MGM or AK ???

memajajo

Magic Kingdom and Epcot are absolutely essential. But if you can only go to one more, would you pick MGM or Animal Kingdom?:veryconfu

wannabeBelle

I say if you have the ticket (Park hopper variety) go for both. Definitely do AK in the morning. Check out Tarzan Rocks! and Dinoland. I Also dig the Kilamanjaro Safari ride. Then high tail it over to MGM. Whatever you do do not miss Fantasmic! That isa truly amazing show!! If you have media Player you can get a REALLY good feel for it by looking at the video posted on this site. Belle
P.S. Snow, Have an amazing time!! I want a good trip report!!!!

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

We actually went to AK yesterday, and it was so empty, we saw the following attractions in 3 hours:

It's Tough to be a Bug
Dinosaur
The Jungle Trek
Kali River Rapids
Kilamanjaro Safaris
The Parade.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by memajajo
Magic Kingdom and Epcot are absolutely essential. But if you can only go to one more, would you pick MGM or Animal Kingdom?:veryconfu

Are you buying three one day passes? Why don´t you get a parkhopper and do both parks? You will have one day left on it, but it will never expire!

It´s a difficult choice for me if you consider RnRC, ToT and Fantasmic, but if I think about Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, The Lion King Show, It´s tough to be a bug, the Safari and the rest of AK, I don´t really want to miss it! Spend a little more and go to the two of them in one day! :animwink:

Upvote 0

zdonahue

Put me down for doing both in one day. AK in the am and MGM in the pm.

If I had to pick one - MGM for 2 reasons:

TOT (My wife's favorite!)

RnRCoaster

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by mocfan
If you have time (or the right ticket) you could easily fit both of these parks in the same day. Not sure if mind missing minor attractions though.

i agree with Lance...MGM is most definately an essential!

but i also agree with mocfan...if you do it right, you can fit both parks into one day. well some people could anyway...i'm not a huge fan of thrill rides, so i probably could fit MGM and AK into one day. my main attraction at MGM is Star Tours...GOTTA do that every trip, and sometimes Great Movie Ride, other than that all i pretty much do is eat and shop! and it's pretty much the same with AK...i do Kali RR every time i go there, and i try to do Dinosaur, then i shop and eat. so those two parks interlock nicely for me!

Upvote 0

Camelot

I wouln't want to have to choose between the two because they both offer things I enjoy seeing, BUT if pressed to chose only one, it would be MGM. :)

Upvote 0

Fido

I'll go with MGM. I really like Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, Honey ISTA, Muppetvision, etc. I like AK as well, but there is less to do there in my opinion. Not to worry, because I always park hop regardless! :lol:

Speaking of MGM, is that CM that wears the nutty outfit with all the medals and paraphernalia hanging off him still working there? My trip to Hollywood Boulevard doesn't seem complete without seeng that character!

Upvote 0

dreamer

Neither MGM or AK are essential for a visit to DW. They are the "lesser" parks. They both have some awkwardness to their layouts and do not have the same "magic" as Epcot and MK. I think they have less of Walt's touch.

MGM has a few great thrill rides and some fantastic shows. If you choose MGM, just read some guide books and pick out which ones appeal to you. Some people love Fantasmic at night -- I didn't. I don't particularly prefer MGM, but my family does.

AK is better themed than MGM. The Lion King show has more general appeal than any at MGM -- ie. I think more people like it. There are some decent rides.

Having a hopper ticket and doing AK in the morning and finishing at MGM would be best. You can save a day on the ticket for another visit. But don't feel bad for missing either park. (If you're doing daily tickets, remember that you can get discounts for successive days. $5 off the first day and $10 off the second. You have to buy tickets the day before, though.)

MY SUGGESTION

Consider taking a third day to just see the NON-PARK parts of DW. I think seeing these parts of Walt's vision are more essential to seeing DW than the lesser parks. The money you save could be used to stay on site or upgrade to a luxury hotel on the monorail -- check mousesavers for deals and how to save money. Check out the hotels. Ride the monorail around. Do dinner at California Grill or if you have kids do Chef Mickeys. Shop at Downtown Disney. Even if you stay off site you can still enjoy these things.

Keep in mind that you may enjoy MK or Epcot so much that you may just want to revisit one of them.

That's my opinion, but I don't think you'll be disappointed whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom