02/18/22 - ????
05/06/22 - Black Panther 2
07/29/22 - ????
10/07/22 - ???? (new date)
02/17/23 - ???? (new date)
05/05/23 - ???? (new date)
07/28/23 - ???? (new date)
11/03/23 - ???? (new date)

Announced with no dates: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Blade, Captain Marvel 2, Deadpool 3, Ant-Man 3, Fantastic Four, and Mutants.
My predictions:

02/18/22 - Fantastic 4 (BP/CM launched their franchises in this time of year)
07/29/22 - Ant-Man 3 (flipped it with F4 because ending the trilogy will likely involve a big story)
10/07/22 - Deadpool 3 (R Rated Joker did well in October)
02/17/23 - Blade
05/05/23 - Captain Marvel 2 (if this ends up being a Secret Invasion movie it could have most of the Avengers)
07/28/23 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
11/03/23 - X-Men/Mutants

main wild card is if Spidey 4 happens in 2023 or 2024 (maybe a longer break between trilogies) under Disney.

Darkprime

My predictions:

02/18/22 - Fantastic 4 (BP/CM launched their franchises in this time of year)
07/29/22 - Ant-Man 3 (flipped it with F4 because ending the trilogy will likely involve a big story)
10/07/22 - Deadpool 3 (R Rated Joker did well in October)
02/17/23 - Blade
05/05/23 - Captain Marvel 2 (if this ends up being a Secret Invasion movie it could have most of the Avengers)
07/28/23 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
11/03/23 - X-Men/Mutants

main wild card is if Spidey 4 happens in 2023 or 2024 (maybe a longer break between trilogies) under Disney.

Seems pretty solid. The only thing is where does Avengers 5 fit in this? it could in theory be the May 2023 movie. Or do you think they'll keep that for 2024?

Lucky Rabbit

Seems pretty solid. The only thing is where does Avengers 5 fit in this? it could in theory be the May 2023 movie. Or do you think they'll keep that for 2024?
I think May 2024 we’ll see an Avengers movie. I think of a lot of what’s going on with these movies will lead up to that. 2019-2024 seems like a long enough break.

One rumor is Ant-Man could be Ant-Man & The Young Avengers. Leading a team with Cassie, Hawkeye (Kate), Ms. Marvel, Wiccan, Speed, etc.

Black Panther was a billion dollar franchise in 2018 and now we get a new movie in May 2022. So I think Captain Marvel will follow the same path and be given a similar spot. Plus the same time gap 2019 to 2023. If those are your new headliners then establish them before a big Avengers movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here was the Marvel line up before COVID....

1585977543478.png

Green is Sony movies. Blue is Disney+.

For the D+ series, we only have months or seasons and not specific dates yet.

And now, after COVID, the theatrical releases get pushed back. But, the D+ series might retain their target dates....

1585977660252.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So i’m wondering if the popularity of marvel will be a “casualty” of covid as well?

Another 6 months of further lag already puts them far out from the last release of July 2019.

We’ll see...i’m sure they’ll continue to make solid bucks. It’s just interesting to see if the appetite is still the same. It was - no pun - the endgame prior to this long break as is.

Tony Perkis

So i’m wondering if the popularity of marvel will be a “casualty” of covid as well?

Another 6 months of further lag already puts them far out from the last release of July 2019.

We’ll see...i’m sure they’ll continue to make solid bucks. It’s just interesting to see if the appetite is still the same. It was - no pun - the endgame prior to this long break as is.
Marvel will be fine. They’re not the ones to worry about in Hollywood.

brodie999

Don't worry. After the Coronavirus's over, it won't be like the Great Depression. Companies will either lose money or go bankrupt, but the whole world will be all over it quick.

Tony Perkis

You always bite on the hypotheticals. I’m wondering it the delay could be a bad or a good thing?

Time will tell.

Hollywood is very much in deep 💩 right now...all of it.
I bite on the obvious hyperbolic and unfounded reactions. A Disney-owned Marvel is not in danger, and they’re not the thing in Hollywood to be worried about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I bite on the obvious hyperbolic and unfounded reactions. A Disney-owned Marvel is not in danger, and they’re not the thing in Hollywood to be worried about.
It was a “reaction”...it was a question. Do you know how to respond without the word “hyperbolic”? Or the difference of meanings between different words.

Go to bed, Rambo.

Tony Perkis

It was a “reaction”...it was a question. Do you know how to respond without the word “hyperbolic”? Or the difference of meanings between different words.

Go to bed, Rambo.
The overwhelming majority of my posts have not included the word “hyperbolic”. I would assume reading could have allowed you to figure that one out. But I can only speak for myself.

BrianLo

Black Widow was a movie that really needed to lead into Endgame. It would have been a perfect "bridge" movie between Infinity War and Endgame. Natasha's character arc in endgame would have held even more weight following a movie dedicated to her.

I think this will be a case of increased appetite for the MCU. The longer the break, the more people who are ready to get on the ride again. Demand will be pretty insatiable for the Disney+ series if they are any good.

Theatrically though the 'main-line saga' is surprisingly only being advanced by Spiderman 2 and immediately Spiderman 3 with Doctor Strange getting the boot. Which is kind of funny. Eternals and Shang Chi being side stories. I know they'll feed in, but they are more expand the universe stories rather than advance the core plot. Perhaps taking place pre-Endgame.

I think Captain Marvel 2 will be poised as the next big Avengers-type tentpole. Black Panther 2 being huge - but its own thing. Captain Marvel is liable to be "the Galactic team" movie. Certainly the Eternals, probably Thor +/- Doctor Strange +/- Guardians. Unless that's Thor's movie and Captain Marvel is the big starting point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Black Widow was a movie that really needed to lead into Endgame. It would have been a perfect "bridge" movie between Infinity War and Endgame. Natasha's character arc in endgame would have held even more weight following a movie dedicated to her.

I think this will be a case of increased appetite for the MCU. The longer the break, the more people who are ready to get on the ride again. Demand will be pretty insatiable for the Disney+ series if they are any good.

Theatrically though the 'main-line saga' is surprisingly only being advanced by Spiderman 2 and immediately Spiderman 3 with Doctor Strange getting the boot. Which is kind of funny. Eternals and Shang Chi being side stories. I know they'll feed in, but they are more expand the universe stories rather than advance the core plot. Perhaps taking place pre-Endgame.

I think Captain Marvel 2 will be poised as the next big Avengers-type tentpole. Black Panther 2 being huge - but its own thing. Captain Marvel is liable to be "the Galactic team" movie. Certainly the Eternals, probably Thor +/- Doctor Strange +/- Guardians. Unless that's Thor's movie and Captain Marvel is the big starting point.

Remember Phase 4 is the beginning of the next story arc of the MCU. So Eternals and Shang-Chi will start the next chapter, with Dr Strange being the larger play into the bigger arc. The D+ shows will be the filler to get deeper into the character arcs.

And then the rest will continue like the first 3 phases.

BrianLo

Remember Phase 4 is the beginning of the next story arc of the MCU. So Eternals and Shang-Chi will start the next chapter, with Dr Strange being the larger play into the bigger arc. The D+ shows will be the filler to get deeper into the character arcs.

And then the rest will continue like the first 3 phases.

Oh yes - I'm not saying they aren't important films by any means. But that they may not even take place post-Endgame.

They will certainly be more important for the future core narrative than Black Widow.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh yes - I'm not saying they aren't important films by any means. But that they may not even take place post-Endgame.

They will certainly be more important for the future core narrative than Black Widow.

Well the story arc is post-Endgame, but you're right each of the individual films stories may not be post-Endgame in the MCU timeline. Like for example Eternals is suppose to take place 10K years ago.

Falcon-Winter Solider, Wanda/Vision, Loki, and Dr Strange 2 are all directly after Endgame in the MCU timeline. With Wanda/Vision and Loki being directly tied to Dr Strange 2.

Black Widow is set between Infinity War and Endgame. It provides back story for several characters, primarily of course Black Window herself.

Some of the other D+ shows will also lead into the other films, such as Ms Marvel is suppose to tie into Capt Marvel 2.

The Grand Inquisitor

Here was the Marvel line up before COVID....

View attachment 460722

Green is Sony movies. Blue is Disney+.

For the D+ series, we only have months or seasons and not specific dates yet.

And now, after COVID, the theatrical releases get pushed back. But, the D+ series might retain their target dates....

View attachment 460723
I'm guessing the October 2022 date will be for Blade. My guess for the rest of the movies release dates will be February 2023 : Deadpool 3, May: Guardians 3, July 2023: Ant-Man 3, and November 2023: Fantastic Four.

Disney Maddux

Well the story arc is post-Endgame, but you're right each of the individual films stories may not be post-Endgame in the MCU timeline. Like for example Eternals is suppose to take place 10K years ago.

Falcon-Winter Solider, Wanda/Vision, Loki, and Dr Strange 2 are all directly after Endgame in the MCU timeline. With Wanda/Vision and Loki being directly tied to Dr Strange 2.

Black Widow is set between Infinity War and Endgame. It provides back story for several characters, primarily of course Black Window herself.

Some of the other D+ shows will also lead into the other films, such as Ms Marvel is suppose to tie into Capt Marvel 2.
Black Widow doesn't take place between Infinity War and Endgame, that was confirmed by Scarlet Johansson. It'll take place between Black Panther and Homecoming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom