Metal trees in Tomorrowland

blm07

Original Poster
There are a few trees in front of Space Mountain in Tomorrowland, I've heard that they open and close during the day. Does anyone know what time(s) they move? Does anyone know how fast they move?

Horizons1

They are static (I.E. They never move). They were nice little details put in place to further the story of Tomorrowland '94.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Information is sketchy (I just read your email, sorry ;) )

One - or more - did use to animate. I recall in 94-5 seeing a timelapse video of it/them working.

So far as I know it (they) havn`t worked for a long time.

Cmdr_Crimson

They also mention about these trees in the Walt Disney World Explorer PC guide. That they do open & close for shading..But, yeah I've not seen them move for a long time.

Horizons1

One - or more - did use to animate. I recall in 94-5 seeing a timelapse video of it/them working.

Really? That would be awesome to see them restored then. Add a bit more kinetics to the area.

Rob562

This discussion has come up before, and just as sure as some people have seen them move, I am just as sure that I remember seeing a piece of concept art in the traveling "Architecture of Reassurance" exhibit when it was in D.C., which specifically showed the one tree slightly folded up as it is now, with an artist notation it was stuck "as if broken".

Obviously one of us is wrong. I think until we can find visual proof one way or the other, it'll have to stand at an impasse of memories. :)

I wonder if this is a time for the "Ask Dave" column.

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This discussion has come up before, and just as sure as some people have seen them move, I am just as sure that I remember seeing a piece of concept art in the traveling "Architecture of Reassurance" exhibit when it was in D.C., which specifically showed the one tree slightly folded up as it is now, with an artist notation it was stuck "as if broken".

Obviously one of us is wrong. I think until we can find visual proof one way or the other, it'll have to stand at an impasse of memories. :)

I wonder if this is a time for the "Ask Dave" column.

-Rob

He'd just come to WDWMagic and ask us! :lol:

Tom Morrow

Wow, they did? I've definitely never seen it. I always thought they were meant to look like they move, but didn't actually move.

muteki

I thought the moving vs. non-moving trees were denoted by the "coconuts" that some had and some didn't. May be completely off base but I thought they were related.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom