MCU Phase 4 and beyond

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Black Widow doesn't take place between Infinity War and Endgame, that was confirmed by Scarlet Johansson. It'll take place between Black Panther and Homecoming.
Sorry I misspoke, not sure why I put Endgame.

It takes place between Civil War and Infinity War. So while you are technically correct because those two films do happen between CW and IW, the events are suppose to cover between the entire CW and IW section of the MCU timeline. And even other parts of the MCU timeline with flashbacks:

ppete1975

So i’m wondering if the popularity of marvel will be a “casualty” of covid as well?

Another 6 months of further lag already puts them far out from the last release of July 2019.

We’ll see...i’m sure they’ll continue to make solid bucks. It’s just interesting to see if the appetite is still the same. It was - no pun - the endgame prior to this long break as is.
I think marvel will be as popular as ever, mainly after all of this is over people will need an escape from the real world and the more outlandish and fiction the better. We have seen it in the past. Sad realistic movies will prob be what will get hit the most, nobody will want to be brought down any further. Thanos and the snap will prob be avoided. Which brings me to a what if. If infinity war was being developed now, do you think they might redo the whole thing, with half the population being wiped out with a finger snap.

Disney Maddux

So, as of rn:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 7 - May 2020 (ABC)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - August 2020 (Disney+)
Venom 2 - October 2nd, 2020
Helstrom - October 2020 (Hulu)
Black Widow - November 6th, 2020
M.O.D.O.K. - November 2020 (Hulu)
WandaVision - December 2020 (Disney+)
Eternals - February 12th, 2021
Loki - March 2021 (Disney+)
Morbius - March 19th, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - May 7th, 2021
What If: Season 1 - June 2021 (Disney+)
Hawkeye - July 2021 (Disney+)
Spider-Man 3 - July 16th, 2021
Ms. Marvel - August 2021 (Disney+)
Moon Knight - October 2021 (Disney+)
Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness - November 5th, 2021
Hit Monkey - November 2021 (Hulu)
She-Hulk - December 2021 (Disney+)
Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18th, 2022
Black Panther II - May 6th, 2022
What If: Season 2 - June 2022 (Disney+)
Captain Marvel 2 - July 8th, 2022

Ripken10

I think marvel will be as popular as ever, mainly after all of this is over people will need an escape from the real world and the more outlandish and fiction the better. We have seen it in the past. Sad realistic movies will prob be what will get hit the most, nobody will want to be brought down any further. Thanos and the snap will prob be avoided. Which brings me to a what if. If infinity war was being developed now, do you think they might redo the whole thing, with half the population being wiped out with a finger snap.
I don't think so. The movie Outbreak is selling extremely well on a lot of outlets right now. There are many different kinds of people, and there is definitely a sizable part of the population that is more into these movies now.

I wonder how many people out there, stuck in their homes, are re-watching (or for a small few watching for the first time) many or all of the previous marvel movies. Especially with so many on Disney+. One has to wonder how big an increase Disney+ got with schools closing. It has had an increase, but how much.

Tony Perkis

I don't think so. The movie Outbreak is selling extremely well on a lot of outlets right now. There are many different kinds of people, and there is definitely a sizable part of the population that is more into these movies now.

I wonder how many people out there, stuck in their homes, are re-watching (or for a small few watching for the first time) many or all of the previous marvel movies. Especially with so many on Disney+. One has to wonder how big an increase Disney+ got with schools closing. It has had an increase, but how much.
People are honestly a bit sadistic, myself included.

One of the top streaming movies on Netflix is Outbreak.

One of the top selling iTunes rentals/purchases is Contagion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, as of rn:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 7 - May 2020 (ABC)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - August 2020 (Disney+)
Venom 2 - October 2nd, 2020
Helstrom - October 2020 (Hulu)
Black Widow - November 6th, 2020
M.O.D.O.K. - November 2020 (Hulu)
WandaVision - December 2020 (Disney+)
Eternals - February 12th, 2021
Loki - March 2021 (Disney+)
Morbius - March 19th, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - May 7th, 2021
What If: Season 1 - June 2021 (Disney+)
Hawkeye - July 2021 (Disney+)
Spider-Man 3 - July 16th, 2021
Ms. Marvel - August 2021 (Disney+)
Moon Knight - October 2021 (Disney+)
Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness - November 5th, 2021
Hit Monkey - November 2021 (Hulu)
She-Hulk - December 2021 (Disney+)
Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18th, 2022
Black Panther II - May 6th, 2022
What If: Season 2 - June 2022 (Disney+)
Captain Marvel 2 - July 8th, 2022

Where did you get the dates for the D+ series past this year?

Disney Maddux

Where did you get the dates for the D+ series past this year?
They're not intended to be accurate, but more based on when they start filming. Shows usually release about a year after they're filmed. Mandalorian was filmed in November 2018, released in November 2019. Season 2 of it began filming in November 2019, releasing October 2020 (hopefully).

ppete1975

"right now" the theaters aren't open "right now" this is about when theaters reopen. Its been proven that in times of peril WW2 9/11 etc that fantasy is what people lean to. In previous times people leaned on comic books, and westerns. Also one of the things that goes up is hersheys chocolate bar consumption, because people find comfort in it. I don't think Disney+ releases what is being watched, but im sure the marvel movies are still being consumed at a nice rate. People right now are into apocalyptic style movies, because this is still new and we are living it. After a few months people will want an escape, especially after we are allowed to resume some of our normalcy. At that point people will want an escape and want to forget our current present.

Robbiem

"right now" the theaters aren't open "right now" this is about when theaters reopen. Its been proven that in times of peril WW2 9/11 etc that fantasy is what people lean to. In previous times people leaned on comic books, and westerns. Also one of the things that goes up is hersheys chocolate bar consumption, because people find comfort in it. I don't think Disney+ releases what is being watched, but im sure the marvel movies are still being consumed at a nice rate. People right now are into apocalyptic style movies, because this is still new and we are living it. After a few months people will want an escape, especially after we are allowed to resume some of our normalcy. At that point people will want an escape and want to forget our current present.

I think it will be interesting to see how behaviour changes as a result of covid19. This is similar but different to something like 9/11 when people were scared to travel etc. Will people still want to sit in the dark with hundreds of others in close proximity or will the thought of infection lead to people deserting movie theatres and driving business to online and home viewing, or will people be so glad its over and they can escape their homes after months of confinement they splurge on going out and box office soars?

ppete1975

I think it will be interesting to see how behaviour changes as a result of covid19. This is similar but different to something like 9/11 when people were scared to travel etc. Will people still want to sit in the dark with hundreds of others in close proximity or will the thought of infection lead to people deserting movie theatres and driving business to online and home viewing, or will people be so glad its over and they can escape their homes after months of confinement they splurge on going out and box office soars?
How about if someone starts coughing. I could see some ugly interactions that might even turn violent.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, that's been making the rounds in the nerdosphere. He's already walking back his statements. He's a bit of a wild card.

I'd put more faith into how Iger, unprompted, keeps mentioned Deadpool and has the character in his Twitter banner than a known provocateur who's shut out of movie development now that it's under Fiege and not Fox.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's been making the rounds in the nerdosphere. He's already walking back his statements. He's a bit of a wild card.

I'd put more faith into how Iger, unprompted, keeps mentioned Deadpool and has the character in his Twitter banner than a known provocateur who's shut out of movie development now that it's under Fiege and not Fox.
Not only that but we already know things in the MCU have shifted in terms of schedule because of COVID19. So this "not in 5 year schedule" is disingenuous at best as we're already technically in year one of that 5 year schedule.

Honestly he sounds more like a kid that gets upset when someone they don't like wants to play with their toys.

Personally I'm looking at 2022 for them to start shooting DP3, with a 2024-2025 release date (plenty of slots open with unknown titles). We'll be deep into Phase 5 if not Phase 6 by then and perfect time to introduce DP and others from the X-Men world (if they haven't already by then).

Darkprime

This is good news. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney and Marvel are the first of the major studios to resume film production given their tight schedules. They are kind of the industry leaders at the moment so my best guess is they slowly go back over the next two months and the rest of Hollywood follows soon after.

brodie999

This is good news. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney and Marvel are the first of the major studios to resume film production given their tight schedules. They are kind of the industry leaders at the moment so my best guess is they slowly go back over the next two months and the rest of Hollywood follows soon after.

Agreed. I wouldn't be more surprised if they move back some of their movies to this year and some of their 2022 movies back to next year considering how much the Coronavirus is declining. Hopefully, Black Widow will go back to August this year and Eternals in November. And Thor: Love and Thunder and Doctor Strange: ITMOM will be pushed back to November and September 2021 and Spider-Man 3 will arrive in July next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom