Meeting celebrities at WDW

SyracuseOrange

Robin Williams, Gary Sinise, Dan Marino, Brian Urlacher, Andrew McCarthy, Star Jones, Neil Patrick Harris, Christina Aguilera, the Princess of Morocco, Deep Roy, The Harlem Globetrotters, Thomas Gibson, Whoopi Goldberg, Shaq, David Robinson, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Aaron Rodgers, a few of the Chilean miners, Courtney , and others I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment.

You win.

SleepingMonk

Stayed across the hall from Tommy Hilfiger at the Hard Rock at Universal several years ago.

Never once in over 20 years and 100s of visits have I seen a single celebrity at a Disney property.

Walt Disney1955

Any baseball fan especially in Canada would know who Cito Gaston was. He was the manager of the Blue Jays during their glory years. I live an hour west of Toronto and I lived and breathed those championship teams. In 2002 I saw Cito sitting on a bench in front of Splash Mountain. I think he might have been there with his grandchildren. I approached him and he was very cordial and very mild mannered as usual.

I asked him what it was like back in the back-to-back World Series years and he stated they "had a lot of fun times." Then I asked him about the current Jays team and he and I both agreed there wasn't a lot to get excited about. The Jays in 2002 were no different than the 2012 version, never good enough to beat the Red Sox or the Yankees.

So it was an exciting moment for me

Slipknot

Never once in over 20 years and 100s of visits have I seen a single celebrity at a Disney property.

They mostly stick the taking the backstage areas to get around the parks.

Sometimes I didn't realize who some of the people I listed were until I found out later. Like the time when I saw Courtney at Test Track, she had to walk past me (literally inches between us) on the unload side and I didn't know it was her until I got home hours later and saw it mentioned that she was at WDW in a thread here.

The Duck

I didn't actually "meet" any celebrities but I saw George Takei when he left his footprints in cement at MGM several years ago. I also saw Wilford Brimley waiting in line for Kongfrontation at Universal.

graphite1326

I'm not sure whether I'm just young or sheltered, but I don't know who any of those people are... In any case, that's awesome! I never expected to meet anyone famous at WDW. Is it true that singers used to randomly come up out of the ground around the park and sing?

I don't know any of them either. I do know who David Copperifeld is

graphite1326

It's funny because I was about to post the same thing until I saw Dwayne Wade and Raven Symone. I've see quite a few people, but have never met them. I saw Gary Sinese from M:S, Kobe Bryant from, well you should know!!! Grant Hill from NBA and wife/singer Tamia. And that's about all I can remember.

I saw Carrot Top there once.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Over the years I have met:

1) Anthony Daniels (C3PO) at Boardwalk
2) Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat) at Boardwalk
3) John Cena (WWE)...yes at the Boardwalk
4) Raven Symone at Animal Kingdom Lodge

I'm not sure whether I'm just young or sheltered, but I don't know who any of those people are... In any case, that's awesome! I never expected to meet anyone famous at WDW. Is it true that singers used to randomly come up out of the ground around the park and sing?

wow

graphite1326

Stayed across the hall from Tommy Hilfiger at the Hard Rock at Universal several years ago.

I have met Tommy Hilfiger many years ago, since we are from the same town. I remember hsi store when he wasn't famous. I work with a few of his relatives.

ann0d

I am very unaware of the people around so I never see anyone, I am always looking the buildings.
My husband notices everything, but we never saw anyone.

OK, I lied, at the opening of Epcot Joan London (rmember her?) from Good Morning America was there broadcasting and we did walk by that. They had it all blocked off, but we did get a picture of her in front of Japan or China in a kimona.

Tom

Beta Return
Wow, how neat was that?? I met him [David Copperfield] some years ago after one of his shows. Very nice guy.

When I worked for Purdue's theater as a stagehand during college. He toured there and I was picked to work on his crew for the load-in and show. Met him and his entire crew, and had to sign my life away since I put together all of his illusions and props :zipit:

At WDW - no such luck. I don't believe I've ever encountered anyone famous, even in all the times I've visited.

pcarathers

Never saw him, but we were there the day the PRESIDENT shut down Main Street USA for half a day to give a 10 minute speech!...got to meet some of the secret service agents though....that was pretty cool! they really do wear the shades and ear pieces!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom