Meeting celebrities at WDW

Rowdy

Paul Menard .... I would even own up to meeting KB before that :ROFLOL:

Hahahaha, he was a very cool dude and a very nice guy. Plus his dad is a billionaire. I was hoping he'd accidentally drop a million out of his pocket. He wouldn't even notice!

BK31

I didn't know who he was, but in May of 2010 we met 'Big Mike' from Season 9 of American Idol in the Mitsukoshi store in Japan at EPCOT. My sister recognized him and talked a bit with him.

I didn't meet him per se - but I was walking behind George Lucas and his entourage when he was at DHS the morning of the dedication of the new Star Tours

Walt Disney1955

Did you make Emma Roberts apologize for Scream 4?

As a fan of the franchise I actually thought it was pretty good. Nothing can beat the original, just like American Pie, but doing a sequel 10 years after the fact isn't easy to lure the original fans. I thought they did alright.

Oh, and to respond to an above post is Carrot Top even a celebrity? If he weren't in the closing credits of the Hangover would anyone even have noticed him in the last 20 years?

tarin24u

I am also someone who doesn't pay close attention. I'm so excited to soak up all the Disney that the Brangelina crowd could walk past and I wouldn't notice :) The most famous people we've met are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Stitch, Snow White, Cinderella... ;)

But - my sister's kids met Steven Tyler and his family at DS when RNR opened.

SleepingMonk

They mostly stick the taking the backstage areas to get around the parks.

Sometimes I didn't realize who some of the people I listed were until I found out later. Like the time when I saw Courtney at Test Track, she had to walk past me (literally inches between us) on the unload side and I didn't know it was her until I got home hours later and saw it mentioned that she was at WDW in a thread here.

I guess so.

All those years and never a single celeb.

Then....we were just in London for all of a day and saw Nicole Scherzinger shopping in Harrods.

GeoDonJac34

I know this doesn't count, but one time when we were on our way to Disney we had connecting flights and we ran into Richard Simmons and another time Daryl Dawkins (chocolate thunder) of the Sixers at the airport. That was it for us.

PirateAngel

As we were being seated on the train at BTMMR, I looked up at the people departing the ride and noticed Calista Flockhart with her son.

DisneyDude10

I'm not sure if this counts, but in August of 2010 we were at DHS and they were filming an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The family was there and Ty was on the computer screen just like the show. They had an area roped off around the family, but we strolled by behind them and then we saw ourselves on the show!! In the background of course, but still kind of cool!

Timekeeper

I had the pleasure of meeting the man himself, David Copperfield, at Hollywood Studios during spring break this year!

That's great. It's always nice to meet a celebrity who also happens to be the best in their industry.

Anyone who is familiar with the weather in Florida during spring break will immediately wonder why he's wearing a black sweater with a black jacket... :eek: That's almost exactly what he's wearing in his new State Farm Insurance commercial. Imagine that his wardrobe closet must resemble the Men In Black closets.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
That's great. It's always nice to meet a celebrity who also happens to be the best in their industry.

Anyone who is familiar with the weather in Florida during spring break will immediately wonder why he's wearing a black sweater with a black jacket... :eek: That's almost exactly what he's wearing in his new State Farm Insurance commercial. Imagine that his wardrobe closet must resemble the Men In Black closets.

Seeing John Astin at a grocery store looking and speaking like Mr Addams is a real check in the head.

Tom

Beta Return

I believe he only owns black tee shirts, black pants, and various colored button-up over-shirts.

When he arrived at the theater and was walking around backstage talking on his cell phone, he was in his "pre show casual attire" and it was black jeans, a black tee, and an opened button-up shirt. When he went to the dressing room to dress for the show, he came out looking almost exactly the same...expect with the black leather jacket, since his opening illusion was the Shadow Box with the Motorcycle.

Timekeeper

I believe he only owns black tee shirts, black pants, and various colored button-up over-shirts.

When he arrived at the theater and was walking around backstage talking on his cell phone, he was in his "pre show casual attire" and it was black jeans, a black tee, and an opened button-up shirt. When he went to the dressing room to dress for the show, he came out looking almost exactly the same...expect with the black leather jacket, since his opening illusion was the Shadow Box with the Motorcycle.

He added a leather jacket to the appearing motorcycle? For years he's been dressed in his normal show (black pants, baby blue dress shirt unbuttoned over while long sleeve tshrit), without any "jacket," and kept that on until intermission, when he would switch out the blue shirt for a black one (also worn open and unbuttoned over the white). The blue/white combo should still be the same, unless he's removed the "through steel" effect from his illusion lineup, in which case his wardrobe may have changed.

DebbieL

Although I didn't meet them, I did see Joey Fatone at Jellyrolls once (he was called up on stage by the pianomen to sing Jesse's Girl), and saw Gary Sinise at an Off Kilter show. Didn't talk to him, just saw him with his family and a VIP Guide watching the show.

Tom

Beta Return
He added a leather jacket to the appearing motorcycle? For years he's been dressed in his normal show (black pants, baby blue dress shirt unbuttoned over while long sleeve tshrit), without any "jacket," and kept that on until intermission, when he would switch out the blue shirt for a black one (also worn open and unbuttoned over the white). The blue/white combo should still be the same, unless he's removed the "through steel" effect from his illusion lineup, in which case his wardrobe may have changed.

I'm 99.9% certain he had on the leather jacket when he appeared on the motorcycle in the shadowbox, but then took it off immediately and threw it to a stagehand, with his baby blue under it.

Again, this was in 2003 so my memory could be a TAD off. I saw that illusion from the side (in the wings). And now that I think about it....he may have changed into the black on white, because I think that's what he was wearing when he made the car appear and when he did the one where he took the kid to the beach (I forget the illusion names - I just know how they all work, lol).

Sounds like you're quite a fan of 'ol Mr. Kotkin, eh?

rufio

Original Poster

Haha! That actually never crossed my mind. It was warm, but it wasn't hot (it was March). There were even a few nights when I needed a jacket. But yes, this was the middle of the day and perhaps the entire getup was overkill.

baymenxpac

saw new york jets center nick mangold at the boardwalk this past february. even though i interact with pro athletes pretty regularly, i still had a little moment.

also to the guy who saw cito gaston: awesome! he truly is an amazing person.

also, on the issue of singers rising up through the utilidoors from underneath sonny eclipse: i can't speak for famous people, but that's how my local group appeared and where we performed back in 2002.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom