metal detector installation

Killnme

I don't know about permanent ones but last time at Hollywood I was randomly selected to walk through one of the temp. ones. They had to measure my pocket knife but it was in the correct measurement, so they allowed me to take it in.

I asked when the full body scanners were showing up and the guards reply was oh please god no!

Vaughn4380

They had to measure my pocket knife but it was in the correct measurement, so they allowed me to take it in.

Oh really? Last time I was there my Leatherman had to be locked up while I was in the park and I was told no bladed pocket knives or tools were allowed at all, regardless of length. Could you let me know what the blade length was that they allowed in? I would love to carry my Leatherman again and it has a 3 inch blade.

Maybe security came to their senses about pocket knives finally.

Killnme

Oh really? Last time I was there my Leatherman had to be locked up while I was in the park and I was told no bladed pocket knives or tools were allowed at all, regardless of length. Could you let me know what the blade length was that they allowed in? I would love to carry my Leatherman again and it has a 3 inch blade.

Maybe security came to their senses about pocket knives finally.

The blade is right at 3 1/4in. long. The supervisor that saw it first told me to just drop it in my pocket. When I put it in the little bowl at the metal detector the guy measured it against his WDW ID. And called for the supervisor I said she was the one that told me to drop it in my pocket and he let me go.

Vaughn4380

Why do we need a knife at Disney? o_O

Well a leatherman is not really a knife, more like a tool with scissors, screwdrivers, and a blade that conveniently fits in your pocket. You can use it to fix anything from a loose air conditioning cover in your hotel room to opening kids toys you just bought in the park. Why wouldn't you carry one at Disney?

Last edited:

C.FERNIE

No one needs a knife at WDW, what happens if some idiot takes it or drops it by accident, I think Disney has enough CMs with common sense or people around you with common sense to help you without a knife!

NeedMoreMickey

The metal detectors at WDW are for show so the public can think they are safe. On Sunday I was picked to go through the metal detector and didn’t have any problems, no alarm, nothing which is bad because I’ve had both knees replaced so the alarm should have gone off. And my niece was randomly selected 3 times in one day, MK in the morning, front of Epcot and the back entrance of Epcot. They seem to take the next available person coming through bag check area once the machine is empty. She was also selected for HS on Saturday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom