MGM Getting A New Parade

Figment1986

but the point is they are all together... and has nothing to do.. if there was a backstory that the general.. or "director" would say... then it would work... (add some movie filming elements to the floats)

S.E.A.

Figment1986 said:
but the point is they are all together... and has nothing to do.. if there was a backstory that the general.. or "director" would say... then it would work... (add some movie filming elements to the floats)

well you're just going to have to wait and see if they do now won't you?

until then, quit complaining.

CaliSurfer182

wannab@dis said:
:veryconfu

Second, you do realize that the Magic Kingdom started as a basic clone of Disneyland. Clones are a good idea since most people don't visit all the different parks. They also help control costs which means more money available for even more growth at all the parks.

I can see how cloned attractions can be cost-effective in replacing old rides and barespots for quick fixes. But how can a cloned parade really be cost-effective in replacing an already existing parade (that's not doing to bad).

S.E.A.

Connor002 said:
I had heard that they were [basically] switching parades.

maybe Paris is getting Stars and Motor Cars while MGM will receive BPB and the old Paris parade would move to DCA? like a big aprade re-shuffle

tom32819

parades at epcot

hi everyone,

not to start on a sour note here, but if you look back at almost 24 years of epcot history there have rarely been parades in that park. they depend more on entertainemnt in the world showcase pavillions & illuminations, along with charcter meet n greets in the park. i think tapestry of nations was the first regular parade epcot had. :rolleyes:

S.E.A.

tom32819 said:
hi everyone,

not to start on a sour note here, but if you look back at almost 24 years of epcot history there have rarely been parades in that park. they depend more on entertainemnt in the world showcase pavillions & illuminations, along with charcter meet n greets in the park. i think tapestry of nations was the first regular parade epcot had. :rolleyes:

amen.

CThaddeus

DisneyBuff said:
I would have to say that I would be a bit disappointed if they get an exact clone of Block Party. While Block Party was fun, I just don't see it as a parade I would want to see again and again.

As far as the Incredibles, they are already in the Block Party Parade. They are the Second Float. If I remember right there are four major floats, the Incredibles, Monster Inc, Bear in the Big Blue House and Toy Story. The theming went well with DCA I don't see it with MGM.

Actually the floats are themed to Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and A Bug's Life. After a special introduction made about 3/4 of the way through the "show", the Incredibles pop up from different floats and dance along with the final songs. They don't have their own special floats.
I hope, however, they don't decide to make any changes to Disney-MGM's Stars in Motorcars Parade until after May. It's the only one I missed the last time I was there, so I am looking forward to seeing it...especially since all of the others are the same.

dannb1001

Parades

Anyone know if the magic kingdom will be getting any new parades any time soon? Share a dream and SpectroMagic have to go BAD I think. Spectro Magic has been at the park WAY to long.

S.E.A.

dannb1001 said:
Anyone know if the magic kingdom will be getting any new parades any time soon? Share a dream and SpectroMagic have to go BAD I think. Spectro Magic has been at the park WAY to long.

I agree they need to replace Share A Dream. but I think Spectro has become an MK institution, maybe just update it with new floats or segments but not completely replace it. Either way, yeah, The MK parades pale in comparison to the rest of the parades in the Magic Kingdom park family.

DreamFlight911

what i heard is stars and car will be going to walt disney studios in dinseyland paris. to replace disney's cinema parade.

hmmmmmmmmm blockparty bash sounds tempting, but best parade for mgm was alladin

it398

i heard that this paprade (stars and motor cars) is moving to paris, along with share a dream come true which will go to the disneyland park in paris.
i dont know whether the floats are going or just going to be copied.

raven

Most Disney parades last areound 5 years before they are replaced by something new or different. I'm kinda sick of the Motor Cars parade so change is good in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom