Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm with you. While it was a nice ride, I'm interested to see how they transition it to the Mickey Ride. And I think it's trackless, which sounds awesome.

Me too! After experiencing FOP, I'm ecstatic for anything new Disney throws our way!

I have a hard time with tervis tumblers. I only need one a day to bring my OJ to work, but I keep wanting to get more.

I have trouble with those too. :hilarious:

When we were at HS we saw a bunch of guys with those big bags walking together. We decided that they must be the Storm Troopers lugging their gear.

It was odd. :bored: He was certainly moving quickly.. on a mission of some sort. ;)

Gurt

For some reason I have stopped getting notifications for your thread but I am all caught up all the way back from page 7! Sounds like life is going great for you guys :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Your engagement photos are PERFECT!

Thank you! I'm a little biased, but I think they're pretty perfect too. :inlove:

For some reason I have stopped getting notifications for your thread but I am all caught up all the way back from page 7! Sounds like life is going great for you guys :)

Hmmm wonder what's up with that? Still lots of fun being had in this thread! :p Life in Florida is amazing!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Loved your engagement pics!! @sheriffwoody did a great job!!! I'm not jealous at all or anything!!

And the MU hat is the best! I kicked myself
For not buying it while I was there, thank gosh for the disney parks app!! Now I've been obsessively stalking the rose gold ears..

I'm basic I guess lol

Thank you! :inlove: We talked about how gorgeous yours were during our session (or at the Poly the night before.. I can't remember which. :rolleyes:) We're both lucky girls!

I'm obsessed with my hat! Lol. I wish there were more cute hats now. :( I'm currently trying to convince myself that I don't need Halloween ears. :p

cfry06

I know I already commented on Instagram (and ended up with an autocorrect error, too :banghead:), however I have to comment again - your pictures are just beautiful!! You both look so very happy. Florida suits you both! :D Great work, @sheriffwoody !

So cool that D works for the Mouse! My husband is planning to golf in December - I'll have to make sure he looks out!

This thread is so fun! Thank you for sharing. And you will LOVE food & wine - except for the crowds!!

Doc Disney

2. I was walking to a FP+ behind a group of 20-something-year-old passholders (they had the things on their bands saying so at least) who had the following conversation...
"Imagine a Mickey ice cream sandwich. It would be so cool!"
"Yeah but they probably couldn't make it in the shape of a Mickey."

:bored: You're passholders but have never had a Mickey ice cream sandwich? Or at least SEEN one?

3. Waiting in line for Test Track...
"So we're gonna each lunch and then ride the ball and then look at the cities?"
:banghead:

:banghead::banghead: I've noticed more and more AP holders (especially when using the AP line to get in) who have no clue what they are doing ! Interesting that you have an AP but you are not a park veteran. I guess unless you just moved to Florida or only got a pass for the discounts or something...who knows....
I literally can NOT stand when people refer to Spaceship Earth as the ball or the golf ball. I have no idea why it irritates me so much :joyfull: Anytime we overhear someone saying it my family looks over to me in fear I may lose it :p:p:p

prfctlyximprct

Thank you! :inlove: We talked about how gorgeous yours were during our session (or at the Poly the night before.. I can't remember which. :rolleyes:) We're both lucky girls!

I'm obsessed with my hat! Lol. I wish there were more cute hats now. :( I'm currently trying to convince myself that I don't need Halloween ears. :p

I will relay the compliment To my cousin!! She did a great job, she usually does newborn shoots and let me just tell you, I may or may not have a Pinterest folder filled of disney inspired newborn shoots. ;) But she did a great job on the pics I must agree! However mine were not in the world like yours :( can I come visit you now? Muhaha

I wish there were more cute hats now too! My friend has been looking nonstop for this guardians of the galaxy hat but I think it's exclusive to Disneyland because I cannot find it anywhere! I am on a mission for role gold ears, so if you see them I will pay you!!!

My best friend is leaving tomorrow with her family, I gave her a list of merchandise LOL. Gosh I wish I was going or lived close!!!! Can I be you?!? :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I know I already commented on Instagram (and ended up with an autocorrect error, too :banghead:), however I have to comment again - your pictures are just beautiful!! You both look so very happy. Florida suits you both! :D Great work, @sheriffwoody !

So cool that D works for the Mouse! My husband is planning to golf in December - I'll have to make sure he looks out!

This thread is so fun! Thank you for sharing. And you will LOVE food & wine - except for the crowds!!

Thank you! :inlove: I still obsess over them on a daily basis! Lol. We are absolutely loving Florida life!

Perhaps your husband and Dylan can chat about their strange significant others who are obsessed with WDW and gush about it in an online forum on a daily basis? :p

Thanks for following! :) I can't wait for F&W! Hoping the summer crowds have somewhat prepared me for those crowds lol. We definitely have an advantage being so close, though. No need to fight the crowds all day long if it gets overwhelming. :rolleyes:

:banghead::banghead: I've noticed more and more AP holders (especially when using the AP line to get in) who have no clue what they are doing ! Interesting that you have an AP but you are not a park veteran. I guess unless you just moved to Florida or only got a pass for the discounts or something...who knows....
I literally can NOT stand when people refer to Spaceship Earth as the ball or the golf ball. I have no idea why it irritates me so much :joyfull: Anytime we overhear someone saying it my family looks over to me in fear I may lose it :p:p:p

I was blown away.. there are certain things that are just general Disney knowledge, acquired from simply being in the park. Or so I thought at least lol. I hate nicknames for Spaceship Earth, too! I get annoyed by a lot of "non Disney expert" comments and misconceptions come to think of it lol.

I will relay the compliment To my cousin!! She did a great job, she usually does newborn shoots and let me just tell you, I may or may not have a Pinterest folder filled of disney inspired newborn shoots. ;) But she did a great job on the pics I must agree! However mine were not in the world like yours :( can I come visit you now? Muhaha

I wish there were more cute hats now too! My friend has been looking nonstop for this guardians of the galaxy hat but I think it's exclusive to Disneyland because I cannot find it anywhere! I am on a mission for role gold ears, so if you see them I will pay you!!!

My best friend is leaving tomorrow with her family, I gave her a list of merchandise LOL. Gosh I wish I was going or lived close!!!! Can I be you?!? :)

I've seen so many adorable Disney newborn shots... I can't stand the cuteness overload!!! If she did that great of a job on your pictures (that aren't her speciality), I can't imagine how amazing your someday baby pictures are going to be!

You know you're always welcome to come visit. ;) I can take advantage of the AP "bring a friend" promotion till Sept. 30, so no rush or anything. :p Darn those last minute business trips in Florida that keep popping up!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the rose gold ears! I've yet to see a single pair in any of the parks, but I'm not a quitter. :rolleyes:

DisneyMorgan

I looked for you on Saturday! But I saw on insta you were at HS. We were at AK all day. There's always next trip!

Seriously though, still loving all of your Disney adventures! I talked to so many locals this weekend and they said they never get tired of going, each time is just more magical than the last. I'm so jealous!

Engagement pics :inlove: so beautiful!

Congrats to Dylan on his new job!! That's so exciting!!

@prfctlyximprct I was also looking for the rose gold ears this weekend, and overheard a CM say they would not get any more in until September! I'll be stalking the parks shopping app constantly!

Songbird76

I was blown away.. there are certain things that are just general Disney knowledge, acquired from simply being in the park. Or so I thought at least lol. I hate nicknames for Spaceship Earth, too! I get annoyed by a lot of "non Disney expert" comments and misconceptions come to think of it lol.
I'm amazed by how little research people do before hand. When you are spending so much on a vacation, don't you want to get the most out of it? I was at a birthday party for my friend's son on Sunday and one of our other friends just got back from Disneyland Paris and I was asking her questions and she didn't know what the rides were called or anything. She started describing one that "was very nice" where you are in a little boat and you go around and see things from all the different countries and cultures. And a roller coaster that was something with a turtle.:rolleyes: And they didn't use fast passes because you couldn't go on the ride right then, you had to come back later, which was such a waste of time. No...you know what's a waste of time? Standing in a line for an hour when you could have gone back later and only stood in line for 15 minutes!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I looked for you on Saturday! But I saw on insta you were at HS. We were at AK all day. There's always next trip!

Seriously though, still loving all of your Disney adventures! I talked to so many locals this weekend and they said they never get tired of going, each time is just more magical than the last. I'm so jealous!

Engagement pics :inlove: so beautiful!

Congrats to Dylan on his new job!! That's so exciting!!

@prfctlyximprct I was also looking for the rose gold ears this weekend, and overheard a CM say they would not get any more in until September! I'll be stalking the parks shopping app constantly!

Darn it! I spent a few hours solo at HS on Saturday and then we were at AK on Sunday. Definitely next time. :)

I've yet to feel any sort of "meh" about going to the parks or resorts and we've gone at least once a week since we moved. There's always something new to see and do, and even doing the usual things doesn't get old! Dylan is appreciating it more and more each time we go too, so that definitely helps. ;)

Thank you! :joyfull: Kristi did a phenomenal job!

He's loving the job! Being a CM comes with some great perks too, so I'm pretty happy about that. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed by how little research people do before hand. When you are spending so much on a vacation, don't you want to get the most out of it? I was at a birthday party for my friend's son on Sunday and one of our other friends just got back from Disneyland Paris and I was asking her questions and she didn't know what the rides were called or anything. She started describing one that "was very nice" where you are in a little boat and you go around and see things from all the different countries and cultures. And a roller coaster that was something with a turtle.:rolleyes: And they didn't use fast passes because you couldn't go on the ride right then, you had to come back later, which was such a waste of time. No...you know what's a waste of time? Standing in a line for an hour when you could have gone back later and only stood in line for 15 minutes!!

I completely agree! People complain so much about FP+ because it has to be done so far in advance but like?? If you've done your research, it shouldn't be a big deal. I'd rather have to make some plans far in advance than wait 120 minutes for a 3 minute ride. :bored:

Beautiful photos! :)

Thank you! :)

LisaBelle

I am soooo far behind on my TR reading. The beginning of the school year and my DD's volleyball season are hogging all my time, lol!
LOVE your engagement photos! So special that @sheriffwoody was your photographer. Definitely a dream come true for a Disney lover to get engaged at Disney and have your engagement photos taken there as well!
Your photo with Richard is adorable. I hope to meet him some day!
I can't imagine how wonderful it is to be able to pop over to whichever Disney park or resort you feel like visiting on any given day :happy:. Retirement goals!
So excited to hear that Dylan is working for Mickey!
Hope your school year is off to a good start. I always forget how exhausting the beginning of the year can be. I don't want to get off the couch, but Allie's volleyball game is calling, lol!
Looking forward to reading about the fall decor and Food & Wine.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Beautiful engagement photos!

I hope the school year and new job are starting out well for you!

Thank you! It's been a bit of a rough start, but we're getting there lol.

I am soooo far behind on my TR reading. The beginning of the school year and my DD's volleyball season are hogging all my time, lol!
LOVE your engagement photos! So special that @sheriffwoody was your photographer. Definitely a dream come true for a Disney lover to get engaged at Disney and have your engagement photos taken there as well!
Your photo with Richard is adorable. I hope to meet him some day!
I can't imagine how wonderful it is to be able to pop over to whichever Disney park or resort you feel like visiting on any given day :happy:. Retirement goals!
So excited to hear that Dylan is working for Mickey!
Hope your school year is off to a good start. I always forget how exhausting the beginning of the year can be. I don't want to get off the couch, but Allie's volleyball game is calling, lol!
Looking forward to reading about the fall decor and Food & Wine.

I totally hear ya! I use the weekends to try and get caught up on TRs, but it seems like there's always tons of other stuff I have to catch up on over the weekends, too. :rolleyes:

Our engagement session was SO special. It's still so crazy to me that I joined this forum to feed my hunger for Disney and ended up making some great friends along with it! :)

It really is amazing to be able to go to Disney whenever I feel like it. Got a craving for a certain snack? No problem! Lol.

Dylan is loving working for the Mouse! CM's get some pretty great perks so we're looking forward to taking advantage of those in the coming months. :D

The beginning of the year is ROUGH... Lol. I have some really tough behaviors to manage, so that's taken a lot out of me. I'm looking forward to finally getting in a groove and starting to see things running like clockwork, though I know that won't happen for a few months yet. :p I hope your year is off to a great start! Maybe we'll catch up on sleep after we retire. ;)

I got to see the Fall decorations for the first time today! :inlove: I have a few trips to catch up on... hoping to get them written up tomorrow!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, August 20

Dylan was working until 1pm and we had plans to meet up for a day at AK after he was finished. I decided to head over a little early because I was hungry and who eats at home when you can eat at Disney? :p I was craving some Pulled Pork Nachos from the Poly and that put me in great proximity to the golf courses to meet up with Dylan.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56e7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56e9.jpg

These were good, but not nearly as good as the variation I'd had at Tambu lounge the week prior. Very similar, but not exactly the same. :rolleyes: Capt. Cook's gives an AP discount, FYI!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56e8.jpg

Dylan texted me shortly after I ordered to see where I wanted to meet up. He soon joined me and had a beer while I ate. :) I also decided that I needed dessert... is there really any other choice?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56ea.jpg

We then made our way to AK, stopping to watch these two torment each other for a few minutes on our way into the park. :D
HtIEmxZqTP+05aqSFrGKiA_thumb_56ee.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f1.jpg

Our first FP+ was for Dinosaur.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5735.jpg

We had some time before our next FP+, so slowly meandered toward Asia.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56f4.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom