Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

DonaldDoleWhip

You are certainly entitled to that opinion, but I must say, I find it quite odd. What is fine about a park that has three 20+ year old stage shows, aging rides that have seen little to no maintenance (and in some cases subtractions - how can you tour a backlot that doesn't exist?), no parades and a nighttime spectacular that regularly misses major effects? In my mind, these are major issues and represent a significant decline in the park's value, even over the past five years, and makes the price increases dubious at best. Just a thought.

Keep in mind this is the same person who said that DCA "looks like a cheap amusement park" and that it has "only [one] cool land." An odd opinion indeed...

Ok well those things don't bother me at all. Hollywood Studios is my favorite park not only at Disney but anywhere and the age of the stage shows don't bother me. I think that they are timeless because of the quality. I completely enjoy going there so I will continue to spend my money there and not regret it because I will have a smile on my face the whole time.
Virtually everyone who's been to both parks agrees that DCA's stage show (Aladdin) is better than any show at DHS.

DonaldDoleWhip

1) Yes 2) It shouldn't matter to you because you don't even know me 3) Everyone is entitled to their opinions 4) Leave me alone please you are starting to sound a little immature
1) Sorry to hear you didn't like it.
2) I don't know anyone on this site, but that doesn't stop me from participating in discussions (both positive and negative ones). In this case, it mattered because it's something that qualifies the opinion.
3) We're all entitled to our opinions, but generally people join a discussion board to discuss their opinions, not just state them.
4) Done

TP2000

Very true but my personal opinion is that the product is fine as it is.

Hi, Megan Mouse. I was going to post a few questions for you and some of my own thoughts, as it was increasingly apparent that you hadn't been to DCA since its 1.2 Billion dollar makeover, and likely hadn't been to any Disney property except WDW of the early 21st century.

But I think your recent statement quoted here on your opinion of Disney Hollywood Studios circa 2013 sums it all up. :)

Disney Hollywood Studios, 2013 - Fine As It Is!

TP2000

Right? I really don't understand, but I'm sure if Disney announced right now they plan on spending a billion dollars on DHS, no one would be complaining, but in fact celebrating.

The only ones complaining would be an underground culture of people who adore early 1990's stage shows with 1990's theme park standards for lighting, audio and stagecraft. Who needs LED lighting and digital mapping projections and THX audio presenting relevant stories and characters when you can have Early Clinton Era production values for tired stories? And when the theme park already is bursting at the seams with six (6) rides, count 'em SIX!, then surely those 1990's stage shows will soak up the worn-out riders and get them off their feet for 23 minutes at a time.

Why even bother focusing on DHS? The park is fine. It's more DVC expansion and the new Sephora coming to Disney Springs in 2015 we should be focusing on. :cool:

Californian Elitist

The only ones complaining would be an underground culture of people who adore early 1990's stage shows with 1990's theme park standards for lighting, audio and stagecraft. Who needs LED lighting and digital mapping projections and THX audio presenting relevant stories and characters when you can have Early Clinton Era production values for tired stories? And when the theme park already is bursting at the seams with six (6) rides, count 'em SIX!, then surely those 1990's stage shows will soak up the worn-out riders and get them off their feet for 23 minutes at a time.

Why even bother focusing on DHS? The park is fine. It's more DVC expansion and the new Sephora coming to Disney Springs in 2015 we should be focusing on. :cool:

This is why I love you, TP. Love your sarcasm!

TP2000

It all looks so Junky... :p

Doesn't it though?

And they just missed out on so many details with the DCA makeover.
Buena-Vista-Street-Red-Car-Trolley.jpg

The sharply dressed trolley conductors reversing their catenary wires at the end of the line. The crazy telegram girl delivering nothing but gossip. The newsboys clutching their Buena Vista Bugle shouting that Walt Disney has arrived in Los Angeles to set up a cartoon studio. (Who cares about some guy named Walt?) The brick and stone work, the custom artisan tile and leaded glass windows, all that copper and brass trim work, the mish-mash of Mission Deco architecture only found in Southern California for a brief time. And what's with that giant winkin', talkin' mouse in the knickers waving at us out the trolley window?

The place is a dump. They should turn it back into a parking lot.

The Empress Lilly

People that think DHS is fine the way it is the reason why TDO is not willing to spend money on the parks
I would add the following amendment:
People who think DHS is fine the way it is, and every bit as much those people who complain about DHS but part with their money nevertheless, are the reason why TDO is not willing to spend money on the parks.

The Empress Lilly

I don't really care about Cars Land. Disney can keep its IP-franchises, toons and Pixar. One big bore.

No, what tickles my envy button is BVS's sense of placemaking, of style, even old fashioned Disney sophistication. Which has all been absent from WDW for so long. The above is so much more *Disney* than the cartoon make-over of Fantasyland - which, to add insult to injury, only ended up making the MK look worse now than it did twenty years ago.

10-22-12-IMG_7791.jpg

bvs-eliasco-wdsuitjune2012.jpg

Californian Elitist

I don't really care about Cars Land. Disney can keep it's IP-franchises, toons and Pixar. One big bore.
No, what tickles my envy button is BVS's sense of placemaking, style, even old fashioned sophistication that has been absent from WDW for so long. The above is so much more *Disney* than the cartoon make-over of Fantasyland, which now looks worse than it did twenty years ago.

10-22-12-IMG_7791.jpg

bvs-eliasco-wdsuitjune2012.jpg

While I agree that I would much prefer, original ideas and attractions, Cars Land is Amazing, with a capital A. Sure, it's based off a movie but it was done extremely well. There's no land like it, at least in Disney parks.

The Empress Lilly

I do think that DHS is fine as it is. However, I have been to DCA after its billion dollar make over and I have been to Universal Orlando as well. So I have indeed been to other theme parks in the 21st century besides Walt Disney World.
UNI has an entirely different feel than DHS. For all the fun rides of the two UNI parks, me, I'd take one stroll from ST to ToT over an entire vacation at UNI. DHS is fantastic where it gets it right. If I had $1.2 billion, I'd share it between DHS, DAK and EPCOT. Personally, I might change / add the latter two more than DHS.

Ok well those things don't bother me at all. Hollywood Studios is my favorite park not only at Disney but anywhere and the age of the stage shows don't bother me. I think that they are timeless because of the quality. I completely enjoy going there so I will continue to spend my money there and not regret it because I will have a smile on my face the whole time.
VotLM is perfect, the best Disney show ever! BatB is good too. Not Broadway, but nevertheless a true classic. I wish both would stay forever.

I would add the following amendment:
People who think DHS is fine the way it is, and every bit as much those people who complain about DHS but part with their money nevertheless, are the reason why TDO is not willing to spend money on the parks.

I really like DHS. It might be my favorite park, but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to additions improvements. I think I like DHS because I'm not a kid and enjoy the thrill rides they have there. I also like the Muppets, the easter eggs on TSM, and some of the Golden Age Hollywood architecture.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan & I really think they should add a Star Wars land or expand the presence in at least one of the parks. I think DHS makes the most sense for that. I've never been to Disneyland but have heard good things about Carsland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom