UK.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the early signs seem to be that Michael Jackson's music is still selling regardless of the documentary.

It would be interesting to see if there's actually been a slight upswing in sales because of the publicity.

Sir_Cliff

Original Poster
It would be interesting to see if there's actually been a slight upswing in sales because of the publicity.
Yes, I did wonder that. It would seem odd that people would buy an album because of this kind of publicity, but perhaps it is a case of all publicity is good publicity.

This article from The Guardian about tribute acts including a Michael Jackson tribute act in the UK was interesting in that it suggested attendees were willing to basically suspend judgement on Jackson and continue to enjoy the music: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/apr/05/too-toxic-to-touch-tribute-acts-in-the-age-of-metoo

LittleBuford

Yes, I did wonder that. It would seem odd that people would buy an album because of this kind of publicity, but perhaps it is a case of all publicity is good publicity.

I can see fans buying albums they already own to signal their support, or others stocking up on his music in fear that it will be taken off the shelves and airwaves. But this is me just speculating.

This article from The Guardian about tribute acts including a Michael Jackson tribute act in the UK was interesting in that it suggested attendees were willing to basically suspend judgement on Jackson and continue to enjoy the music: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/apr/05/too-toxic-to-touch-tribute-acts-in-the-age-of-metoo

Thanks for the interesting read. Your idol gets a mention, too. :) I'm glad his reputation has rebounded. I always liked Cliff.

21stamps

Can we (all) start to admit that maybe we were fooled, that this “director” did absolutely ZERO research, is making a complete fool of himself, lying... and the media and society took it as fact.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS.

21stamps

I think more people are starting to realize what this documentary was. While no one can know the absolute truth, we can see the many flaws in the alleged victims’ stories.

The question is, will people/businesses/museums be able to admit they were wrong and reverse the damage done over the past few months?

21stamps

I realize that many won’t respond.. but anyway, Here’s an article that won’t be seen in the USA.

The Daily Wire is actually doing legit reporting though. Is it any coincidence that liberal papers are still pushing an agenda-driven narrative?

Tom Messerau also just did his first interview regarding the accusations. It can be found on John Zieglar’s podcast.

21stamps

Best post of the week,

Two people who knew both Wade Robson AND Michael Jackson, closely... throwing their support behind the latter.

...but watch Leaving Neverland, and you must know more than them. 🤣
#think

Ariel1986

Best post of the week,

Two people who knew both Wade Robson AND Michael Jackson, closely... throwing their support behind the latter.

...but watch Leaving Neverland, and you must know more than them. 🤣
#think

Yes, Britney Spears who very clearly is going through serious mental illness issues at the moment- that have been documented- posting a video of her dancing to a MJ song clearly means more for his innocence than the voices of his alleged victims telling their story.

I’m a fan of Britney by the way, that wasn’t a dig at her.

Nobody knows the absolute truth- do you not see the irony in your adamant opinion and “knowledge” of his innocence that you keep trying to ram down our throats from others’ social media posts, whilst accusing us of doing the same, but for his potential guilt?

Your #think hashtag is hilarious considering your posting style.

21stamps

Yes, Britney Spears who very clearly is going through serious mental illness issues at the moment- that have been documented- posting a video of her dancing to a MJ song clearly means more for his innocence than the voices of his alleged victims telling their story.

I’m a fan of Britney by the way, that wasn’t a dig at her.

Nobody knows the absolute truth- do you not see the irony in your adamant opinion and “knowledge” of his innocence that you keep trying to ram down our throats from others’ social media posts, whilst accusing us of doing the same, but for his potential guilt?

Your #think hashtag is hilarious considering your posting style.

The world was told to believe the stories of two men who did a 4 hour documentary of descriptive abuse. Many in the world (and in this thread) took that description as fact.

We don’t know the absolute truth. What we do know is post Leaving Neverland, many inconsistencies have been proven. As in real proof.

Combine said inconsistencies/lies with the people who were close to Michael Jackson taking time to defend him.., Including several who knew both the accusers and the accused. Britney labeled her video as “Michael and Me”... I think that’s extremely interesting given that the man was accused of sexually abusing her ex boyfriend. Travis Payne- worked with both, doesn’t believe Wade. There’s many more on that list.

So, thinking logically, At some point you should admit that the red flags have started to outweigh the allegations. Looks like the media may have jumped the gun, again. That “may” is enough to admit that maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to join a pitchfork mob.

If someone refuses to admit that, then no, they’re not thinking.

21stamps

I think this entire situation is one more glaring example of the dangers we are creating for ourselves. Pouncing/Canceling/Destroying/Believing, equated an Allegation with a factual Survivor, all before taking a pause to find out if we’re doing the right thing.

We have a choice to regress to the days of the Salem Witch Trials, or we can respect ourselves and our society enough to be a little more evolved than that.

21stamps

I had a knot in my stomach when I read that Leaving Neverland is nominated for 5 Emmy awards.

I’m legitimately frightened by the US media in this whole thing. So many stories in that movie have now been proved false.. yet very few “journalists” will write about it, tv shows won’t interview the people who have proven the stories false.

They are manipulating the public, and people are allowing it, people who have the power to investigate and report.

The Weinstein doc is absent from the Emmy list.. the R Kelly series is up for 1 award.. 50 accusers with credible allegations... and yet the media is still hanging on to Leaving Neverland? Even the director has admitted to inconsistencies and the fact that he did not feel compelled to look beyond his star characters’ stories.

Lastly, we were all told that we would see more accusers after LN aired. We’re in July, 7 months after it was announced... and still no one else from this sophisticated pedo ring? The opposite has happened. Countless personal friends and families have come forward and said they never saw or suspected anything, the lawyers who interviewed James and Wade have spoken out... one of the “boy who replaced” Wade and James is also speaking out and suing HBO. All of this, and still the US media won’t report it.. instead, they nominate for an award.

It’s unbelievable in the most scary way.

21stamps

I think this movie is complete nonsense. The film's director, Dan Reed, admitted that he was not going to interview other key characters in this story, as their stories could confuse or cast doubt on the story he wanted to tell the world. And if they could question what the director wants to tell, then what is the point of this film? It seems that the HBO decided to start to earn extra money on Michael Jackson after the end of the Game of Thrones. Dirty trick, as for me.

There is a lawsuit against HBO from Michael Jackson’s estate. I hope it goes to arbitration. If nothing else then the media will have to report.

I do think that we must change the defamation laws in this country. Allow children and families to sue for defamation if a deceased family member is accused of something, without anything credible to back it up.

I think this is more important now than ever, we are full of a society who believes whatever they’re told, doesn’t wish to ever question what they’re told, and is in love with outrage.
Dangerous combination when you combine those people with a manipulative media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom