Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

PeterAlt

Diesel locomotives are incredibly clean. The exhaust isn't noticeable I live in the chicago suburbs, dozens of freight and commuter trains go through each day and I have never smelt exhaust you smell much more from a semi than you do a locomotive, although that has a lot to do with the different types of fuel they use. The locomotives tri rail just purchased are just regular diesels, modern ones are becoming more and more efficient. All diesel trains are a sort of "hybrid" the diesel engine doesn't directly move the wheels it powers electric motors which then spin the wheels, it also works in reverse they can use the electric motors to collect energy to be used at a later time.

And Sun rail does go somewhere its a Commuter rail service, its meant to bring people from the suburbs to the city for work, not everything in orlando is centered along Idrive/Worldcenter
Thanks for clarifying some things up for me. I still don't understand all the at grade crossings. As I said, even with Tri-Rail's limited number of crossings, there have been deadly accidents. Sun-Rail will have more crossings per mile and a lot of them! As I said, billions of dollars is a big price to pay if they're not going to do it right!

All Aboard Florida proposes to solve the crossings problem by using shorter trains, cutting off some roads in some downtown areas where it will go through, and they will elevate the entire downtown tracks through Miami.

NoChesterHester

Longhairbear

Unlike what the usual reaction is to new DVC at WDW, we have the opposite view here on the west coast. There are only 50 freaking units total! Miceplace has hinted at a fourth tower at DLR that would be totally DVC. The only thing I want to hear out of D23, Micechat, WDW Magic, is that they are expanding at DVC villas at DLR. I could care les about the Grand Floridian, or the Poly. Of course we'll stay at those new DVC Resorts, because it is the only thing new to do at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom