Meeting celebrities at WDW

Timekeeper

Haha! That actually never crossed my mind. It was warm, but it wasn't hot (it was March). There were even a few nights when I needed a jacket. But yes, this was the middle of the day and perhaps the entire getup was overkill.

Not hot in Florida during March? Are you kidding? I suppose it can be a little bit cool on some nights, but just look at the kids in the background. Looks pretty darn warm to me. :)

I'm 99.9% certain he had on the leather jacket when he appeared on the motorcycle in the shadowbox, but then took it off immediately and threw it to a stagehand, with his baby blue under it.

Again, this was in 2003 so my memory could be a TAD off. I saw that illusion from the side (in the wings). And now that I think about it....he may have changed into the black on white, because I think that's what he was wearing when he made the car appear and when he did the one where he took the kid to the beach (I forget the illusion names - I just know how they all work, lol).

Sounds like you're quite a fan of 'ol Mr. Kotkin, eh?

Okay, the jacket for the appearance comes and goes, so that makes more sense. If he did "Portal" (the "kid to the beach" as you put it), which would have been his finale (with "13" being his encore) back when you saw the show, then he would have been wearing blue and white, and nothing different. The black and white arrangement didn't come along until more recent years, and he changes from blue to black during a break in the middle of the show (because Portal is no longer a part of his lineup).

rufio

Original Poster
Not hot in Florida during March? Are you kidding? I suppose it can be a little bit cool on some nights, but just look at the kids in the background. Looks pretty darn warm to me. :)

I guess it just depends on your tolerance. I live in NC and it wasn't particularly hot. Actually, my fiance is from Alaska and it wasn't bad for him either. Maybe it was a particularly mild week?

Timekeeper

Anyone hanging around MGM Studios back in 1994/1995 would have likely run into (or attended the taping of) stars from the final seasons of the MMC, many of whom are huge celebrities now. It's a shame the show didn't continue for more seasons. It was a great SNL-like format for the pre-teen/teen audience.

Those were the good ol' days, before the hat...:cry:

Innkeeper's Club

This past December while I was staying at the Boardwalk Inn I happen to see Cat Cora who was staying in a Suite right across from my room. I found out she was there signing copies of her book at Kouzzina and was only staying one night. She was very nice when I did speak to hear in the Club Level lounge and I even got a picture with her.

AEfx

I saw Cameron Matheson (yes he is so freaking hot - more so in person) walking off of Star Tours with a camera crew waiting for him and his kid to jump out and say something catchy about the ride (this was during soft openings of 2.0). I saw the camera guys first, knew something was up, and kinda hung at the top of the stair case down and watched - I had a camera and was ready, but felt odd taking a pic of him once I saw his kid (even though they were already being filmed). The ladies at the office (and a few guys) were very upset with me about that one, LOL.

I watched Beyonce sing Silent Night 7 or 8 times in front of the castle, I was about ten feet from her at one point. I finally got bored and wandered off, but she looked amazing - and was quite a trooper, standing there in a white sleeveless dress and it spitting rain, she didn't miss a note (and was totally singing live the whole time). They must have ran her at least 15 times - but it appears most shots from the TV special were taken from the last one or two she must have done, as they are all showing a bright sun when for the majority of the recordings it was pretty dark and rainy.

Was a few feet away from George Lucas during Star Tours 2.0 ceremony, as well.

I feel like there are more...I've definitely met more celebs, but I think that's it for meeting/seeing them at WDW.

wonderbooty911

Back in '99, we saw Colin Powell at Magic Kingdom. We were eating at Pecos Bills and there he was with his wife, eating a burger at the table diagonal from us...wearing a very..."loud" hawaiian shirt.:lol:

Mike K

Today at Disneyland outside of Star Tours I met Johnny Yong Bosch from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. He took over as the black ranger after Walter Jones left the show. Johnny was really friendly and cool. Awesome to meet a childhood hero on vacation.

tare

Hulk hogans daughter walked right passes us at the poly--my husband pointed that out otherwise the only other really huge meaning star I met was mickey mouse!!!! He is a huge bug deal!!!!

mickeysbrother

star_trek_jeri_ryan.jpg

This ring any bells :wave:

Please tell me she was wearing this in the park!!!!!

mickeysbrother

Met howie from the backstreet boys walking in dtd with his at the time gf back in January 2000. Took pictures signed autographs for us. Even his gf got in the picture. Was a really fun 10 min. Great guy. Love when celebrities are not stuck up :)

tare

I would probably never approach a celeb even if I saw one--they are just trying to have fun like us regular people--I say leave them alone and enjoy!!

coilback

Remember that, it's where Sonny Eclipse is based now.
They sometimes use it as a stage. When I was working as an Ent Tech at the Pirate and Princess party, we had to rig the below deck stage for a band that was going to be playing during the event. Sonny can be moved. It's a pain sometimes to get that stage set up, but it's still used in that fashion for special events.

Nemo14

Several years ago, my son and I were at the show at Mickey's Birthday Land or whatever it was called then while my husband took our daughter on some of the bigger rides. I was sitting over on the side in case we had to make a hasty exit (he was a bit of a crank at times) when I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of men in suits circulating through the theater. It was then that I realized that Steven Speilberg and his family were sitting about 20 feet away. My son was too little to understand who he was at that point, so I just sat there in awe. I'm such a dork!

ctosh

on the 05 trip we seen Hugh Hefner and the girlfriends.. we ran into them several times.I have a good picture of him at DAK.
Also seen Demi Moore and Bruce Willis with their girls in 03 when we stayed at AKL..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom