Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

jt04

Well it sure is ironic that the only project everyone seems to agree is going forward is DAK's Pandora.

Everything else is a guessing game at best and it shows.

Apparently they have plugged all the leaks when even Al has no solid info for DL. Heh.

mickey2008.1

DLR doing great, but WDW STILL NUMBER ONE! Start taking care of it as it is number one.This should be the most focused resort park, regsrdless of movies at soarin, or dark rides. The money is made here, numbers don't lie, so make it that way before all others. Why does WDW always seem like an after thought?

articos

There is a new film planned for Soarin', and has been for a while. The date given "for filming" in that article is complete garbage though. It doesn't work like that. It's too far out to pinpoint. We can pick a season we want to film, and then narrow that by going through the parks' calendars to find dates that there may not be major work planned that we'd catch on film, or dates where there's no parties sold or the parks are open certain hours, but to say "On the date of so and so WDI will rent a helo and film" is disingenuous at this point.

Californian Elitist

DLR doing great, but WDW STILL NUMBER ONE! Start taking care of it as it is number one.This should be the most focused resort park, regsrdless of movies at soarin, or dark rides. The money is made here, numbers don't lie, so make it that way before all others. Why does WDW always seem like an after thought?

Are you being sarcastic?

danv3

I actually didn't realize that either haha. I was talking about the ride itself. It's TERRIFYING. Scariest ride at the resort and I'm not exaggerating. It's not fun, though it's called "Mickey's Fun Wheel." It should be renamed to "Mickey's Not-So Fun Wheel."

After one ride, I dubbed it Mickey's Terror Wheel and vowed never to ride it again. Scariest ride at the resort by a mile.

Goofnut1980

I know it costs money, but why don't they want fresh rides once in a while. I mean, the bones of soarin' are great, but just upgrade the tech and add a new movie. Get more butts in the seats...

Also, who's idea was it to bring Soarin' to Epcot and not HS?

doctornick

I'll never understand the DHS hate. It has 4 of my favorite rides (Star Tours, Rock N Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror & Toy Story Mania).

I would love it if they added more to the park though.

DHS: great flagship rides (as you mention) but crappy layout, poor/inconsistent theming, and limited amount of attractions. DAK also has limited attractions, but is far more enjoyable to just wander around in and take in the scenery.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know it costs money, but why don't they want fresh rides once in a while. I mean, the bones of soarin' are great, but just upgrade the tech and add a new movie. Get more butts in the seats...

Also, who's idea was it to bring Soarin' to Epcot and not HS?
It was part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth promotion of 2005. (Disneyland's 50th anniversary)

Each park got a new "attraction" or show. The studio's got LMA...AK got Lucky the Dinosaur and the MK got a hideous castle and Cinderellabration

Epicpilot

I think the new movie for Soaring is going to happen. Why 2015? - Shanghai Disneyland will have a Soaring and it can not be the California one.
It is going to be interesting to see what disney does with Soarin in Shanghai due to Chinas strict censorship, I assume mostly focusing on China and showing short Glances of the rest of the world, or maybe showing disney parks in other countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom