MGM or AK ???

memajajo

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are absolutely essential. But if you can only go to one more, would you pick MGM or Animal Kingdom?:veryconfu

Big Pooh

To answer your question, IF I could only do one, I would definately do MGM. Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Roller Coaster are two of Disney's best attractions. Neither park is a full day unless you take your time and want to see EVERYTHING in the park. If you have a park hopper ticket you can do both in the same day. But overall, TO ME, MGM is the better park.

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm just the opposite. I would choose AK over MGM. HOWEVER, I have a son who doesn't like thrill rides, but loves animals. Easy choice for me. ;)

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I'd take AK over MGM any day. I find MGM boring. I love animals, so that would put me more toward AK, but I just never liked MGM much. I always do it in 1/2 day, and then whack myself on the head saying 'why did I even bother'.

Upvote 0

mocfan

If you have time (or the right ticket) you could easily fit both of these parks in the same day. Not sure if mind missing minor attractions though.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

MGM is the bomb. It is awesome! The Rock & Roll coaster is the best coaster ever and I love millionaire.

Don't get me wrong..AK is fun but we usually do it in about 4 or 5 hours. Although the Festival of the Lion King is something to behold.

Do what the people above say...split the day. AK in the am and MGM afterwards. That way you can stay and see Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

DanStat

I would say Animal Kingdom.

Having been to Africa, the theming, I can say is absolutley authentic!

I think so many people overlook Animal Kingdom. If you haven't done it before, GO! I was surprised the first time I went! I love it! It's now my favorite park! For an even better experience, try Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge! It's like a small scale Kenyan Lodge!

Awesome is the only word that I can use to describe Animal Kingdom!

Upvote 0

JLW11Hi

Disney MGM Studios!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am just a movie kinda guy. There are so many shows there, I can never seem to do the whole thing in a day!

I could spend a whole day just lingering around Hollywood Blvd or Sunset Blvd just to see what might suddenly go on. I like to do the same thing at Main Street, waiting for the Dapper Dans or Rhythm Rascals to pop out singing/playing somewhere.

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

Simply put:

If you like Animals better, visit AK

If you like Movies and TV better, visit MGM.

----If you are good, however, go to AK first thing AM on a Saturday, then leave the park around lunch (you will have seen most of it by then) and take a break. Then go back to MGM at about 2 PM and stay for Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, I have to vote for MGM! Our kids seemed to like it alot. I wouldn't pay a single day admission ticket for AK, but thats just my opinion..and I am sure to be raked over the coals by several! However, like its been said before if you buy a 4 day hopper pass you can easily do MGM and AK in 1 day and have one day for each of the other parks and then one more to hop about to hit your favorites!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom