MGM Getting A New Parade

tink81

The Block Part Bash is a great parade for kids and there is much more interaction between the parade cast and the audience than in any other parade I have seen. It's really high energy and everyone there seemed to be having a ball...can't see how it would hurt. Hope they keep the Genie car for some other use, though. That thing is sweet.

imagineer boy

I really would not want to clone this to MGM. First of all, it really has nothing to do with the MGM theme, and second, it only has Pixar characters. If they were to clone it, I'd perfer that they atleast spice it up a bit so that it has some sort of tie-in with movies, and they add more Disney characters ( and non-ones like the muppets, Star Was, Indiana Jones, ect. )

But I also would much perfer that Epcot get a parade first. It needs one bad. Its the thing that keeps people around world showcase for the evening.

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
That`ll be "Theres no Place Like World Showcase" in 1982 :D
How long did that parade run? I seem to remember it, but not sure if I actually saw the parade or just pictures. :veryconfu

mkepcotmgmak

i saw block party last year at dca... i can't see this fitting into mgm at all! we need something MOVIE RELATED! i know this is just a rumor, so i won't say much about it...
also - if they are bringing block party to us, why make the floats smaller? go bigger and better!
block party is a very high energy procession, with lots to see... but it doesn't fit into the 1920's hollywood era at all, and dsmc in a way did...

i want a true movie style parade!

imagineersrock

mkepcotmgmak said:
i saw block party last year at dca... i can't see this fitting into mgm at all! we need something MOVIE RELATED!

All the characters and floats are from Pixar movies...right?

I enjoyed the DCA version, and I don't think BPB is any more out of place than the Mulan or the Toy Story parades we've had in the past.

Honestly, once Disney started losing interest in the whole "Movie Making" approach to the park and decided to take out backstage pass, closed down our feature animation, put a modern recording studio at the end of a 1940's Hollywood street, and plopped a giant blue hat in the middle of everything to cover up the Chinese Theater, I've found it extremely difficult to find any kind of a coherent theme at the Disney-MGM Studios.

At the moment, A fun new high-energy parade coming to the park is the least of my worries regarding the Disney-MGM Studios.

mkepcotmgmak

imagineersrock said:
All the characters and floats are from Pixar movies...right?

I enjoyed the DCA version, and I don't think BPB is any more out of place than the Mulan or the Toy Story parades we've had in the past.

Honestly, once Disney started losing interest in the whole "Movie Making" approach to the park and decided to take out backstage pass, closed down our feature animation, put a modern recording studio at the end of a 1940's Hollywood street, and plopped a giant blue hat in the middle of everything to cover up the Chinese Theater, I've found it extremely difficult to find any kind of a coherent theme at the Disney-MGM Studios.

At the moment, A fun new high-energy parade coming to the park is the least of my worries regarding the Disney-MGM Studios.

excellent points. can't argue with any of them... but i still see BPB way out of place in this park... i can't see it at any of our parks to be honest, but oh well.

stuarthulluk

from what i have read on www.dlp-guide.com, in their forum section, the stars and motorcars parade is going over to paris, not all the cars, but thr majority. And the cinema parade is going to MGM, but......, i think the BPB could only be there for a season while they swap all the floats or add extra floats into the mgm version. THis is what i think will happen, so dnt expect BPB to be there for long, here is the dirrect link

http://www.mousekingdom.com/scripts/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=72088&mode=full&page=1

stuarthulluk

oooo, and the new parade in paris is not a clone of the usa version, they are using the snowglobe design, and making new floats, each with 2 globes on each and a total of 8 floats, so there will be more gobes in paris

tecowdw

NTI2002 said:
If you ask me I don't think MGM will ever have a parade as good as the Aladdin Parade. They definately out did them that year.
I totally agree!! That was a fantastic parade! The music was like IASW - just hung in your head the rest of the day.

tecowdw

elle72688 said:
I must be the only one who would be sad to see Stars and Motor Cars go! I love the parade and the music that goes with it :)
You're right!!! You are the only one.
;)

Just kidding...

TrentMom

Character Breakfast for boys?

JROK said:
Word on the street (from a CM in Entertainment) is that MGM is losing Stars In Motorcars in favor of the Block Party Parade at DCA... this is to add to the Pixar Character Dining for boys to go in at MGM... The parade will have smaller floats than DCA's but will be pretty much the same parade featuring Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Bug's Life...

Any official word yet on Breakfast and Beyond at MGM? I have called WDW Dine 4 times to ask and only one person had heard of it yet, but it was not in the system yet. I am taking my son for his first trip in May and hoping it will be up and running by then and can get a priority seating for it.

Thanks

May 7-12th
AllStars Movies

:wave:

Iakona

Since we were grand marshalls in January it is now my favorite parade and we actually really like it, but all things must change. If a new parade is due it would be nice to tie it into the movie theme of the park.

disneywy

I agree that BPB would fit into MGM as well as any other parade they have had in the past. It really has no tie to the California theme of DCA, so the same arguement can be made there.

One of my main concerns for BPB in MGM is the heat and humidity for the performers. The show is very high energy and performers do more than any current parade at WDW. I think they would have to tone it down a bit to have it possible for the performers to not collapse during the show. Just a thought.

awallaceunc

I haven't seen the Block Party parade at DCA, so I may very well enjoy it, and I'm not at all anti-Pixar in the parks, but the thing that always made MGM's parades a bit lacking were that they were so character or movie-specific. I loved Stars & Cars because it was innovative and was more like a MK parade in that it characters and floats from all over the spectrum, while still incorporating Hollywood flare. I'll be sad to see it go, but then, it has been around a long time.

-Aaron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom