"Mean" Cast Members

Marijil

mousermerf said:
Trying to get someone fired because you don't like what they say - as it clashes with your dellusions - is attacking them at their job for a personal dispute.

i didn't try to get anyone fired and i have no d-e-l-u-s-i-o-n-s, i merely suggested accountability

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Mkt, True.

About names - the only need for a name would be so you could call Disney and throw a fit. I have had that happen here.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Marijil said:
now that we know how to feel..........i would love to see one of the opionated, guest hating CMs posting here put your name on some of this crap since your jobs are so miserable anyway....now wouldn't that be reality??

Thats in contrast to the opinionated, self righteous CM hating rest of us that know how to do their jobs better than them, that understand by first-hand experience what they are trying (maybe not well) to explain. There are so many of the rest of us providing our names and contact information.

Maybe you and Merlin and Timmay can show them how they should interact with others by example.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
#1- Disney taught me one thing... "If mom says no, go ask dad"

#2- Disney doesn't need anything more than a screen name to find out your contact information. I've gotten their nastygrams before.... and that was before I began to meet people on these boards. I got a phone call from them to my private number and received an email at an address I don't give out freely. So they can very easily find out who you are.

Marijil

mousermerf said:
Mkt, True.

About names - the only need for a name would be so you could call Disney and throw a fit. I have had that happen here.

to be completely honest that never crossed my mind...i was thinking that someone there probably reads this stuff....that's all.....

by the way when you think about it we are both the suckers....the CMs I've read here intimate that they are not paid enough to deal with guests who are trouble....and the guests are of the mindset: I'm paying soooooo(and we really are) much that everyone should be extra nice to me....

so they charge us too much and pay you not enough....hmmmmm, who is winning?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Makes ya wonder what Mouseplanet and Dtroops will do for articles without Eisner - oh that's right! Keep reporting each others' rumors and using each other for confirmation of those rumors!

pluto77

DisneyDavO said:
I have never had a real problem with any cm. But after reading this entire thread, I think I will never look at them the same way. I will be looking for signs of their utter dislike of me, and this will inevitably cause me to treat them differently. I may even be LOOKING for things to be confrontational about.

Thanx for opening my eyes.
This thread is about rude guests. If you've never had a problem with a CM your probably not the person people on this thread are talking about. However, if you choose to start looking for confrontation then that's your choice if you want to be the guest that the CM complains about for the rest of the day.

GenieGirl

Wow! I spent a good chunk of today sitting here reading all of the messages and feel like another CM pov needs to come in. Too many of my teammates have spoken on the bad things that happen and the generalizations, but not all of us are like that.

First of all, I am an entertainment CM. I have worked for either Universal or Disney doing this for over 6 years. In that time I have been groped, punched, kicked, fondled, felt up, felt down, yelled at, cursed at and most recently had my breast grabbed and twisted. When the situation is too bad, I take myself off stage until I either calm down or the offensive guest has left the area. The last time anything happened was Saturday Evening at MNSSHP when a pre-teen boy thought it would be fun to kick me twice and then grab my breast and twist it. I was not in an area where I could leave and I could not get security to handle the situation, but I did remove myself from that guest.

Now, I was not rude to the next guest in line. I put a smile on my face (that they could not see) and performed my role to the next guest in line. Did I complain about that guest when I got backstage---yes. Do I judge all guests based on that one? NO! I don't know where he was from, where he was staying or anything else about him. He was one kid.

With me, the bad ones fade away. Yes I have been treated poorly by guests. Yes I will talk about them backstage with my co-workers for a few minutes. No I do not judge all guests by them or let them effect how I deal with others. Yes there are cast members who tend to focus on the negative instead of all the positive. I would rather remember the cute baby who sat on my lap, the awesome costumes I saw, the guests who said please and thank you on their own, than the random one who abused me.

Maybe I am an anomoly, but I have seen many people forget that part of their role is to create magic, which means being polite to everyone.......even if they have treated you like dirt.

*flame retardant suit is now on*

Marijil

GenieGirl said:
Wow! I spent a good chunk of today sitting here reading all of the messages and feel like another CM pov needs to come in. Too many of my teammates have spoken on the bad things that happen and the generalizations, but not all of us are like that.

First of all, I am an entertainment CM. I have worked for either Universal or Disney doing this for over 6 years. In that time I have been groped, punched, kicked, fondled, felt up, felt down, yelled at, cursed at and most recently had my breast grabbed and twisted. When the situation is too bad, I take myself off stage until I either calm down or the offensive guest has left the area. The last time anything happened was Saturday Evening at MNSSHP when a pre-teen boy thought it would be fun to kick me twice and then grab my breast and twist it. I was not in an area where I could leave and I could not get security to handle the situation, but I did remove myself from that guest.

Now, I was not rude to the next guest in line. I put a smile on my face (that they could not see) and performed my role to the next guest in line. Did I complain about that guest when I got backstage---yes. Do I judge all guests based on that one? NO! I don't know where he was from, where he was staying or anything else about him. He was one kid.

With me, the bad ones fade away. Yes I have been treated poorly by guests. Yes I will talk about them backstage with my co-workers for a few minutes. No I do not judge all guests by them or let them effect how I deal with others. Yes there are cast members who tend to focus on the negative instead of all the positive. I would rather remember the cute baby who sat on my lap, the awesome costumes I saw, the guests who said please and thank you on their own, than the random one who abused me.

Maybe I am an anomoly, but I have seen many people forget that part of their role is to create magic, which means being polite to everyone.......even if they have treated you like dirt.

well said

mkt said:
I wouldn't go THAT far, but I know Disney tends to shoot themselves in the foot by overzealous termination at some points and then not being able to staff themselves when they need the help.

example, 2003-2004.... Disney cleaned the house, terminating people for things that should have at least warranted an investigation. Now they're beyond short staffed, and many former CM's who would be willing to come back to work can't return due to no rehire status in the company.

But this is Disney's problem, not mine. They can deal with it.

That is exactly what happened to a dear friend at the Floridian Cafe. Someone handed her a soup and told her to take it to the book keeper. Next thing she knows is she is fired for stealing food. She took her own food to eat every day. I had visited her house and she was always stocked, so I know the charge was horse hockey.

As I saw it with other "edumicated" people, Disney was cutting only full timers for slim reasons to cut back on paying benifits. Then they hired part timers by the boat loads. So there is the "bad" apples. My theory is that these people could care less as it was just another job to them. Hence the "mean" perception. The full timers needed the benifits and as a result were driven to provide the best service. Just a thought.

robynchic

GenieGirl said:

That's why I've said that for every bad guest, I could give 2 good guest stories. I do like to remember the good guests. But one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that in my 2 years 4 (nearly 5) months of being statused with the company, I've really only worked 7-8 months. I have isolated instances, because I'm seasonal. I'm sure that if I was full-time or part-time, not having the 4 seperate times I've been working, that I would have forgotten many of the bad guest stories I have, in favor of the good guests (aw...I'm just thinking of some of the cute little kids I've played with). It could just be our seperate concepts, because you are full-time.

Anyway. I'm going to be a good college student and do my homework.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A note.. or thought, what have you...

I sometimes think entertianment gets ruffed-up, but the verbal abuse other CMs take is just outrageous. The entertainment CMs are not "themselves" when they're getting the abuse, but other CMs are - so it makes more personal and intolerable.

Treatment that would constitute abuse in pretty much any court is often thrown around by guests with no repurcussions. Disney needs a CM Bill of Rights.

Guests who violate it need to be tossed from the park permanently. Everyone else can stay and be happy.

I wouldn't be so passionate about the subject if it was once in a blue moon or even jsut on Thursdays that these things happened. They happen every day to pretty much every CM I work with - it's ridiculous.

No one deserves to be treated like that, ever.

Stupid annoying things, like stepping on my toe or bumping into me or asking me a really dumb question would be okay if it wasn't in addition to real abuse.

Marijil

mousermerf said:
Treatment that would constitute abuse in pretty much any court is often thrown around by guests with no repurcussions. Disney needs a CM Bill of Rights.

Guests who violate it need to be tossed from the park permanently. Everyone else can stay and be happy.

I wouldn't be so passionate about the subject if it was once in a blue moon or even jsut on Thursdays that these things happened. They happen every day to pretty much every CM I work with - it's ridiculous.

No one deserves to be treated like that, ever.

Not to recycle the same circular argument...but if i felt that way about a job...i'd quit

pluto77

robynchic said:
That's why I've said that for every bad guest, I could give 2 good guest stories. I do like to remember the good guests.
I was just going to say that. Some people seem to think that CMs are horrible now. But this topic is about rude guests, if this was a topic about "guests that made your day" or something I'm sure there would be just as many stories.

GenieGirl

I have dealt with guests as myself as well....as an entertainment attendant (greeter) and as an attractions hostess. I agree that there are SOME guests that give you a lot of attitude (including some tour groups) but out of ALL of the guests you see all day long, the rude ones seem to be the minority.

No, CM's do not deserve to be treated like crap, however it is one of the things you have to accept when working in the service industry. I cannot work behind a desk (i get bored waaaay to easily) and this makes me happy. I knew coming back to Disney that I would deal with stupid people....and that is how I tend to look at them. They do not deserve to have the power to ruin my day just because they are crabby. My day and my attitude needs to be determined by me and if it is bad, then I cannot let others see it when I am on stage.

Marijil

GenieGirl said:
I have dealt with guests as myself as well....as an entertainment attendant (greeter) and as an attractions hostess. I agree that there are SOME guests that give you a lot of attitude (including some tour groups) but out of ALL of the guests you see all day long, the rude ones seem to be the minority.

No, CM's do not deserve to be treated like crap, however it is one of the things you have to accept when working in the service industry. I cannot work behind a desk (i get bored waaaay to easily) and this makes me happy. I knew coming back to Disney that I would deal with stupid people....and that is how I tend to look at them. They do not deserve to have the power to ruin my day just because they are crabby. My day and my attitude needs to be determined by me and if it is bad, then I cannot let others see it when I am on stage.

oh...i like this lady

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom