MGM updates

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Star Tours ride
Within the next year, a refurb is to be completed on the simulators. Each will have 5 rear-projected digital 3-D screens (one screen in front & 2 smaller screens on both sides of the simulator). Hydraulic lifts will be placed at the center rear area of the simulator. The audio system inside the simulator will be upgraded to the DTS-HD master audio system, as well as a DTS-HD master audio external system. The front IMAX Dome projectors will be facing upwards & external of the simulators. The ride will also include 3 audio-animatronics (one stationary & 2 non-stationary). The ride will also include polarized, 3-D glasses.

Playhouse Disney will be switching it's location to a large, air- conditioned tent in the parking lot behind RNRRC. It will have a new show starting in Feb. 2008, starring characters from Jojo's Circus, Mickey's Clubhouse & Little Einsteins.

RNRRC will be down from Labor Day to early Oct. 2007.
Block Party Bash will begin in March 2008; Stars & Motor Cars parade will be retired.

dvitali

Star Tours ride
Within the next year, a refurb is to be completed on the simulators. Each will have 5 rear-projected digital 3-D screens (one screen in front & 2 smaller screens on both sides of the simulator). Hydraulic lifts will be placed at the center rear area of the simulator. The audio system inside the simulator will be upgraded to the DTS-HD master audio system, as well as a DTS-HD master audio external system. The front IMAX Dome projectors will be facing upwards & external of the simulators. The ride will also include 3 audio-animatronics (one stationary & 2 non-stationary). The ride will also include polarized, 3-D glasses.

Playhouse Disney will be switching it's location to a large, air- conditioned tent in the parking lot behind RNRRC. It will have a new show starting in Feb. 2008, starring characters from Jojo's Circus, Mickey's Clubhouse & Little Einsteins.

Block Party Bash will begin in March 2008; Stars & Motor Cars parade will be retired.

Question that seem that no one is asking What will be going to be where playhouse Disney was? With Pixar Toy Story Mania going in a few yard down I wonder about the future of where the Little Mermaid will be. I wonder if Little mermaid can move to Playhouse disney area?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Star Tours 2 news is a few weeks old now.... and I seriously doubt it will be `completed` by next year. R&D isn`t complete yet!

WDWFigment

Thanks for the information, but all this information (besides those dates for the RNRC downtime) were shared at a CM meeting a few weeks ago, and leaked onto the net right afterwards.

Off topic, Martin, that avatar is awesome!

Angelo-Titan

Guys, this is good news. I mean being a Star Wars fan, anything new over at Star Tours is good.

So I am assuming that the movie will change also. And Since Lucas is working on 3D versions of the movies a 3d version of the ride would be great.

ISTCrew20

I believe Playhouse Disney is staying put. The traveling Playhouse Disney show that will be at MGM for a few weeks is what's being held in the tent.

Since1976

It's funny how news gets leaked onto this forum, gets out onto the 'Net, and then gets posted as news back onto this forum.

Round and round it goes!

Piebald

This is an update from the same individual who did not know where the wall on Mickey Avenue would be going .... :rolleyes:

First of all, nothing official has been said about Star Tours. I doubt anything would even start until next spring/summer when Toy Story Mania opens up along with Mickey Avenue. It probably would take awhile to complete, too.

Playhouse Disney is not going anywhere; They're building a large, temporary tent in the RnRc Parking lot to host the Playhouse Disney Live Concert series that they did last year. The Wiggles, Doodlebops and all the other odd acts for children will perform there in September/October which apparently will correlate with the RnRc refurb that has yet to be confirmed although we have been told in the Studios it would happen.

Playhouse Disney will eventually change, becoming Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which is rumored to include the talking heads and the obvious elimination of Bear and his friends. Rumors say that it will have Little Einsteins, JoJo and Handy Manny but we don't know anything yet.

And yes, Block Party Bash will be coming next spring.

KnK

Why is this still not showing up on the main WDW site. I know other new changes to MK have shown up for September, but this still has not been posted there.

dave2822

Why is this still not showing up on the main WDW site. I know other new changes to MK have shown up for September, but this still has not been posted there.

Because it is not official, for all intents and purposes it is still a rumor.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Remember, it's probably just a rumor.
I wouldn't believe it totally until WDW announced it.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
This is an update from the same individual who did not know where the wall on Mickey Avenue would be going .... :rolleyes:
First of all, nothing official has been said about Star Tours. I doubt anything would even start until next spring/summer when Toy Story Mania opens up along with Mickey Avenue. It probably would take awhile to complete, too.

Playhouse Disney is not going anywhere; They're building a large, temporary tent in the RnRc Parking lot to host the Playhouse Disney Live Concert series that they did last year. The Wiggles, Doodlebops and all the other odd acts for children will perform there in September/October which apparently will correlate with the RnRc refurb that has yet to be confirmed although we have been told in the Studios it would happen.

Playhouse Disney will eventually change, becoming Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which is rumored to include the talking heads and the obvious elimination of Bear and his friends. Rumors say that it will have Little Einsteins, JoJo and Handy Manny but we don't know anything yet.

And yes, Block Party Bash will be coming next spring.
I did not say that I made this info. up myself...I read it on another site.
I have never claimed to be "all knowing."
Just trying to share - remember, this is the section for news & rumors.
Be nice! :D :wave:

Dizknee_Phreek

Guys, this is good news. I mean being a Star Wars fan, anything new over at Star Tours is good.

:lol: Yeah, I'd be careful saying that. It's been said before about some attractions...and then we get JIYI. Any ol' change isn't always a good change.

All the projector screens and such sounds interesting. I still can't picture how they're all going to be used. What's really throwing me off are the 3D glasses. I don't like 3D glasses much...and the films always seem a bit shaky. Hopefully they'll fix that, what with all the technology and such we have these days. It's been so long since I saw one of the newer 3D shows at Disney...Mickey's Philharmagic was the last of the newer ones I saw, and that was about 4 years ago. I saw Muppets 3D back in Nov., and it was pretty shaky. Maybe the newer ones aren't? I can't remember.

Stitch69

Good news about Block Bash! I saw that last year at Disney's California Adventure and LOVED it! Very fun & interactive!!!! That is wonderful news. The Car Parade needs to be retired .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom