Merchandise ~ You create it!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Really great ideas everyone!

Here's another...

Epcot jewelery! A member here (might have been in the crafting section) showed a necklace with the Epcot Center logo on it. I would love to have a necklace with the logo or even a Spaceship Earth shape on it.

yankspy

More HM stuff. Mini replicas of the tombstones, HM coffee mug, Stretching room posters, etc.

More pirates stuff. T-Shirts that are specific to the attraction and not the movie.

Every ride should have at least a coffee mug.

How about a replica of a people mover car or anything related to "If you had Wings".

It is getting better though. Last week I bought an HM shirt, Poly Shirt, and a pretty cool MK Mug that had characters from all the attractions posing on Main Street.

sueuk

Bumping this thread as I was putting our Disney tree up and found a porcelain Christmas ornament from Epcot 1994. Mickey and family decorating a spaceship - 'Seasons Greetings from Epcot Centre'. Very little was generic then :(

SMRT-1

what they could do with HM merch is endless...it's too bad all they have is that little cart with about 5 items on it.. the rest being Nightmare Before Christmas stuff you can get at every other gift shop on property.

sweetpee_1993

I have a laundry list of merch that's needed:

1. Resort specific stuff including refillable mugs. I have ornaments for every resort we've stayed at but 1. That 1 that I lack drives me up a wall. The mugs, I only have them for Pop. I'm not a fan of the mugs for the drink refill value which is why we haven't bought one since early 2007 (5 trips ago for me, 3 for the family). I've stayed at 4 resorts since then. That's 4 mugs I would've bought...

2. Park-specific or attraction-specific stuff. I see some items randomly sprinkled about but not near enough.

3. Better variety of pet items. Different character water/food dishes, collars, leashes, toys, blankets. Come on. Throw a dog a bone!

4. I'm in with retro stuff. Oh pleeeaaase give us girls some girl-fit tees w/the retro stuff?!

5. Bring back the old embroidery machines for the mouse ear embroidery. Period. Charge more for them if you must to make up for mess-ups. Just make it an option!

6. Mooooore designer partnership merch! Like the Lucky Brand tees they did last year. Hit me with some designer jeans w/a Disney twist. Hooray for the Disney Dooney bags...do the bigger sketch bags w/the colored backgrounds. Do something with Coach. Disney Ugg boots. Think of the fashionable brands & designers and go there. It's a whole world waiting to be tapped!

7. Do the furniture again! Years back just before they did away with Disney Store catalogs they had a few pieces of Disney-fied furniture in there. It wasn't kiddie stuff either. It was gorgeous stained wood pieces like an armoire & coffee table that had a Mickey stained in on one side. Give us adult Disney-lovers some pixie dust for our homes!

8. That leads me to the dinnerware & bedding. Yes, thank you for the versions you've given us grown-up kids in the last several years. My Mickey dishes & duvet sets rock. However, the last several options have all been so similar in style AND color palette that there's no need to shell out the big bucks for new stuff. Seriously. With the dishes, consider getting with a big name company to produce something of quality. I'd invest in full sets of china if I knew it would be stuff I could use and know my grandkids could someday inherit.

9. Give us heirloom-quality items again. Look at eBay! There's a whole world of vintage merch of all kinds out there. Unfortunately, none of the garbage made today will be the vintage collectables for future generations. This stuff won't last. Like recently I found a total kick-butt cuckoo clock on eBay for my aunt who is a Disney freak and clock collector. Was it an expensive piece? Heck yeah. Did either of us balk at it? Nope. We know it's a piece that will be handed down thru our Disney-infused family, too.

I could go on & on. Great topic. Love it!

Tooning

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
Scale models of the Disney parks...either full size or as a set that could be purchased separately based on attractions or lands or something.

Yes, I know there's the main st. buildings and the monorail sets out there already, but that isn't far enough...they really should have more offerings and I'd definitely pay good money for them!

Imagine being able to mix and match your own favorite attractions from the different parks around the world and making up your own park

I Really want that for my trains as I have 4 sections right now I have the 4 seasons but I am planning on creating the parks and if they built it it would be so much better than what I could do. I as well would pay good money for that. I can creat the raods and some buildiong but teh bigger rides and more detailed stuff would be awesome

rodserling27

More CD soundtracks!!! I can never get enough! Give us MSEP 2010, WDW full 20-minute versions of Haunted Mansion and Pirates, Complete Carousel of Progress soundtrack, the entrance music to MK and all the parks...gimme all that stuff. "Four Parks One World" collection was great, but I need MORE!!! (Thank GOD for Mousebits :) )

And give me some limited Vinyl Records too...enough with vinylmation, how's about vinyl MUSIC!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom