MDE app and website are both down, when will they be fixed???

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Disneyland seems to be at least somewhat functional. Disney World is currently redirecting to a very dated maintenance page: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/down-for-maint.html

Working in the web design/maintenance field: it's not unusual for major changes to take a site offline for a bit. A few hours is quite a long time for a site upgrade though, and it's odd that it would happen in the middle of the day (these things usually are done at 3am when the smallest subset of people will be affected
They had to check the specs on the endline for the ...rotary...girder...

-Thomas Callahan

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171019_104103.jpg
Hm that's interesting. Been quite a while since they have displayed this screen

Radeksgrl

Original Poster
Think it's time to leave the park. If the only way to make additional FPs is to wait in a really long line at a kiosk for extremely limited fp availability there is no point in staying.

Weather_Lady

It's not functional for me at all, either (just checked a moment ago and still getting error messages).

No biggie as today isn't a "deadline" day for me, but if it was and I was trying to make ADRs or FP+, I'd be losing my ever-loving mind right now...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
An explanation of why it works for some and not others.

Large systems like this are typically distributed across numerous physical servers and physical locations. Depending on which part of the system you are connecting to, may determine if you have access or not.

It is unlikely that you can do anything from your side (such as reinstalling apps), as the problem is on the server side.

Radeksgrl

Original Poster
Yeah this is super annoying, especially since its working for some people but not all (and of course im in the "not all" category).

I'm local so it's not quite as bad as if I'd travelled a long distance. But it's still a waste of the day off I had!

Radeksgrl

Original Poster

Large systems like this are typically distributed across numerous physical servers and physical locations. Depending on which part of the system you are connecting to, may determine if you have access or not.

It is unlikely that you can do anything from your side (such as reinstalling apps), as the problem is on the server side.
Thanks for the info!

DocMcHulk

As an IT guy, this is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom