McDonald's Toys

Piebald

So I got Goofy today and I have to say I am extremely disappointed. What a piece of crap. The paint was TERRIBLE. Not just some smudges here and there or anything but just absolutely terrible. I'm tempted to chuck it out into the trash can thats how bad it is. Is everyone getting these crappy paintjobs or was I incredibly unlucky?

mkepcotmgmak

Piebald said:
So I got Goofy today and I have to say I am extremely disappointed. What a piece of crap. The paint was TERRIBLE. Not just some smudges here and there or anything but just absolutely terrible. I'm tempted to chuck it out into the trash can thats how bad it is. Is everyone getting these crappy paintjobs or was I incredibly unlucky?

you know what, i wasn't really going to say anything, but i got two mickeys, and they are both horrible! the paint is really bad!

Theresonly1

Piebald said:

I noticed that the paint was pretty bad on goofy, mickey & minnie only had small scuffs on their hands.

Joevn

Does anyone else think that Goofy's and Donald's poses are a little weird? Mickey is also wearing red shorts instead of pants. And Chip and Dale just don't look right (I think it's the eyebrows).

Because of all of that, combined with how hard it is to find figures with a somewhat decent paint job for a Happy Meal Toy, I probably won't try too hard to collect them all. Don't get me wrong, I still like Mickey and Minnie figures overall, would like to get Stitch and Tink, and the cards are pretty cool. But I think the 100 Years of Magic figures came out better for the Fab Five. Maybe I'll try to hunt those down on eBay.....

Joe

DisneyFreak529

Joevn said:
Does anyone else think that Goofy's and Donald's poses are a little weird? Mickey is also wearing red shorts instead of pants. And Chip and Dale just don't look right (I think it's the eyebrows).

I agree with you i think that Donald & Goofy look really messed up. My Minnie's Dress is light gray & my mother's Minnie's Dress is white, so what is up with that?

I think that Mickey should be in paints, that is how he looks in WDW & Minnie should be dress in her red dress! That is just me.

DisneyFreak529

I forgot to add this but, my mother's Minnie won't even stay on her stand that she came with. She keeps comming off! Any one else have this problem??

Joevn

DisneyFreak529 said:
I forgot to add this but, my mother's Minnie won't even stay on her stand that she came with. She keeps comming off! Any one else have this problem??

My Minnie isn't that way, but my Mickey is.

PrtyPlnnrJC101

I agree that Mickey should have full pants, but I like Minnie in this dress. It's the dress she wears in all the HCOE marketing, so it makes sense to put her in that dress for this promotion as well. But Mickey should definitely have long pants to match his HCOE marketing. If you're going to make Minnie match, so should Mickey. And I also have to comment on the paint jobs as well. I thought maybe I was the only one to notice or care, but they are pretty sloppy. I still love them anyway though! Happy hunting and I hope everyone gets the characters they are searching for.

New2WDW

Any 5 year olds have a problem?

This is after all a Happy Meal Toy for kids! The overall look of the character is what the kids notice and if you want to collect them then do so! My little girls (and my wife) are excited about just getting the characters! Yes, I do agree about the craftsmanship, but again these toys look better than most happy meal toys! As far as the serious collectors go, there is the card that comes with each toy and IMHO they look pretty cool!

Side note: my girls love for me to hide them around the living room so that they can find them - their own hidden Mickey game.

tracyandalex

we have minnie and mickey, and mickey SADCT card, philharmagic card, and mickey & minnie in front of the castle. sorry i don't have them here with me so i don't know the numbers. i agree with others the toys themselves are a little cheap looking.

tracy & alex

DisKid

Not only are the toys somewhat disappointing...it's also really disappointing that they chose not to do glasses!!!

I found this very interesting though:

DisneyFreak529 said:
My Minnie's Dress is light gray & my mother's Minnie's Dress is white, so what is up with that?

Because mine seems to be a cross between a light blue/light gray hazy white!!!

Piebald

These toys are terribly cheap. It's a shame because finding these kind of toys even in Disneyworld itself is difficult. If someone is interested in collecting really nice disney character figures, check out the tomy magical collection on ebay.

Dwarful

My girls are driving me mad with McD requests! They each have Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & Tink and the Illuminations card is pretty sweet! ( I think that came with our Tinks)our Minnies are in white dresses. We live right by a Mc D's so its easy for me to run through and grab them.

DisneyGuy2005

So far I have gotten Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Tinkerbell in that order for a very special friend of mine. Working on the rest. I'm glad I got them in order so I can keep track of who I have gotten so far.:)

DisneyFreak529

Ok Now I have Mickey & Minnie & Tinkerbell

I have cards: 24, 1, 9

I'm still looking for Donald Duck, I've been to three McD's today. Two had only Goofy and one had Goofy & Tinkerbell. I didn't get Goofy because I didn't like his pose. My husband is a really big Donald fan so I have to get one of those & I want Chip & Dale even though they looked messed up.

OliveMcFly

I went to McD this afternoon and asked if I could just buy the toys. I really confused them. HeHe She told me they don't get that alot...I just don't want to eat their food. Today I got Tinkerbell and Goofy, plus Mickey and Minnie. Yet, no winning card.

LostNametag

I have just bought the toys. I have all but Buzz and Stitch and could have gotten them today when I went, but didnt. Today I bought Donald, Simba, Pluto and Chip-n-Dale. The lady behind the counter was showing me all of them asking if I had them yet. I was so happy to get them! How many backgrounds are there? If anyone knows this- please reply-- Is there a background with the Sorcerer's Hat on it? I have to know! (watches all her $$ fly out the window for happy meal toys she already has, in hopes of getting the MGM Hat) lol Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom