Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, September 13 cont.

We soon arrived at Everest to have a dance with the Yeti. I can't remember if we had FP+ or not... it was a complete walk on so we ended up riding 3 times in a row. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_587d.jpg

Pretty lights in the queue. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5880.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_587e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58aa.jpg

These people must have read @wdisney9000's report. :bookworm:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58ab.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58ac.jpg

We decided that 3 times was enough and moved on to Dinoland. :) We passed this handsome fella as we walked to our next ride. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5881.jpg

I try so hard to not be startled by this ride and every time I fail. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58ad.jpg

We'd had enough of AK for the day so started making our way out. We stopped to watch these neat little guys near the exit. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5884.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5885.jpg

See you next time AK!

blreinsel

Original Poster

Epcot was our next stop! We saw this interesting car in the parking lot. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5886.jpg

It was such a beautiful day! Hard to believe just days prior a massive hurricane was tearing the place apart.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5887.jpg

Mission Space had been down for refurbishment when we visited in June, so Dylan had yet to experience it. It was a 10 minute wait so today was the day. :) He was amazed by the fact that there was this entire area of Epcot that he had no idea existed. :hilarious: We did the orange mission and had a great time!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5888.jpg

Next, we had a FP+ for Test Track. We were ushered into the room to create our car and we came up with this little gem.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5889.jpg

We made our way into the waiting area and stood... and stood... and stood. Long story short, the ride was down and we were led out about 15 minutes later. People had to be evacuated out of the ride so I'm not sure what happened. We then headed for WS to enjoy some F&W deliciousness! :hungry: First stop: Canada!

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce ($8)
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll ($5)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_588b.jpg

Both dishes were amazzzzing! :hungry: We'd get both of them again! Our next dish was from France.

Boeuf Bourguignon, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Cabernet Sauvignon Braised Beef with Mashed Potatoes ($6.25)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_588c.jpg

This was good, too, but I probably wouldn't get it again.

We continued our journey around the WS in search of something sweet. We passed by the Plain White T's performing.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_588d.jpg

I finally settled on this sweet treat from the Earth Eats booth. :hungry:

Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle ($3.50)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_588f.jpg

SO GOOD! :hungry: I'd definitely get this one again.

Another Epcot experience that Dylan hadn't had yet was Club Cool.. we ventured inside and he was intrigued! Unfortunately, I missed him trying Beverly. :oops: I saw him going for it but I knew if I got my camera out he wouldn't drink it. You'll just have to trust me that his reaction was everything I hoped it would be. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5890.jpg

Enjoying something much better than Beverly. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5893.jpg

We made our way out after we finished our sampling and headed for Hollywood Studios!

blreinsel

Original Poster

We got sidetracked on our way and decided to stop at McDonalds for some food that didn't cost an arm and a leg. :rolleyes: They were unfortunately still out of a ton of stuff because of Irma, but we found something to fill our bellies.

I've never been inside before, but guys... Disney literally has the nicest McDonalds that I've ever seen. :eek: Not that I'm surprised by that, but it was awesome! Lol
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5896.jpg

We finished our food and finally made it to HS.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5897.jpg

We had a FP+ for RnRC so that was our first stop. Apparently our ride picture didn't make it onto my account so this is all I have for you. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5898.jpg

Next stop was Tower of Terror. We also had a FP+ for this but it was a complete walk on.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5899.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58a7.jpg

Possibly the most surprising thing to happen today was a 10 minute wait for Toy Story Mania that was actually a 0 minute wait. :eek: It was fun to walk through the queue, especially for Dylan since he's only ever ridden with a FP+. He was determined to beat me and put an end to my winning streak.

He failed. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_589c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_589b.jpg

We headed out after that, passing by the future entrance to Toy Story Land that has made some great progress in the last few weeks! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_589e.jpg

A full day at Disney is the perfect way to settle back in after a hurricane evacuation. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I can't stop laughing at that outfit! Who does that?

The things you see when people watching! Lol I couldn't stop staring. Dylan scolded me like I was a child. :hilarious:

I mean at least she tried with the animal print right?! lol some people's fashion choices just cannot be explained! :p

I always wanted to go to the mcdonalds Lol

Hahaha it was a good effort. :hilarious: The vine shawl or whatever it is was puzzling to me. :rolleyes:

Loving all the loving all the short wait times and the walk ons. Something I'm sure you will be able to take advantage of now living there.

It was awesome while it lasted but it was short lived. :cautious: We were at MK on Saturday and it was terrible. We rode two rides, ate,, and left. I've been monitoring wait times and they've been the same as they were all summer. Grrrrr.

Cant tell if the two girls in the rear are dabbing or "walking like an Egyptian", lol.

Maybe a new pose for you in November? :p

I believe the woman in line for KS was just an example of incredible Disney themeing. :eek: I would love to hear @Tuvalu 's take on it.

Now you have me wanting to go to the McDonald's!

Hahaha there is somebody who is incredibly corrupt in the theming department if that's the case. :hilarious:

Not touching it with a ten foot pole...........

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: No snark?

I'm honestly surprised leopard woman was let into the parks looking like that.

And yay for first tries on Beverly but boo for fiances who are quick to realize they are being tricked! I'm sure that would have been a fantastic photo!

Good point... they make a big deal out of costumes for MNSSHP being appropriate so why would this be any different?

He's a pain! It would have been such a good memory! :hilarious:

newhorizons1

Good point... they make a big deal out of costumes for MNSSHP being appropriate so why would this be any different?

He's a pain! It would have been such a good memory! :hilarious:

Yeah, I don't see it being much different. That's one of those outfits that I would cover my childrens' eyes while simultaneously not be able to look away.

I couldn't get my husband to try the Beverly because he doesn't drink carbonated beverages. Ugh, men...:hilarious:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, September 16

Today we had plans to meet up with some WDWMagic friends so we were off to the Poly! :) We walked through the lobby and saw this. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58af.jpg

There were several other groups in matching outfits standing nearby, so I'm not sure if these performances are a regular thing or if it was something special? We got a kick out of them either way. :joyfull:

We arrived a few minutes before the others, so we spent a few minutes watching the boats out on the water.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b0.jpg

Soon, everybody arrived and we decided on lunch from Captain Cook's.. Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos for the win! I stand by my previous statement that the ones from Tambu Lounge are better. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58a0.jpg

We spent a few hours chatting about trips, Irma, work, and life in general.. but mostly discussing our plans for making Disney better. A real committee, of sorts. :p We all had plans to attend to, so we eventually said our goodbyes. But not before a picture courtesy of a 10 year old who was also trying to corral 4 young children. :rolleyes: I've already said it, but I'll say it again... @lostpro9het, @imahistorygeek, and @Zipitidoda - it was so nice meeting all of you and spending some time together! Disney friends are the best friends. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_589f.jpg

We headed off to Hollywood Studios.. I think we had a FP+ for RnRC. A girl in front of us in line informed her friend that doing single rider lines is great and that she's done it so many times. She proceeded to list all of the rides that she'd done via single rider, including Splash Mountain. o_O
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58a8.jpg

The main reason for heading to HS today was so that we could see the models for Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land (or whatever the fancy name is). :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b2.jpg

I think I'm more excited about this ride than anything else. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b4.jpg

We spent some time exploring One Man's Dream before heading to our next FP+.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, September 16

We checked into our hotel and decided on the service elevator to make our way to our room. NEVER. AGAIN. :p Lies... I'd do it a million more times.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58a9.jpg

We headed out after our ride, but we weren't going home yet! We were trying to get to the Boardwalk, but when we pulled up to park we were told that the lot was full and we'd have to do valet if we wanted in. The CM told us to try and park at Beach Club (I think? I can't remember which one is which. :oops:) He also told us not to tell that he'd sent us over there. :rolleyes: The CM at that parking lot entrance gave us a hard time but did eventually let us in.

Okay. If I'm not a resort guest, what the heck am I supposed to do? Last time I checked, you're allowed to tour the resorts without staying there. You're allowed to book dining reservations there. You're allowed to go to the bars for a drink or the QS for lunch. Why is it always such a big deal when you pull up to the gate? I'm serious... If anybody has an answer, please share. As a FL resident, I hit up the resorts for different things on a regular basis and I want to know what the correct way to do that is. :cautious: End rant.

We arrived and began our walk toward the Boardwalk!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b8.jpg

The smell is as amazing as everybody says. :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58b9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58ba.jpg

We took the scenic route. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58bb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58bc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58bd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_58be.jpg

It was a gorgeous evening and we were really enjoying our walk around the Boardwalk!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom